TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

So, are you guys excited for the mysterious future RMC coaster? What do you think about it?

Well, at first I thought it'd be something using the Raptor track, perhaps it's "standard configuration"...but then, I thought back on his previous expressed desires of having another B&M coaster (he tried buying Time Machine) for the park so now I'm thinking it may be something utilizing the T-Rex track. Either way, and all steel RMC is what I'm expecting.

Too be honest, it's a tough pick, but I would choose Storm Chaser. Even though Lightning Run had great airtime, Storm Chaser had the most INTENSE airtime. That first hill had me like . . . "Sweet Mercy! Let me hold on!" LOL. Both are great coasters and I would advise anyone to get those coaster credits. It's well worth it!

that first hill itself makes me want to get there to ride. only been there once when Chang was brand new. lol

I can't think of a worse b&m than Chang!

And now we're saddled with it here in NJ.

Chang was a lot of fun. I don't know what happened during the move but Green Lantern is just unbearable. Too bad, because I love the layout. It needs to go floorless or just standard sit down even.

Can anyone give me insight on what the lines are like on weekends and July 4th weekend in particular? As far as I know this park doesn't have any kind of fast pass and I'm just curious what the lines would be like. I've heard people say it can get very busy.

I heard that he said it was going to be "fabulous"

"Fabulous" makes me think family coaster. Which isn't a bad thing. I wouldn't be surprised if this coaster is planned for the old dragster pad.

"Fabulous" makes me think family coaster. Which isn't a bad thing. I wouldn't be surprised if this coaster is planned for the old dragster pad.

Sorry but how do you make that conclusion? Ed Hart is an interesting character. I've watched several interviews of him because I'm a nerd and I could totally see him using a word like "fabulous" to describe almost any decent roller coaster. Don't ask why because I have basically no way to prove that but he's just got strong New Yoker/New Jersey vibes going, like the type of person that says "wonderful" in every third sentence.

Basically I wouldn't rule out any coaster type at this point. It's late so don't question my likely flawed logic, lol.

Sorry but how do you make that conclusion? Ed Hart is an interesting character. I've watched several interviews of him because I'm a nerd and I could totally see him using a word like "fabulous" to describe almost any decent roller coaster. Don't ask why because I have basically no way to prove that but he's just got strong New Yoker/New Jersey vibes going, like the type of person that says "wonderful" in every third sentence.

Basically I wouldn't rule out any coaster type at this point. It's late so don't question my likely flawed logic, lol.

I personally just don't see "fabulous" as an adjective for a big, high thrill coaster. I could be very wrong though.

Question...

Is going to Kentucky Kingdom on July 4th weekend a bad idea?

I'm trying to go somewhere for the holiday and I don't want to go to KK if it'll be 2 hour lines for the major attractions. Insight please.

Haven't been since the Six Flags days and I've heard conflicting reports about the "New Kentucky Kingdom"

I personally just don't see "fabulous" as an adjective for a big, high thrill coaster. I could be very wrong though.

True, the maximum height he can build in Dragsters spot is 100 ft. That is why the Sky Catcher is in a odd spot, that is in the area where they can build over 100 ft. Basically a small strip running from the Drop Ride, Giant Wheel and Sky Catcher is the only area they can build over 100 feet.

Question...

Is going to Kentucky Kingdom on July 4th weekend a bad idea?

I'm trying to go somewhere for the holiday and I don't want to go to KK if it'll be 2 hour lines for the major attractions. Insight please.

Haven't been since the Six Flags days and I've heard conflicting reports about the "New Kentucky Kingdom"

Saturdays can get BUSY, but not 2 hours busy, Sunday would be your best bet. Hope this helps

He's mentioned talking with RMC about a new coaster and has, in the past, expressed interest in a new B&M coaster...I suspect it may be something with the T-Rex track. I didn't necessarily take his "fabulous" comment to mean a new family coaster, but it's indicative (IMO) of him already knowing the layout and general design of the new coaster. It also hints that it'll be happening sooner rather than later.

In year's past, when he first ran the park, it only ever had the one family coaster. I'm not sure that'll change this go around.

For you regulars I have 2 questions:

1) I am going to the park for the first time since last year on Friday July 22nd. What will the wait times be like for the 4 coasters and will they likely be running 2 trains on everything (besides Thunder Run of course)

2) Has Storm Chaser been reliable so far? That's a lot of the reason we are coming to KK so it would sure be a bummer if it was down the whole day. I guess all the Lightning Rod has me a little freaked out about the reliability of RMCs.

Thanks in advance for your help!