TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

There's a chance I might be visiting Kentucky Kingdom this summer in June. How much does single-day admission usually cost? I checked the park website and couldn't find anything.

It has been around $45-$50, and parking at the KEC has been $8. If you're coming from out of town, some hotels are within walking distance of the KEC, so depending on where you are staying that could be a way to avoid the parking fee.

You may want to consider a season pass, as you would get free parking, plus discounts on concessions and merchandise. You will definitely come out ahead with a season pass if you plan on spending two days at the park.

You may want to consider a season pass, as you would get free parking, plus discounts on concessions and merchandise. You will definitely come out ahead with a season pass if you plan on spending two days at the park.

That's what I'm doing. I'm going to get into Louisville around 4:00 PM so I'm planning to get a season pass, hit the park for a few hours that evening and then all day the next day. It's a good deal.

Since the logo was changed to red and black. could these be Storm Chasers trains?

I wouldn't mind it. The restraints look a lot more comfortable than lightning run's. Only thing I don't like is that this would mean even more red in the park lol

Since the logo was changed to red and black. could these be Storm Chasers trains?

I wouldn't mind it. The restraints look a lot more comfortable than lightning run's. Only thing I don't like is that this would mean even more red in the park lol

Hey I'm a Louisville fan so I wouldn't mind it lol. I was like its either SC or LR

It very much has Louisville colors on it. Not necessarily a guarantee since it could just be a test car they keep around. If this was the case, though, I wonder if the other train is going to keep the blue seen in the concept pic?

I bet they are either wildfire or lightning rod trains

Well, they were not Lightning Rod's trains... And I HIGHLY doubt they are Wildfire's trains... Considering they look nothing like the animation of the Wildfire trains.

Don't know why I was fascinated with that video but I watched the whole thing not really caring that much about the product.

My only question is, was that female worker drug tested and given a background check. Those tattoos are a dead give away that she cannot be trusted.

Don't know why I was fascinated with that video but I watched the whole thing not really caring that much about the product.

My only question is, was that female worker drug tested and given a background check. Those tattoos are a dead give away that she cannot be trusted.

It's been a while since we've seen any construction updates. Any local peeps that have any new pictures? I'll be up there later this month for work, and may have time to swing by. But I would love to see how they are coming along.

I was up there last weekend, I didn't get very close to the ride. Maybe a couple hundred feet from it. I couldn't really see any visual difference, track work wise. Construction has really slowed down for some reason.

They were working on the rest of the structure. There hasn't been any new track put up as of a few days ago but Mark Brunner's FB page showed that they had the connectors up for the speed hill, and the double-up double- down and final helix was being worked on.

^ It reminds me of watching Banshee construction at KI. Everything was moving so fast and then out of no where there was a long delay in visible work. Hopefully things will pick back up again soon.