TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Are the restraints on Lightning Run similar to Twisted Colossus/Goliath at SFGAm?

They are similar to RMCs, although I thought Storm Chaser's were more comfortable.

I'd like to see them add some nice flat rides such as a Scrambler, Tilt-a-Whirl, Wave-swinger, Paratrooper, etc. I'm a sucker for the classic flat rides.

I agree, they need to focus on adding more flats, especially on the waterpark side. Back by storm chaser and the old drag racers would be good spots for some flats.

I'd like to see them add some nice flat rides such as a Scrambler, Tilt-a-Whirl, Wave-swinger, Paratrooper, etc. I'm a sucker for the classic flat rides.

Oh wow, I didn't even know they don't already have a scrambler!

The Breakdance isn't a scrambler??

^ K, well, you sure are a happy little ding dong, aren't you? Tell you what. We're gonna continue talking about fun stuff and you can go continue to exist in your happy little clamshell where scramblers aren't fun.

I'm just trying to understand this, honestly...

A ride that literally does the same thing as another ride isn't the same type of ride because both are done utilizing different mechanisms? Isn't that kind of like saying Top Thrill Dragster isn't a roller coaster because it has a different track than a B&M? I'm confused here...

I'm just trying to understand this, honestly...

A ride that literally does the same thing as another ride isn't the same type of ride because both are done utilizing different mechanisms? Isn't that kind of like saying Top Thrill Dragster isn't a roller coaster because it has a different track than a B&M? I'm confused here...

With a breakdance ride, the cars are attached to the arms with a hinge or pivot mechanism so they swing or spin as the arms rotate. With a scrambler ride, the cars are fixed to the arms so they can't move separately from the arms. That makes the two rides give completely different experiences.

I think most people that go to the park would consider Breakdance a scrambler, thus not necessitating the need for another. Now, whether that fits some technical definition of message board posters who're more passionate about such things than the average bear...I don't know.

^ Except they wouldn't because they're wildly different ride experiences. Put them side by side and nobody would say they're similar at all. Stop trying to be right and just accept it.

Obviously, you guys care way more about this poo-poo than I do.
Now, whether that fits some technical definition of message board posters who're more passionate about such things than the average bear...I don't know.

I mean, so far you've made 8 posts to this website, and 6 of them argue "Breakdancers are essentially Scramblers."

Welcome to the forums?

-Midgetman "but really, can we not argue about this...?" 82

I think most people that go to the park would consider Breakdance a scrambler, thus not necessitating the need for another. Now, whether that fits some technical definition of message board posters who're more passionate about such things than the average bear...I don't know.

Simply put, I can ride a Scrambler, but stay away from a Breakdance since it'd likely make me sick. I think a Breakdance's ride would be more like Spider/Monster than a Scrambler.

I can confirm whole-hardheartedly a Breakdance is vastly different from a scrambler. The key differences, as one pointed out earlier, are the motions experienced due to how the cars are attached. Breakdance rides also can have much more variety in ride programs, some of the weakest of which are on par with a Scrambler, so I can somewhat forgive people for mistaking one for a scrambler.

Unfortunately, that can be quite a mistake, as my mother roughly ten years ago took a ride with me on the Breakdance, becoming extremely nauseated when the ride went in reverse/backwards and ended up with a horrible case of vertigo the day after. Thankfully she came out of it relatively A-OK, but it makes it more difficult for her to tag along to parks when she can't end up riding a majority of the rides.

I once went to a park that had a scrambler and a break dance side by side. I rode the scrambler first and found it incredibly pleasurable. I rode the break dance and it snapped my shoulder out of place. I also started bleeding from the ears and it gave me ADHD along with a slight amount of blood in my urine. Someone who says both rides are similar might as well be hanged.

I once went to a park that had a scrambler and a break dance side by side. I rode the scrambler first and found it incredibly pleasurable. I rode the break dance and it snapped my shoulder out of place. I also started bleeding from the ears and it gave me ADHD along with a slight amount of blood in my urine. Someone who says both rides are similar might as well be hanged.

Where I'm from, people pay extra for that kinda treatment.