TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^Hoping maybe to fit something in like they did with Cyclos next to Lightning Run!

^^Gap between the two fence gates? You can't really squeeze through them.

Would've been a great spot for Eye of the Storm, honestly. Speaking of which, it's obvious they plan on having at least one other flat ride there where the dragsters were, if not a couple.

I would love to be able to visit this park this summer, but we'll see how things go.

I just got an e-mail last week from our corporate headquarters that they are offering 2-Day tickets to KK for under $20...kinda hard to turn my back on such a great deal!

I think they might be planning on connecting Storm Chaser to Eye of the Storm because when we were at Keys to the Kingdom when we left Storm Chaser we went out a gate and crossed over the Drag Strip and then walked along side of it to Eye of the Storm. The area and distance between the two rides is a pretty big area so they could do a lot in that area.

Edited by mikeykaise

Is there anyone on this forum that works at KK? I recently tried to apply at the park, but it appears you can't apply for certain positions. (Unless I did something wrong?) I would like to work in ride operations, but the only option is a team member which could apply to multiple things. I also thought they may have already filled all those spots. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

2018 map? Where? On the 2017 map Mt. Slide Hai is pictured as normal.

Map is posted one page back. But I actually can't see any difference to the structure on the new map as well.

^ Yeah, I am a bit confused at how mikeykaise is drawing that conclusion about the slide tower. But I do agree with his assessment that the next major dry park expansion will be along the path between Storm Chaser and Eye of the Storm. I really hope its not going to be set up the way it is now because that path is really crummy. No trees, no theming, very narrow, and diverts traffic away from a much better path on the other side of Thunder Run.

What I thought was funny about the map is the lights and spotlight on the Ampatheater. Which is still just being used for storage and still has the Batman Stunt Show backdrop up.

Is there another fence between that gate and the coaster? If not that gap is way too wide.
I'm pretty sure ASTM guidelines state no gap in perimeter fencing should be 4 inches or greater.

Lmfao this site never ceases to amaze me.

Yes, the gap next to the enormous red sign that says "RESTRICTED AREA DO NOT ENTER" might be wide enough that people might be confused as to whether or not they should enter or whether or not they should let their kids enter. Welcome to America, the "greatest country in the world".

It's amazing how one typo can cause so much confusion. Obviously nobody has a 2018 map. GraybyDefault just made a typo, the park obviously didn't hand out maps for next season.

I didn't catch that at the time though I did find it odd why the park would be handing out 2018 maps, blame it on a lack of coffee, my bad people, sorry. My previous post has been corrected. Ed Hart or one of the tour guides did say that 2018 was going to be a Water Park year since they've focused on the dry side for the last couple of years so I'm thinking the 2018 plans will revolve around the slide complex that is going to be removed at the end of this year.

They clearly have SOMETHING in mind for that space within Storm Chaser's layout. What that is, I have no idea. Could be something as simple as a seating area.

The pictures of Storm Chaser on any website does not do it justice to how much room is available inside of Storm Chaser's layout or just how much ground Storm Chase covers but when we went in those same gates during Keys to the Kingdom there was a huge open layout and you can't see it but if you turn slightly right when entering the gates it is completely open all the way back to the 3rd hill where it turns to the left, they could easily put several flat rides inside of the Storm Chaser layout if they wanted to. If you sliced up a football field you could fit the whole football field inside of Storm Chaser and still have room left over.

I agree that 2018 is likely to be Hurricane Bay heavy in focus, and I'm OK with that. I still suspect they'll announce a new coaster for 2019 as such a project would be too big to hide from the public for long and, if it's a large enough coaster, is going to require a bit of time to fully build.

And you're right, there's a TON of space inside Storm Chaser for other attractions as well as space for one or two more in the old Dragster area where Eye of the Storm is now. I will say, I wish they had done SOMETHING with the old garage bay by the dragsters. New food option, souvenir stand...SOMETHING!

^In their defense they did open a new drink stand underneath Thunder Run this year. But I agree, I hope to see them do something with that building in the near future. It seems like the ideal place for a new quick-service restaurant. I'm pretty sure they do use if for storage at the moment, so that could be part of the reason.

It's also a shaded smoking area, which isn't the most pleasant thing depending on the direction of wind, but it at least makes some kind of use out of it (for now). I second what you guys said that it would make a wonderful shaded dining area, though.