TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Not sure, but I came to the coaster Friday afternoon (pre-Holiwood Nights) to see that the purple train had to do an e-vac. The coaster wasn't open the rest of the time I was at the park. I'm not seeing it listed as being down on the website now.

2S8A6716(Edited)(800x).jpg.819ae49b63b4cf621f0ea97927c99eb0.jpg

2S8A6718(Edited)(800x).jpg.93d63f5f0180d96d26fb4e120017401b.jpg

Final tally from today on Storm Chaser: 20 rides, from virtually every seat on the train, both colors! I loved it! My first RMC, and my new #5 coaster! It's a very interesting coaster... It is more intense in the front than the back (marginally), and row 1-2 (particularly on the faster blue train) is THE new ejector seat, putting Magnum's 1-3 in its place! There is major hang time on the drop, and through the inversions, in the front, and you whip through those elements with speed in the back. The coaster it actually reminds me of the most, is Maverick. Wild, and twisty, from start, to finish! Kentucky Kingdom had a real winner on their hands here, and RMC is everything I've heard them to be!

I got seven spins on Lightning Run (also my first times), and while it was a good little coaster, I actually found it a little uncomfortable, more so than Storm Chaser. Seven rides were about all my thighs could handle (especially after 20 spins on the similarly thigh crushing SC!)

As for Thunder Run, and especially T3... *shudder* Still, on the whole, KK is a nice little park, with a good looking water park, and a lot of flats, and kid attractions! I will definitely return in the future!

I actually found T3 to be a lot less rough than Mind Eraser at SFNE.

Then Mind Eraser must be hell incarnate, because T3 made Thunderhawk look like a stroll in the park! (Except, without any actual head banging - just constant shaking!)

So, I plan on taking my first visit to the park on Jun.18. And possibly that day before on Jun.17 since I'll be taking advantage of the "Out-of-State" special that's going on. *Next day free. Plus, you get free drinks! Who would pass that up?!* I'm already aware this park doesn't offer any type of fast pass service, so I'm willing to wait in line since I'm spending ALL DAY. Do anyone know how crowds usually be on Saturdays in June, or the day before Father's Day? I would think less crowds if they're going to offer "free admission" to fathers on the Jun.19. But then again, it could be the opposite.

Visited KK on Friday before HWN. I was blown away by the back seat ride on Storm Chaser...that is until I rode the front seat. AMAZING. I'm usually a back seat type because I LOVE airtime, but the money seat for airtime on SC is the front for me. STELLAR!!! Also, don't be fooled, this ride hauls azz all the way to the brake run.

There was a recent POV video posted on youtube that shows how it rides. I don't think I've ever seen such a noticeable difference on a coaster from when it first opened to a few months in. I guess it did really just need to "break in."

Visited KK on Friday before HWN. I was blown away by the back seat ride on Storm Chaser...that is until I rode the front seat. AMAZING. I'm usually a back seat type because I LOVE airtime, but the money seat for airtime on SC is the front for me. STELLAR!!! Also, don't be fooled, this ride hauls azz all the way to the brake run.

It is very true that the front features more ejector air than the back. But the second seat (back of the first car on the train) is the true "ejector seat" on the coaster, as you're getting launched out of your seat violently the entire time! I prefer the front, for a little less aggressive, but still very aggressive and airtime filled ride!

It is very true that the front features more ejector air than the back. But the second seat (back of the first car on the train) is the true "ejector seat" on the coaster, as you're getting launched out of your seat violently the entire time! I prefer the front, for a little less aggressive, but still very aggressive and airtime filled ride!

It's kinda funny because everybody forgets that seat. Most of the seats where a 3 train wait and we walked straight on in the 2 row!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darn, now I'm wishing I did take row 2....Oh well, that's what I have a season pass for, I'll hopefully try it out this weekend. Now that I'm not at work I can post that video for those who've yet to ride Storm Chaser in it's Sprummer glory, no more crawling into the brake run anymore!

Darn, now I'm wishing I did take row 2....Oh well, that's what I have a season pass for, I'll hopefully try it out this weekend. Now that I'm not at work I can post that video for those who've yet to ride Storm Chaser in it's Sprummer glory, no more crawling into the brake run anymore!