TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Aside from what could be coming, I would like to say this. Myself and many other people i have talked to are fascianted with the comeback the park has done since the abondonment of six flags. I recently came across some remarkable photos of the park two years after SF abandoned the park and it inspired me to make this video. It shows the pictures i found and shows what the park looks like now and what all has changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5aKChf2psY

As for whats coming? I hope its a B&M Hyper, or something by B&M, i wouldn't be mad or sad if its a coaster by anyone else because well....a coaster is a coaster in my eyes.

Edited by drummermattk

Does this park make a killing from their water park? Based on the attendance I remember reading and the reasonable prices, I just don't understand how they can do everything they've done up to this point and be planning such a large addition for 2018/2019 (if that's really what it is).

Either way, I'm excited to see what they've got planned and I'm also excited for my first visit to this park in June!

^ It is not really jumping to conclusions. There is video evidence that either 2018 or 2019 will include a roller coaster based on the Kentucky Kingdom no coaster con presentation. There is also a video of Ed Hart himself saying (after Storm Chaser had already opened might I add) that they were "looking at another coaster with Rocky Mountain".

It's not really jumping to conclusion, it's connecting obvious dots that were laid out in an obvious manner by Ed Hart himself. I'm not going to be butt hurt if it's NOT a new coaster, but Ed's all but drawn out in crayon that there'll be a new coaster in 2018 or 2019. If they're announcing their plans so early, this seems indicative of just such an announcement as a new major attraction such as a coaster would be difficult to hide from the public and thus you'd want to announce it and build anticipation early.

I guess there's buttheads on every message board though, who like feeling cool for whatever reason instead of being a contributing part of the conversation...

If they're announcing in the spring, it means they're building something that's going to take more than just an off season to build, and is big enough that they can't really hide it from the public while it's being constructed. That's not just indicative of a new coaster, but a new sizable coaster of some form.

Speculation on multiple coaster sites/Youtube channels of RMC T-Rex or B&M Hyper.

Is there anywhere in the park they could build a B&M Hyper though, with height restrictions and all? When I say "sizable", I'm talking more "Chang" vs. "Lightning Run"...lol, not Diamondback.

If they're announcing in the spring, it means they're building something that's going to take more than just an off season to build, and is big enough that they can't really hide it from the public while it's being constructed. That's not just indicative of a new coaster, but a new sizable coaster of some form.

Speculation on multiple coaster sites/Youtube channels of RMC T-Rex or B&M Hyper.

Is there anywhere in the park they could build a B&M Hyper though, with height restrictions and all? When I say "sizable", I'm talking more "Chang" vs. "Lightning Run"...lol, not Diamondback.

The front side, talking Lightning Run, Giant Wheel and Deep Water Dive they can build up to 200 feet. Any taller and it would have to go underground. The Max height on the back side is 100 feet. So they could go behind Sky Catcher and the rest of the newer part of the Water Park.

Since a majority of the coasters KK has are full of airtime, I'd love to see a B&M floorless to fill the Chang void. The park skyline just isn't the same without a massive looping coaster looming over about everything else.

^They own some parts of the park and lease others. For example the entrance side of the road is all leased, but a good portion of the water park side is land that they own.

Ok, is the land just West of Roller Skater land that they can develop, or is it part of another property?

Since a majority of the coasters KK has are full of airtime, I'd love to see a B&M floorless to fill the Chang void. The park skyline just isn't the same without a massive looping coaster looming over about everything else.

This guy. I like it.

They really do need a large looper becuase it is the one thing missing from their lineup.

Another floorless in the United States would be awesome given the last new one was Hydra: The Revenge in 2005. In fact, globally, Hair Raiser (2011) and Nitro (2013) are the only two that have been built since Hydra. I'll be bummed to see them go with a wing coaster.

There is video evidence that either 2018 or 2019 will include a roller coaster based on the Kentucky Kingdom no coaster con presentation.

I'm sorry, but is it wrong that I literally laughed out loud when you used the term "video evidence?"

There mere suggestion (joke) that there will be no coaster set off such an entertaining chain reaction of just a couple posts that it may only be trumped by an announcement which I pray to God is filled with a new kiddie ride section, buy one-get one free coupons, and a mediocre fireworks display for the entire month of July, 2017. If there is no coaster announcement in the Spring it will be... the perfect storm.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Honestly, I would not be opposed to that

I would be all for that if it took the place of T3.

There is video evidence that either 2018 or 2019 will include a roller coaster based on the Kentucky Kingdom no coaster con presentation.

I'm sorry, but is it wrong that I literally laughed out loud when you used the term "video evidence?"

There mere suggestion (joke) that there will be no coaster set off such an entertaining chain reaction of just a couple posts that it may only be trumped by an announcement which I pray to God is filled with a new kiddie ride section, buy one-get one free coupons, and a mediocre fireworks display for the entire month of July, 2017. If there is no coaster announcement in the Spring it will be... the perfect storm.

Kentucky Kingdom cannot do a fireworks show because of the airport flight path. People asked on their Facebook page last Forth of July and they gave that reason as to why they would not be having fireworks to celebrate. I know you were being sarcastic but I thought I would just set something straight.

Realistically how long would it take to 'do' this park, not including the water park (since we will be doing Holiday World / Splashin Safari)? Is a few hours sufficient on a Sunday? I havnt really done my research yet. Any secret tips (best food, surprising ride, unique stuff? etc?) -- What are lines like for storm chaser on a busy day? (because busy at Dorney is 5 minutes but busy at Cedar Point is 2.5 hours)

Google says people spend 4.5 hours there so I'm thinking a full day is definitely not needed. But maybe there is something I don't know

Thanks!