TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

The trains for Storm Chaser are more of a teal color in the promo video, but that doesn't mean a second train could be a different color. More importantly, the trains don't have any detail that resembles the photograph, which makes me suspect it's a flat ride:

The trains for Storm Chaser are more of a teal color in the promo video, but that doesn't mean a second train could be a different color. More importantly, the trains don't have any detail that resembles the photograph, which makes me suspect it's a flat ride:

I like how everyone suspects the colors on the promo with storm chaser is final.

^ I think it has more to do with the (up until very recently) original colors for the logo. I personally think the colors of the original logo would work better with the red than the yellow and blue in that picture. My vote goes to a new slide for HB.

image.jpeg.8531f625f0fcccab21c343eedb8f5253.jpeg

We'll I wonder when construction will pick up on this thang again, and will the new ride be revealed on Christmas Day since the teaser said it was under the tree?

Honestly it never slowed down lol. I drove by on a Sunday about 8 pm and you can see them hardly working. Oh btw SC looks so beautiful at night!

2S8A8754-Pano(edited)(4000x)(marcusdorsey)(2).thumb.jpg.d998bd07e46fcc57767df4108480e36f.jpg

From a look on the morning of December 19

They finished connecting the track pieces between the station and the lift hill (and yes, it did look like some small laterals will be present ), they added catwalks to the lifthill, and removed the wood behind the fence revealing the bottom of the ride from street view! There's always work going on for the ride, just in different areas at a time.

Do you think KK will hold a big media day deal with Storm Chaser or just have a quiet type opening with the park in April?

the quiet type seems to be KK type lol. I think we should do our own right outside the fence of SC! lol

Edited by lbeeler

Airtime has very little to do with height and everything to do with angular acceleration. That's why El Toro's first drop provides strong ejector air in the back--not because it's going 70 mph over the drop, but because it's rotating around the drop of a small radio is very quickly.

For this reason, it's hard to tell how strong airtime will be just looking at a hill.