TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

so its official the design has changed (not a big deal) pictures coming soon......

Disappointing, but maybe it's true that they decided the ride will have lost too much speed by that point. I wouldn't want them to build an element if they didn't think it would deliver.

the new element is very impressive I will say.

so its official the design has changed (not a big deal) pictures coming soon......

Disappointing, but maybe it's true that they decided the ride will have lost too much speed by that point. I wouldn't want them to build an element if they didn't think it would deliver.

Do you happen to know what the element is or have pictures to share?

Would love to see!

Do you happen to know what the element is or have pictures to share?

Would love to see!

overbanked helix. I did have pictures but they didn't turn out great so I didn't post them.

Yeah, I drove by on the way to work yesterday and I was surprised with how cool it looked. Pictures don't really do justice to how tight and banked that thing is.

Its going from a huge banking helix straight to a flat turn at roughly the same height?

there's a drop after the helix.

I realize that, I mean that it seems like it's heading into that flat turn pretty fast.

I drove by Storm Chaser this morning to see how things were going in person, and got really happy when I saw that the coaster had one or two pieces of track left if it weren't already done. I didn't want to take too long taking these pictures since I was driving my roommate's car, but here's what I've got.

image.thumb.jpeg.bdd7a20c97f6b031b0c8fac7bb257da0.jpeg

Hopefully testing will start soon!

image.thumb.jpeg.54e7e03270ba154ee2b07b6be2aac085.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.723e7ec6c7daa9e177cc0c9826d2989b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3071a5c3adb40cc8e51ada6f9cb200bc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.11297cc6bba5b19a6e87de095c10213b.jpeg

oh man I'm even excited about Storm Chaser and I don't have any plans to visit Kentucky Kingdom this year. Isn't that a mule kick to the head or what?

From reading the last ten pages of posts in which some have complained that the coaster looks "ugly", of course it may look ugly, but this coaster is still under construction and the structure and everything around it looks all torn up. This is true to all manners of constructions. But after the building has been completed, the landscaping done, and all the paint's dry, this area is going to be beautiful - so beautiful in fact you can look at it in awe and get high - even though you didn't take anything.

As for the next construction project, I believe the park should install another walkway and place it around the Roller Skater and connect it to the 5-D theater. It was two years since the last time I was there, so I don't know if this is practical or not, but another walkway would make perfect sense.

STORM CHASER - ARE YOU CHASING IT OR IS IT CHASING YOU?

Maybe I'm looking at the picture of the transfer table funny but I'm not really understanding how it works with the transfer being in front of station instead of behind like usual....?

I've tried to figure it out also lol.

It just means they send the train around empty when they transfer it on. Thunderhawk at Dorney Park is like that.

It looks to me like it's a full transfer table, so there's no reason why they can't transfer a train over then back it into the station while holding the other train on the final brakes.

Granted, I've never seen a coaster transfer a new train onto the tracks and not test it immediately, so it'd likely get sent around empty regardless. But this way they can put the restraints down before they do so to make sure they're working fine.