TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

No that's how the coaster is, its not sped up, the voices you hear at the end are women's voices. The women's voice you hear in the background along with the cheering when the train is coming into the station is probably Annie from Irvine Ondrey Engineering.

Please keep in mind, this was the first test run, I'm sure there will be some tweaks here and there.

I'm sure of those tweaks too, and I'm sure there'll be more footage of the coaster running to eventually see. Regarding the coaster, it does seem to trail a bit near the end, which would justify why they made the turn before the brakes flat.

I'm doubting this video's legitimacy. I don't know any human that sounds like those two individuals talking at the end of the video. Unless it was Chip and Dale, and they're not human, heck, they're not even real chipmunks. Also, those construction dudes were walking around very fast. Not running, walking. Speed walkers don't walk that fast. Sounded like the dude said his name was Monty Time. Even the cheering at the end of it's run was a bit hi pitched.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not blasting the ride at all. It looks awesome! I'm just saying the video just doesn't look and feel right.

I'm also starting to think that this thing doesn't have a launch either. I don't think those are LIMs all the way up the lift hill. In fact, it looks more like a standard chain lift. Which begs the question, why is their chain lift so much faster than Lightning Rods? If it is in fact a chain lift, why did RMC go with a different supplier at Dollywood? This one seems to work great. I'll bet these chain guys are probably heading over to Pigeon Forge tomorrow to start fixing that one, now that this one is complete. Hopefully it won't take them too long.

Still blows my mind how the train manages to miss all those bolts on the track.

Gonna have to wait to see another video of it testing, I hope after the Corked Roll it goes into them airtime hills with some good speed seeing as it looked slow towards the end.

I'm sure a full train and some weeks of running can fix that, easy!

I'm doubting this video's legitimacy. I don't know any human that sounds like those two individuals talking at the end of the video. Unless it was Chip and Dale, and they're not human, heck, they're not even real chipmunks. Also, those construction dudes were walking around very fast. Not running, walking. Speed walkers don't walk that fast. Sounded like the dude said his name was Monty Time. Even the cheering at the end of it's run was a bit hi pitched.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not blasting the ride at all. It looks awesome! I'm just saying the video just doesn't look and feel right.

I'm also starting to think that this thing doesn't have a launch either. I don't think those are LIMs all the way up the lift hill. In fact, it looks more like a standard chain lift. Which begs the question, why is their chain lift so much faster than Lightning Rods? If it is in fact a chain lift, why did RMC go with a different supplier at Dollywood? This one seems to work great. I'll bet these chain guys are probably heading over to Pigeon Forge tomorrow to start fixing that one, now that this one is complete. Hopefully it won't take them too long.

Agreed. The video is sped up a bit. Look at the guys walking around, they are more than speed walking lol. Also, unless it was recorded by little people, those aren't normal sounding voices.

The ride still looks amazing.

So it was sped up. You can hear their voices at the end and they sound like chipmunks.

Still pissed their launch works better. Did they use a different company than Dollywood hired for theirs?

Also Storm doesn't have a launch. You see that big hill in the background? Lift hill.

And Dollywood didn't hire the launcher company, RMC, did

I already told you this is NOT a launched coaster. Lightning Rod at Dollywood is the first launched RMC coaster. This coaster's lift is way slower than Lightning Rod because this is a chain lift and Dollywood is an LSM. That is why they didn't choose a chain lift for Dollywood.

Also I hope you're joking but just in case the wheels ride in the center of the top track, not along the edge. That's how it misses all the bolts.

I already told you this is NOT a launched coaster. Lightning Rod at Dollywood is the first launched RMC coaster. This coaster's lift is way slower than Lightning Rod because this is a chain lift and Dollywood is an LSM. That is why they didn't choose a chain lift for Dollywood.

Also I hope you're joking but just in case the wheels ride in the center of the top track, not along the edge. That's how it misses all the bolts.

lol Guy

I am seriously dying of laughter right now.

You clearly haven't read any of Guy's other posts and don't know his amazing sense of humor.

I am seriously dying of laughter right now.

You clearly haven't read any of Guy's other posts and don't know his amazing sense of humor.

I'm starting to think the guy is caricature and purposely being a dunce. Now I feel like an ass myself.

That certainly looks more accurate. But after this ride breaks in, I wouldn't be surprised if it runs at the previous video's speed. The other small RMCs (Medusa, Wicked Cyclone) totally haul a$$, so I don't see why Storm Chaser would be any different.

Props to Kentucky Kingdom and RMC, this thing is looking GREAT!

Yeah! That's more like it! Wow! it kinda crawls into the final break run.

But this is a first test run. No water dummies, still kinda cold weather. Probably with the LIMs set to half power. I would expect it to run somewhere closer to the first video (minus the chipmunks) after it breaks in and they fire up those LIMs to full capacity.

Pretty certain the bolts on the track are slowing it down too. As soon as those wear down, this thing is gonna haul A$$!