TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I love the name for the Super Loop. I know enthusiasts are over these rides since they are so common now, but they really are fun rides and crowd pleasers.

I'm mostly excited for the new trains and work on Thunder Run. Also, the general improvements to assist park capacity management sound great! It seems boring, but that will really help improve the park. That is something I wish a few Six Flags parks would announce.

Kentucky Kingdom, just commented on FB, that there will be 2 New Trains for Thunder Run.

they fixed it its only 1 train.

The problem with this addition is that a super loop has been coming to the park with the Kentucky State Fair for at least the past 20 years. I wish they had gone with something else, but ah well.

do you know if the Larson loop that came to the KSF was the 73 feet(22 m) version or the 59 ft. (18 m) version?

Edited by lbeeler

With its advanced technology, the new train, together with the track improvements, will give coaster enthusiasts a smoother and faster ride."

So the GP will have a rough ride?

A Larson Loop isn't exciting to me, but all of the park improvements sound great. My boyfriend just moved to Louisville, so I definitely plan to get a season pass and ride the sh*t out of Storm Chaser this summer. I thought the park was great when I visited it this year, so I'm glad they're continuing to improve it even more!

With Storm Chaser and Lightning Run as well as several amazing flats, there is still plenty to bring me back to the park even without a Zacspin or second RMC.

I think the additional costs of reworking the electrical components (all new sensors, brakes, etc) might outweigh the benefit of an additional 200 or so riders/hour, but I'd be interested to see some sort of analysis on that for sure.

Also that with no transfer track, any work on the train had to be done in the station with the ride closed down. Maybe it will save time and money in the long term. It's also really nice to see them investing money in keeping the rides in the best possible working order, something the old kingdom definitely did not do.

I'm just happy they aren't marketing the super loop as a coaster

I'm pleased with these additions. With 2017 being an off year they sure are doing a lot to improve the park. Small things like more ticket booths and extra shade can really make a day at the park more enjoyable. As for the super loop I am actually excited. I think the hang time at the top make these things awesome and the ride will improve their already solid collection of flats.

They're fine additions for an "off year", as it was described. I just would've preferred a Zacspin to a Super Loop. Nothing wrong with the loop though. Hopefully it does well. It's still exciting that they're investing so heavily in the park. There's not been a year since it's reopened that they've not added something new and cool.

This addition looks great! I think it will be a hit with the GP and will bring the number of inverting flat rides to 3, which is pretty impressive for a small park. Also the improvements sound like they will really improve guest experience. Also, the 2017 operating calendar was posted online. Still no long-awaited halloween event. Oh well, maybe next year. Also it appears as if they will only be open weekends during the state fair next year, so be careful if you are planning a KK trip in August. This park is a great community asset for the city of Louisville and it is very well received. All of these new additions and the new direction the park is heading in are more than worth not having your home park for four summers!

Saw on Coaster Force that Ed Hart, the CEO, has said that they've spent an extra $10 million dollars during their first development plan, over the past 3 years, than they said they would!

So whilst a Larson Loop is a bit "meh", it's understandable given the money they've spent, and committed to spending in the future.

They're starting a second 3 year development plan to bring the number of visitors up to 1 million, from 600,000 this year.

I love this park. It's small, but they pack so much in that it feels like a full sized park, just with less walking. The building stage is over, and they're going to proceed a little more slowly now, but it's good enough now that I wouldn't mind going back with nothing new at all. I tried out a Larson Super Loop (Brain Drain at Frontier City), and I wasn't all that impressed. So if I do get to go back (that was the original intention, but I'm concerned about the economy, so we may take it easy next year), it'll pretty much be like there's nothing new. And that's perfectly fine with me.