TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I don't know what to think of Joker's layout. Isn't it changing from the renderings? Hard to say how that one will ride. Storm Chaser has a simple layout, every element looks incredible and is spaced evenly apart in a very ordered way. It appeals to my OCD side.

I agree that this layout is one of the more 'straight-forward'. But the double up / double down bunny hop run towards the end looks really, really great.

I also agree that this is far and away the least aesthetically pleasing of all the RMCs, and there's absolutely no help from the terrain. To me, that's somewhat of a turn off. Doesn't mean it won't ride really well, but I certainly appreciate a coaster that looks really good.

^You don't understand the mind of a 14 year old. At his wise old age, he has ridden every coaster that has ever been thought of in the next half century, commented and ranked them. The actual physical process of riding the coaster, be it built or just a pipe dream doesn't matter. His ranking is final and we should not judge him. He has already lived his life to the fullest, and should just dig a 6 foot deep hole in the earth, put up a tombstone about how awesomesauce and better than everyone else he was, climb in to a casket and lay at the bottom of said gravesite and listen to the miles long line of people that will surely gather to fuss, fawn and lament over him.

Guy "Fu@k!ng teenagers! " Koepp

You keep insulting teenagers but keep in mind that people like Coaster Studios or even the guy that created All american thrills are both teenagers. You shoudn't judge a person based on a comment he made online. Yes there are some dumb teenagers but there are also some very stupid adults in this world like Trump. You just can't stereotype a certain group of people.

Calling any of the political candidates dumb is extremely narrow minded and ignorant. Not only that, but the rest of the internet is loaded with political name calling and propaganda. I think we can all agree that you need to take that garbage somewhere else. If you want to talk politics or take jabs at political stances then it would be a lot more appropriate to create your own thread.

Now, back to Kentucky Kingdom.

And you don't think calling all kids dumb is ignorant and narrow minded?

I don't think all kids are dumb, but thanks for putting words in my mouth? Quit polluting the Kentucky Kingdom thread with your argumentative garbage. No one wants to hear it.

So again... back to Kentucky Kingdom.

I never really thought storm chaser was that ugly, it doesn't look astounding but I think it looks fine. I have a feeling this coaster will end up like thunderbird, it'll be great while it lasts but will leave me craving for more out of its short duration.

I think all the RMC conversions have a certain ugly/pretty aesthetic, pretty in an industrial sort of way but yes also kind of ugly. Kind of like old factory buildings.

Right now Storm Chaser is sitting in a mostly empty plot of land (because, hate to point out the obvious, but there used to be a roller coaster sitting next to it that is no longer there), but all it would take is some trees and landscaping and I'd really like how it looks.

Wow, looks like we have maybe an account or two that needs to be banned this morning for some incredibly rude and obnoxious behavior. I'm looking at YOU TPR Xtreme Fan - If you're such an Xtreme Fan of TPR, you should know your kind of attitude displayed here will NOT be tolerated. Bu-Bye....

Gah! These pictures are great. I agree with what everyone's saying about the ride being the least visually pleasing of all of the RMC coasters. I think it's those industrial gray supports. All be damned if this doesn't look like an absolute airtime beast though! I cant wait to see what the trains look like.

^It's the combination of the "sooooooo" and that denotes sarcasm, the second post was clearly just using in response to the first, but the straightforward wording indicates that he genuinely thought the first post was a complaint.

Sarcasm 101 thread, I'm starting it now. I will also be starting

"Pulling the Stick Out Your Butt 101" as a companion course.

Edited by neil009

^It's the combination of the "sooooooo" and that denotes sarcasm, the second post was clearly just using in response to the first, but the straightforward wording indicates that he genuinely thought the first post was a complaint.

Sarcasm 101 thread, I'm starting it now.

I think all the RMC conversions have a certain ugly/pretty aesthetic, pretty in an industrial sort of way but yes also kind of ugly. Kind of like old factory buildings.

Right now Storm Chaser is sitting in a mostly empty plot of land (because, hate to point out the obvious, but there used to be a roller coaster sitting next to it that is no longer there), but all it would take is some trees and landscaping and I'd really like how it looks.

Lets not forget the Pepsi-Cola warehouse right across the street (ironic considering KK serves Coke products ). The whole area outside the ride area is industrial and currently lacking in trees, so the aesthetic does carry over to outside. Although, I hope they do add trees since the inside towards Mile High Falls is heavily forested.

I wonder if they went with inversions on this to separate it from being too similar lightning run?

It's possible. The thing with RMCs is that the inversions flow so naturally and smoothly, I can't imagine feeling a significant difference on those without inversions versus those with. Either way, the Midwest is getting loaded with some RMCs; I really need to visit sometime!

EDIT: Oops, you said Lightning Run, not Lightning Rod. My mistake.

I wonder if they went with inversions on this to separate it from being too similar lightning run?

Could be. Could also be that Ed Hart looked at Medusa's first drop and went "That's the coolest f*cking thing I've ever seen, I'm putting that in my park."