TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I wonder if they went with inversions on this to separate it from being too similar lightning run?

Could be. Could also be that Ed Hart looked at Medusa's first drop and went "That's the coolest f*cking thing I've ever seen, I'm putting that in my park."

I wonder if they went with inversions on this to separate it from being too similar lightning run?

Could be. Could also be that Ed Hart looked at Medusa's first drop and went "That's the coolest f*cking thing I've ever seen, I'm putting that in my park."

Sounds pretty accurate!

I'm just so happy for Kentucky Kingdom. It looked like we might not ever see the park operate again and now they will have two of the best coasters in America along with a full head of steam in the amusement park world. I for one will make the trip this year and I know the addition of Storm Chaser will draw many more from around the country to Kentucky!

#KentuckyKingdomrocks!

No more outside banked turn like it had in the animation? I'm confused.

What outside bank are you referring to? There was no outside bank in the section shown in the 4 pictures posted above, from what I've seen.

I'm assuming they were referring to the outside banked turn shown in the animation:

thumb_storm-chaser-tipoutspiralend.png

But there is no outside banked turn:

thumb_fb_img_1457793525142.jpg

I'm excited to see a hi G helix of death by them. This looks yummy!

Agreed!! This is going to be awesome!

The Helix looks like it will be great, but the outward banked turn would have provided another moment of airtime. But either way, I'm excited to ride Storm Chaser some day!

you don't think it might still pop up on that next piece of track? looks like there still might be room, and without the ledgers placed yet, hard to say yes or no.

you don't think it might still pop up on that next piece of track?

like a mushroom?!

it's pretty clear looking at the rendering versus the track - the rendering showed about a 90 degree flat curve before the hill, and we already see almost 180 degrees of flat turn. It looks like the design has slightly changed which is typical of RMCs.

Ya'll are going to feel pretty silly when the next set of pictures come and there's the outward banked turn.

True Story. I didn't even think of that till you mentioned it, but the outward banked turn might still be there, they just haven't built up to it yet.

I'm mixed... when thinking about the outward banks that are more like 45 degrees instead of 90... the ones on Twisted Colossus don't do anything for me, but the first one on Wicked Cyclone is really intense and cool. But then the second one is wimpy because the ride is so slow by then.

We can see they added more flattish banked turn track in the last update so I'm starting to wonder if they left it out entirely, maybe after seeing how slow WC was at that point of the ride??