TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

they're not calling it a Coaster!

Why does anyone care about this?

Because most of us feel like a park classifying a Larson Loop as a roller coaster is a bit ridiculous. It's as bad as parks who classify Disko rides as coasters. They are not coasters. They "thrill" rides, and as we all know. . . There's a big difference between a thrill ride and a roller coaster.

Also, it's very misleading (to the GP at least) and it's a really cheap way for the park to falsely raise their coaster count.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will continue on living our lives.

Seriously, no one should care about this.

they're not calling it a Coaster!

Why does anyone care about this?

Because most of us feel like a park classifying a Larson Loop as a roller coaster is a bit ridiculous. It's as bad as parks who classify Disko rides as coasters. They are not coasters. They "thrill" rides, and as we all know. . . There's a big difference between a thrill ride and a roller coaster.

Also, it's very misleading (to the GP at least) and it's a really cheap way for the park to falsely raise their coaster count.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will continue on living our lives.

Seriously, no one should care about this.

Aside from the Larson loop, to make sure im not going crazy, did anyone else hear from NoCoasterCon that KK was announcing their 2018/2019 plans THIS SPRING!? If they are (which it was reported by the park at NoCoasterCon), I think we could see a new coaster and a shit ton more.

Or they could pull a universal and announce a motel

Looking forward to the announcements! Also had a chance to spot Eye of the Storm from the highway as expected. It's still quite intriguing to see KK go with these simple solid color visuals for their rides, but that might have been from Six Flags almost setting a standard with their loopers.

From their instagram:

15802807_1858637971079091_6875575477856108544_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQyMTIyNjc0NTg2NDAxMzg4Nw%3D%3D.2

"kentuckykingdom: Eye of the (snow) Storm #FirstSnow"

Aside from the Larson loop, to make sure im not going crazy, did anyone else hear from NoCoasterCon that KK was announcing their 2018/2019 plans THIS SPRING!? If they are (which it was reported by the park at NoCoasterCon), I think we could see a new coaster and a poo-poo ton more.

A new coaster for either 2018 or '19 has been rumored for awhile now, so you may be on to something. Hart himself has said in the past that he'd like to have another B&M Coaster (even trying like hell to get Time Machine), and has recently said he's been talking to RMC for a new coaster of some form. Put those two ideas together, and I still think we may see a T-Rex coaster at the Kingdom in the near future.

^

Really what a beautiful looking roller coaster Kentucky Kingdom has installed. I bet the serious roller coaster enthusiasts will have so much fun on this shiny new roller coaster.

Cry about it.

I wonder if it has a rattle?

Doubtful. These 360 loop coasters are some of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. It's great to see Larson breaking in to the coaster market. If these innovative rides are any indication of what they can do then I fully expect them to become a household name in the coaster market, right up there with Intamin, B&M and RMC.

I wonder if it has a rattle?

Doubtful. These 360 loop coasters are some of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. It's great to see Larson breaking in to the coaster market. If these innovative rides are any indication of what they can do then I fully expect them to become a household name in the coaster market, right up there with Intamin, B&M and RMC.

This is golden! Please make this your replacement for razzing people about Mean Streak!

Aside from the Larson loop, to make sure im not going crazy, did anyone else hear from NoCoasterCon that KK was announcing their 2018/2019 plans THIS SPRING!? If they are (which it was reported by the park at NoCoasterCon), I think we could see a new coaster and a poo-poo ton more.

I hope so!

If they're announcing in the spring, it means they're building something that's going to take more than just an off season to build, and is big enough that they can't really hide it from the public while it's being constructed. That's not just indicative of a new coaster, but a new sizable coaster of some form.

I like how Eye of the Storm is in the ground. Six Flags installed only of few of theirs in the ground and those look a lot better. El Diablo and Fireball at SFSTL look tacky sitting above ground with a wooden loading deck.

I wonder why they didn't remove or fill in the Dragster strip? My bet is they are going to reuse the shed for storage, but i wish it would goo too. I really hope they use as much as they can of the remaining strip because their is still a ton of space. Just having one or two flats on such prime land would be wasteful IMO.

If they're announcing in the spring, it means they're building something that's going to take more than just an off season to build, and is big enough that they can't really hide it from the public while it's being constructed. That's not just indicative of a new coaster, but a new sizable coaster of some form.

Speculation on multiple coaster sites/Youtube channels of RMC T-Rex or B&M Hyper. KK has been known to be looking into getting a new coaster. KK will have a pretty nice run of coasters 2014 Hyper GTX, 2016 Storm Chaser, plus a new one in 2018/19

The second year announcement has gathered various speculations.

1)Massive water park expansion, though they did one in 2014.

2)Zamperla flat ride showcase with Zamperla Endeavor, Hawk, etc. KK has a bunch of Zamperla rides in their kids area so they have a good relationship.

3)Huss ride showcase deal with a 2nd gen Enterprise to replace the older one they have, along with new Huss rides...Huss is yet to install a 2nd gen Enterprise though it looks cool with the multi positions programming capability.

4) Getting one of the new rides from IAAPA 2016 and the manufacturer wants hype of their new ride so gave KK a deal to on the price .ie,,, Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster with a discounted price that would allow back to back coaster years financially possible