TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Just someone who enjoys T3 every once in a while passing through. That's ok we are all entitled to our opinions but I think most would agree that it is better than having literally nothing in it's spot. Also although the ride experience leaves something to be desired it is still fairly popular from what I have seen.

^I don't even think those trains helped at all.

Sure there's less head banging, but it's replaced with full body banging and cutting off circulation to your legs!!!!

I'm sorry, and I've told the park owner and managers this to their face, they should not be spending ANY more money on that pile of crap. It was not a good coaster. It is now not a good coaster. And no matter how much more money you throw at it, it will NEVER be a good coaster.

I don't know the first thing about owning a park, but I feel like keeping T2 closed until removing it would be logical and getting a better coaster to replace it would have been a better plan.

^I don't even think those trains helped at all.

Sure there's less head banging, but it's replaced with full body banging and cutting off circulation to your legs!!!!

I'm sorry, and I've told the park owner and managers this to their face, they should not be spending ANY more money on that pile of crap. It was not a good coaster. It is now not a good coaster. And no matter how much more money you throw at it, it will NEVER be a good coaster.

I don't know the first thing about owning a park, but I feel like keeping T2 closed until removing it would be logical and getting a better coaster to replace it would have been a better plan.

I'm not sure the majority of park goers feel as passionately as we do. Keeping a ride SBNO doesn't seem like the best of plans. Or perhaps Hart and Co. hoped the new trains would be a bigger help than they've been?

Or perhaps Hart and Co. hoped the new trains would be a bigger help than they've been?

I think this is the answer. A lot of us had high hopes for it being the second Thunderhawk and not sucking like the rest of these do. I myself was looking forward to trying out the new trains. Then I rode it, and halfway through I wanted off.

Consider, too, that this was basically their cheapest option to having an inverting coaster, and that is important for a park to have. Only enthusiasts care about stupid sh*t like having a specific type of coaster or a specific manufacturer. That's not what I'm talking about here. There are a few people for whom having a coaster that goes upside down is a selling point, and the lack of one would keep them away. Granted, a larger number avoid inversions, but the group that really wants an inverting coaster is significant.

Now that they have Storm Chaser, though, in my mind it renders T3 obsolete. The problem is that SC has only lap bars. I didn't encounter anyone in line for SC who wouldn't ride T3, but I did encounter people in line for T3 who wouldn't ride SC because of the inversions with lap bars. You can argue all you want that lap bars are perfectly safe, and I agree with you, but when you're running an amusement park, selling tickets is far more important than winning an argument. You can't pay your bills with being right.

For that reason, if they do replace T3, it should be with another, better invert, or else something like a floorless, etc. that has inversions and OTSRs. That's playing to your audience.

For that reason, if they do replace T3, it should be with another, better invert, or else something like a floorless, etc. that has inversions and OTSRs. That's playing to your audience.

As long as it holds a line and doesn't become a maintenance burden I doubt they will replace it.

I don't think T3's all that bad, personally. No, it's not GREAT, but it's hardly the god awful coaster folks are making it out to be. The poster who said he doesn't know anything about running a park but thinks keeping it closed would be "logical" proved that he does, indeed, not know anything about running a park.

Quick, off topic question. Does KK do any sort of twilight or evening discount tickets? I'll likely be visiting the in-laws in Indiana this summer and may swing by for a few hours.

Looking at their website (Thanks for the 16pt bonus) They don't

However since you live in Virginia, You qualify for this https://www.kentuckykingdom.com/groups/out-of-state-fun-club/ in 2016, it was $29.95 for 2 days

Also if you have free time, I recommend Lexington Ice & Mini Golf, Its 3-18 hole courses of mini golf and you can get unlimited for $9.95. It's religious themed but it's not extremely religious themed.

I'm curious to why you recommend a mini-golf course located an hour away from Kentucky Kingdom? This isn't a comment on the facility itself, but it just seems like quite a stretch to visit something as small as that.

If someone were to travel that far for a recreation center like it, my first pick would have been Kart Kountry which is only 30 minutes.

I have nothing against him. I just can't escape politics, anymore. Even in Church this morning there were a few pot shots taken at the administration. I'm sick of hearing both sides. I certainly don't want to hear about it when I'm researching something I enjoy.

I have nothing against him. I just can't escape politics, anymore. Even in Church this morning there were a few pot shots taken at the administration. I'm sick of hearing both sides. I certainly don't want to hear about it when I'm researching something I enjoy.

Point taken, and sorry.

Look at all this new wood!!

Woah! They certainly are doing a lot of new work on that turn, especially after doing an entire re-track after the park first opened. That construction is so heavy I almost thought that it was Mistic Timbers construction that you posted in the wrong thread!