TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

How long do the lines get on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? We will be coming from Kansas mid July and were wondering what the lines will be like.

The lines depend on mostly the weather. If the weather is nice, the lines will be longer in general because most people who go from nearby have season passes and choose to go when the weather is nice. If it is too hot, the water park, will of course, be decently crowded. This being said, the park, for the most part, has short line times beside lightning run and probably Storm Chaser when it opens. I would recommend going to the coasters first thing when you arrive and then go through everything else. Most of the flat rides never have over a 15-minute wait so none should be an issue at any time throughout the day. Another good idea is to ride the dry rides in the middle of the day when everyone is at the water park. The water park closes early so most try to get it done then come back to finish the dry area afterwards.

This is awesome coming from Irvine Ondrey Engineering who setup Lightning Run two years ago.

12919863_1144138852276802_7533694772213118953_n.jpg.4fc6253deb05240132b285195c4ab0ab.jpg

I'm just going to get right to the point on this one: STORM. CHASER. IS. AWESOME. Despite us freezing our faces off riding last night and Brian sitting like this in the train for five minutes before he could move again, test riding while doing all our braking and lift engagement work last night was addictive. Like I mentioned in the last post, we hit the highest speeds yet last night *despite it being so cold* so let's all just think about a broken in, fully loaded, seasoned train on one of those summer nights when all the coaster are hauling. Booking your trip yet? I told you guys early on that Lightning Run was incredible and I'm telling you again, this is another smash hit in the making, the true dark horse of 2016. You want ejector airtime? Oh, you got it. Hold onto your loose articles, and butts, too, because Storm Chaser brings it bigtime. -Anne

Great, now I have to try and figure out how to shoehorn Kentucky Kingdom into my travel plans for this year. My wallet is crying tears of emptiness right now.

Yeah I had decided against a large trip this summer that included Kentucky Kingdom and Dollywood. Might need to figure out how to fit that trip back into my wallet for this year now...