TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Look at all this new wood!!

Woah! They certainly are doing a lot of new work on that turn, especially after doing an entire re-track after the park first opened. That construction is so heavy I almost thought that it was Mistic Timbers construction that you posted in the wrong thread!

I actually thought the same thing. Good that they're keeping this thing in shape.

Quick, off topic question. Does KK do any sort of twilight or evening discount tickets? I'll likely be visiting the in-laws in Indiana this summer and may swing by for a few hours.

Looking at their website (Thanks for the 16pt bonus) They don't

However since you live in Virginia, You qualify for this https://www.kentuckykingdom.com/groups/out-of-state-fun-club/ in 2016, it was $29.95 for 2 days

Also if you have free time, I recommend Lexington Ice & Mini Golf, Its 3-18 hole courses of mini golf and you can get unlimited for $9.95. It's religious themed but it's not extremely religious themed.

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into the out of state discount. But, I think it's just for companies. Not sure that I could get it to work.

^ Yeah, that deal they had last year for out-of-state guests was an incredible bargain! If the one for this year is even remotely similar, I may have to take advantage of it and come down for a visit, as the park looks really nice! Plus, I'd like to finally get a chance to ride an RMC! (Darn you, Lightning Rod!! )

It was a massive hit with the park last year. I especially noticed while visiting the park one crowded Saturday. You can tell who took advantage of it by who's wearing the free-drink wristband, and more than half of everyone I saw at the park had them. I remembering overhearing some families having traveled from somewhere in Tennessee just to visit.

It was a massive hit with the park last year. I especially noticed while visiting the park one crowded Saturday. You can tell who took advantage of it by who's wearing the free-drink wristband, and more than half of everyone I saw at the park had them. I remembering overhearing some families having traveled from somewhere in Tennessee just to visit.

Me and my wife did a Hw, KK, and KI trip last summer. I did not know about the out of state discounts

Speaking of Holiday World (I'm sure this is more of a question for that forum) do they have any such discounts or twilight pass? I was considering trying to split a day between the two parks. Feasible?

We like waterpark as well, so for us between the dry side and wet side KK was an all day park

Speaking of Holiday World (I'm sure this is more of a question for that forum) do they have any such discounts or twilight pass? I was considering trying to split a day between the two parks. Feasible?

If you're just going for the coasters (which you shouldn't do) then you can do both in one day. Start with KK and then go to HW, because due to the time change you'll arrive 30 minutes after you left KK.

Really, though, both these parks are so much more than just coasters. KK is a full day park and HW is a two day park. You'll need a whole day just for Splashin' Safari.

If you're just going for the coasters (which you shouldn't do) then you can do both in one day. Start with KK and then go to HW, because due to the time change you'll arrive 30 minutes after you left KK.

Really, though, both these parks are so much more than just coasters. KK is a full day park and HW is a two day park. You'll need a whole day just for Splashin' Safari.

Yeah, I've not been to KK since it was owned by SF. Same time frame for HW as well. The catch is we are going to hit these parks while visiting my in-laws so we won't have much time.

Fair enough. I did both Disney parks in Anaheim in one day, so I totally get taking advantage of whatever time you have, even if it's not a lot.

You'll be in for a long day and pressed for time the whole way, but it helps that you've been to both before. At KK, skip T3 and the waterpark. Go to Lightning Run at opening, then Fearfall and Cyclos. Go to the back, hit Thunder Run if the line's short, but you've probably been on it at SFKK. Storm Chaser lots. Back to Lightning Run, leave. Get lunch in the car.

30 minutes later due to time zone magic, arrive at HW. Go straight to the water park and ride Mammoth and Wildebeest as much as you can. Then ride Thunderbird lots, and make your way to the front, hitting the three woodies as you go. Gobbler Getaway if there's time between Voyage and Legend.

It's one breakneck day, and expensive considering you won't really get your money's worth on the tickets only spending a few hours in each park. But Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, and Thunderbird are all too awesome to pass up. Have fun!

Kentucky Kingdom has a water coaster, too. You'll have Mammutt and Wildebeast to ride that same day, sure, but a water coaster is a water coaster. There aren't that many, so get in all the ones you can.

Edited by RollerManic

Dang. I didn't realize I'd be getting a agenda for the day. Thanks for the detailed input. As time gets closer we will see if it's something we really wanna do. Maybe it'd be worth taking one extra day on the trip and not having to rush.

Good to know I have options.

Does Thunder Run even need a second train? I haven't been to the park since it was SF, so I don't remember how lines were.

^ But how would they conveniently remove a train from the track when the train needs to be serviced?? . . . And where would they store it?