TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I'm willing to bet a majority of the people saying that RMC needs to make more steep airtime hills hasn't been on an RMC. Twisty airtime hills, double ups, and double downs generally give the best RMC airtime, while traditional airtime hills are not as powerful but still pretty dang fun.

(This is based off of IRat and NTaG)

I'm willing to bet a majority of the people saying that RMC needs to make more steep airtime hills hasn't been on an RMC. Twisty airtime hills, double ups, and double downs generally give the best RMC airtime, while traditional airtime hills are not as powerful but still pretty dang fun.

If you want ejector that lasts for more than .0001 seconds then you need a taller camelback like this. If you're saying RMC has yet to deliver true sustained ejector, then here's hoping there's a first time for everything.

Count me among those that are SO happy they went with this rather than an inverted stall a la Wildfire.

If you want ejector that lasts for more than .0001 seconds then you need a taller camelback like this. If you're saying RMC has yet to deliver true sustained ejector, then here's hoping there's a first time for everything.

Count me among those that are SO happy they went with this rather than an inverted stall a la Wildfire.

Although there's plenty of airtime moments longer than .0001s, but it's true that there's not many sustained moments of airtime on the 5 of their coasters I've ridden. There's a handful of more sustained moments on Twisted Colossus (the blue hill under the green stall), Outlaw Run (the double-up before the twist-n-shout, parallel to the lift/drop), Golaith (the straight airtime hill in the front row), Iron Rattler (dropping off the quarry in the back seat), and a couple of spots on NTG. But I do hope that this hill can provide some sustained ejector, cause that is the one design aspect I wish RMC included more of.

Also thanks for the pictures! It looks great!

Seems like someone else posted pictures but you can never have too many pictures of sexy airtime

I'm sensing similarities to Lightning Run! Incredible first drop, followed by a sweet airtime hill, followed by a large overbank. middle part of course is super-twisty, and near the end are a bunch of tiny airtime hills!

I'm also seriously loving the style of this coaster too! It's bright track and supports combined with this layout parallel against Crittenden drive is almost reminiscent of a boardwalk coaster (reminds me of California Screamin'), but so much better!

I'm currently preparing for a speech for a communication class on the history of Kentucky kingdom (I now I'm a nerd ) and I had a question about the ride that apparently was in the spot where deluge is that was called "The Great Race". It opened in 1998 and closed in 2006. Anyone know anything about this? On the Wikipedia page, it says that it is still in storage...

If I remember, it sat right across from T2 and was a kiddie ride that went in a circle. I believe you could turn a wheel and the cars (literally themed to racing cars) would swing further outwards or inwards.

Edit: The first pic under a google images search will bring it up.

Edited by Midgetman82

If I remember, it sat right across from T2 and was a kiddie ride that went in a circle. I believe you could turn a wheel and the cars (literally themed to racing cars) would swing further outwards or inwards.

Edit: The first pic under a google images search will bring it up.

Thanks! For some reason, I do not remember this ride at all lol

Just found a video from 2006 of an idea for a launch coaster in the spot where Top Eliminator Dragsters was. This is sort of what I was thinking so they could keep a similar theme. They wouldn't need to make it that tall and thus why I think it would fit.

^Me thinks that's just some kid's RCT3 pipe dream. It looks interesting, but I don't think it has anything to do with Kentucky Kingdom.

I was just going off the description of the video, I still think some type of launched coaster that is low to ground would work really nice. If they didn't just refurbish raging rapids, I could have seen them use that land. TBH I just want something in that wasted area