TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Love the Derby idea. But it should be a horse racing coaster like the one at Blackpool.

They also need to serve really cheap beer next to this ride, like I have heard they do at the track. Win-Win

They also need to serve really cheap beer next to this ride, like I have heard they do at the track. Win-Win

You've clearly never been to the Derby, I mean they do sell cheap beer "next to the track" as in a guy slangin tall boys out of a cooler from the trunk of his car, but but as far as cheap beer inside the track.....yeah no.

^ I don't know. Opening weekend they closed the park 2 hours early due to a light rain.

On another note, does anyone know if someone 6'6 and thin could fit into Storm Chaser and Lightning Run?

My brother is interested in getting a season pass but doesn't want to waste his money if he can't ride those coasters.

Sunday of opening weekend had a pretty heavy downpour and a near-miss storm. Not so sure about that Saturday... Or why it would close rides today with only light rain.

I've had a 6'6" friend ride with me on Lightning Run before no problem, and both coasters don't have max height requirements. It might not be the most comfortable for their legs, but I'm betting he'll fit fine. T3 has a 78" max height requirement, which he might have trouble on.

I can't imagine why any park would shut down everything over light rain. Hopefully people voice their displeasure over that and the park takes note and realizes most other parks don't do that and they shouldn't either. If they really shut down over slight rain that makes me nervous for my trip.

Well, the only things not open today in the rain were the roller coasters, except Thunder Run, and the ferris wheel. I thought they did a nice job quickly opening everything after rain had stopped.

Everything was basically walk on today. NRA convention at the fairgrounds made the parking lots packed but hardly anyone was there at KK besides my band, another school, and a few guests. There were maybe 10 cars in the lot when the convention let out.

Due to being a responsible teacher, I didn't get as many rides in as I would normally like but still got:

Storm Chaser x7

Lightning Run x3

Thunder Run x1 thought it was in great shape too!

Skycatcher x1

Fear fall x2

Enterprise x1

Break dance x1

Ferris wheel x1

Roller skater x1

Tin lizzies x1

Flyers x1

Angry birds 5d x1

Great day at the park, even with some rain for an hour or so. And njcoasterguy, I think I was talking with you in the pavilion by the ferris wheel. Didn't realize that till now,hope you enjoyed your day when the sun finally came out.

Edit: also, the ending of storm chaser was much quicker than a few weeks ago. Actually had some crazy air going into the break run.

Everything was basically walk on today. NRA convention at the fairgrounds made the parking lots packed but hardly anyone was there at KK besides my band, another school, and a few guests. There were maybe 10 cars in the lot when the convention let out.

A full parking lot for an NRA convention in Kentucky, never thought I'd see the day.....

^You are being sarcastic, right? You should check out the Louisville history museum sometime, it's approximately 80% firearms. Not even exaggerating.

That's because it was originally an arms museum...

Oh, uh...hi gang! Newbie to the board. I've been lurking around here for quite some time (before Lightning Run was built and announced). Finally decided to join in on the conversation some. I started reading these boards looking for news about the park re-opening and trying to get tidbits on what types of new rides might be coming when it did, what type of new coaster the park was going to get, ect...and....yeah, finally decided to just register and join in instead of lurking.

A full parking lot for an NRA convention in Kentucky, never thought I'd see the day.....

I know, right?...

Although it is strange walking to the entrance with your students while people walk around with guns strapped to their hip. You never know which parent is going to get offended and pitch a fit.

^You are being sarcastic, right? You should check out the Louisville history museum sometime, it's approximately 80% firearms. Not even exaggerating.

I actually guessed that about halfway through, glad to know I was right. That was a weird day.

I actually guessed that about halfway through, glad to know I was right. That was a weird day.

Yup, it was originally the Frazier Arms Museum but about a couple of years ago now it went into being a more general history museum because arms alone weren't drawing enough...not that it excessively matters, seeing as it's all a private collection of a man who's not hurting for money.

(btw, I'm from Louisville)

You've clearly never been to the Derby, I mean they do sell cheap beer "next to the track" as in a guy slangin tall boys out of a cooler from the trunk of his car, but but as far as cheap beer inside the track.....yeah no.

You clearly need to lighten up. All I know is that our local track sells very cheap beer. I've never been to our track, I'll never go to the derby, and I really don't care... but thanks for that super important lesson.

Park opens an hour earlier on Saturdays starting this upcoming Saturday.

You asked for it, we listened! We're updating our hours! We're opening at 10 a.m. on Saturday beginning Memorial Weekend! For more information, please visit our operating calendar!

https://www.kentuckykingdom.com/experience/hours/

Source

Park runs until 9pm on Saturdays for a total of 11 hours, compared to their 9 hours on Fridays and Sundays (11am-8pm) and 7 hour weekdays (11am-7pm).

I'd like to see them add some nice flat rides such as a Scrambler, Tilt-a-Whirl, Wave-swinger, Paratrooper, etc. I'm a sucker for the classic flat rides.

Oh wow, I didn't even know they don't already have a scrambler!

I wonder what KK has up its sleeves for 2017. They really are off to an awesome reopening!

2016 season's just started, but I'm with you! I can't wait to see what the future of this park is. I know Ed's mentioned wanting a new B&M of some form, and he mentioned in the Coaster Force interview that he's talking with RMC about a new coaster (which I hope ISN'T one of their new deals, but I suspect it is). Plus there's plenty of flat rides they could add and things they could do with the water park to strengthen it as well.