TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^But just like the argument that Disney should not add another track to Toy Story or another theater for Soarin, I would rather see KK spent the money that could be spent on a transfer track for Thunder Run on a cool flat ride or put the money towards getting their next coaster quicker. A new ride still increases park capacity, but offers a new and unique experience. I am sure the park could have put a second train on Thunder Run, but it probably would have been a similar amount as the Larson super loop they are getting this year. By getting the Super Loop instead, they still receive a likely comparable park capacity boost, but over two experiences instead of one. Plus there is the fact that I have never gone to KK when the line for TR is longer that 30 mins, and I go a lot!

I am sure the park could have put a second train on Thunder Run, but it probably would have been a similar amount as the Larson super loop they are getting this year.

Exactly. Why get a new train for a coaster when you can get an entirely new coaster? Those Larson Super Loops are great coasters, and people will love this.

I've not been to Kentucky Kingdom, even going back to the Six Flags days, to where I couldn't just walk onto Thunder Run or wait two runs TOPS before riding. I don't think there's a real necessity for a second train.

I've seen it been a little worse than that since the re-opening. The longest I have waited is about 20-25 minutes (around the bottom of stairs to the station).

I am sure the park could have put a second train on Thunder Run, but it probably would have been a similar amount as the Larson super loop they are getting this year.

Exactly. Why get a new train for a coaster when you can get an entirely new coaster? Those Larson Super Loops are great coasters, and people will love this.

This new roller coaster has put this park on the map for me. Planning a visit right now, and I'll be running right over to this new yellow roller coaster as soon as I get there. I'm honestly really surprised this new yellow looping roller coaster is not on more "most anticipated roller coasters of 2017" lists. It goes forwards and backwards. And let's face it - there aren't too many roller coasters that go forward and backwards where you can go face to face with a complete stranger and possibly even have them throw up right on your face. Face your fears for a unique experience, guys.

This new roller coaster has put this park on the map for me. Planning a visit right now, and I'll be running right over to this new yellow roller coaster as soon as I get there. I'm honestly really surprised this new yellow looping roller coaster is not on more "most anticipated roller coasters of 2017" lists. It goes forwards and backwards. And let's face it - there aren't too many roller coasters that go forward and backwards where you can go face to face with a complete stranger and possibly even have them throw up right on your face. Face your fears for a unique experience, guys.

Man, I would really love to experience a rollback on this coaster. It's always been my dream to experience a rollback on a Larson Super Loop. I'd love that even more than I'd want a rollback on Dragster. Like 11293210938x more!

• 2 weeks later...
It's getting closer to spring, should be getting some news sometime.

It was mentioned earlier that they could be making a big announcement sometime in April. Not sure what could be better than this year's new coaster, but I'm always for new expansions!

So I feel like I already know the answer but we're planning a Holiday World / Kentucky Kingdom / Mystical Mystery Shed tour over Memorial Day weekend and were curious as to whether or not there was anything to do in Louisville at night.

I'm debating whether or not I want to stay in the Louisville area or if it's better to just head towards Cincinnati, go to Coney Island (any idea how late this place is typically open on weekends?) and find some random bar or something.

Both Cincinnati and Louisville are known for food and craft beer so you can't go wrong either way. I am honestly not sure how late coney stays open as every time i have gone I have been out early. If you choose cincy send me a message I will send you some links on places that might be of interest for food and drinks.

Downtown Louisville has nightlife, and most of it is centered on bourbon. I don't know if you're strictly a beer guy, but if you like whisky at all, there are plenty of bars downtown with good selections and even flights. I'd recommend Down One at 3rd & Main. If you're not into whisky, you might as well go on to Cincinnati.

So I feel like I already know the answer but we're planning a Holiday World / Kentucky Kingdom / Mystical Mystery Shed tour over Memorial Day weekend and were curious as to whether or not there was anything to do in Louisville at night.

Damn, we're just going to miss each other. We'll be getting into Louisville for a KK/quick GTFO of town trip for Emily's birthday on that Monday or Tuesday. (3/29 or 3/30)