TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I hope that they put some trees or shrubbery in between that road and the coaster, it looks incredibly bare.

EDIT: Just checked out Street View imagery, the entire area, inside and outside the park, is bare! Yikes!

I hope that they put some trees or shrubbery in between that road and the coaster, it looks incredibly bare.

EDIT: Just checked out Street View imagery, the entire area, inside and outside the park, is bare! Yikes!

In case if you've never been there, it's bordered by either the state fairgrounds or various city streets. It is literally less than a half-mile from Louisville International Airport, so the tree cover is minimal.

I also don't know how old the street view imagery is, but it may be from before the park reopened in 2014.

I would love to see a more attractive fence around the perimeter rather than the barbed wire, but it would probably cost more than some flat rides in the park.

also don't know how old the street view imagery is, but it may be from before the park reopened in 2014.

It's actually fairly new, Storm Chaser is in the early stages of construction, at least along Crittenden Drive.

also don't know how old the street view imagery is, but it may be from before the park reopened in 2014.

It's actually fairly new, Storm Chaser is in the early stages of construction, at least along Crittenden Drive.

Correct - Crittenden Drive is dated Sep. 2015

The two small streets/alleys are dated back to 2011

Crittenden Drive bordering the park is pretty much a concrete jungle with some industrial facilities across the street (i.e., I park in Pepsi's parking lot to get those panoramas from across the street). The track on this coaster is literally the most visually striking aspect along the road with its shapes and bright color. Ironically enough, Storm Chaser sits right next to the most heavily forested area of the entire park along with Mile High Falls.

But like mentioned by neil009, the landscaping team has been doing a pretty decent job these few years in adding some greenery all over the park where needed and allowing it to grow over time.

Who owns the mostly vacant land along Phillips Lane? That would be a prime spot to expand the park. Some tree cover would be nice there as well.

I've thought the same thing for many years.

Yeah, I'm Loving the direction KY Kingdom is going. I live 20 minutes away and spend several days, during the summer, at the Park. I worked there for 5 Seasons, when it was changing to SFKK and it's already made some drastic improvements.