TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Nah don't be excited, its f*cking terrible.

I really, really, really do not understand all the hate T3 gets. I rode it May of last year and quite enjoyed it, especially compared to Mind Eraser at SFNE before they got the new trains.

Honestly, I don't either. It's worlds better with the new train and restraint system. Lol now back in the OLD days...........

I still remember the days I'd sit in the back, press my head against one side of the padding, and literally brace tightly for dear life as the coaster proceeded to rattle and throw my body around on those old awkward SLC seats. I can attest to the new seats being far better than what they were before, and I usually give the coaster a whirl or two when I'm there (back of train mostly).

Wait...so Mile High Falls doesn't constitute a log flume ride

No

This is a log flume (note the happy riders... not something you typically see on Mile High Falls)

They generally have fun layouts, have small single file boats and get riders wet without soaking them. Rides like Mile High Falls have huge boats, don't do anything except turn and go down one drop and exist solely to soak riders to the bone and make them regret their decision to ride it.

^^ @ your description of Mile High Falls type of rides!

And coasterbill! With your Avatar change, I almost didn't recognize you, until your snarky wit! (And, well, it's actually YOU in the Avatar, too, so...)

I really feel like this is splitting hairs here...

"No, no I KNOW Kentucky Kingdom has a version of this ride but how 'bout a smaller, LAMER version for people who DON'T really like having as much fun?"

Walking around with soaked swamp a$$ shorts and water logged tennis shoes is not my idea of having a good time. Relaxing on a nice little fun boat ride and taking in the views is fun to me. It's all subjective, but you see far less adults riding Shoot the Shoot Splash Boat rides, as opposed to Log Flumes. They're not the same rides and they offer vastly different end results.

I really feel like this is splitting hairs here...

"No, no I KNOW Kentucky Kingdom has a version of this ride but how 'bout a smaller, LAMER version for people who DON'T really like having as much fun?"

Walking around with soaked swamp a$$ shorts and water logged tennis shoes is not my idea of having a good time. Relaxing on a nice little fun boat ride and taking in the views is fun to me. It's all subjective, but you see far less adults riding Shoot the Shoot Splash Boat rides, as opposed to Log Flumes. They're not the same rides and they offer vastly different end results.

This. Also, Log Flumes are infinitely more popular rides than chute the chutes (because they're much, much better rides). What's the longest line anyone's ever seen for a chute the chutes ride? 0 minutes? There's a reason for that.

Honestly Rabbit_in_Red, you're probably one of the only people that prefers a chute the chutes ride to a Log Flume.

Nope. I repeat:

Walking around with soaked swamp a$$ shorts and water logged tennis shoes is not my idea of having a good time.

The only times Emily and I decide to go on river rapid rides is when we've had more than we probably should have had to drink and it's near the end of the day. It's almost always a regret. Funny, but a regret.

Okay but Raging Rapids, anyone?

I've never been a fan.

The rapids themselves are great at getting you wet, but only from the waist down. Nobody has ever said "Man, I'm hot... I wish I could get my pants, socks and shoes wet to cool off while my upper body doesn't get wet at all... unless of course I go under a waterfall in which case I might as well jump in a lake with my clothes on".

PS: I'm also not feeling the Kentucky Kingdom dick rocks on their rapids ride.

IMG_4806.thumb.JPG.4a0d9087662d48f0f3a81d7d59668f27.JPG

Photo by Brit... lol

Who designed those?

Damn. Too bad we're only staying for a few hours before going on a Bourbon tour. We want to be somewhat presentable. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to have a few beers and ride Dick Rock Falls near the end of the day.