TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I know this is a little late, but I think the coaster looks amazing!! It looks like a great addition to the park. Just what they need right now!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But. . . I know others be all like...

I can not belive that there is NO tunnel before the lifthill...

and/or

OMG... The pre-lift seems so boring. Why did they even bother?

Just saying people will find a way to complain about any roller coaster that is damn near perfect.

The link below will show you the progress on the Storm Chaser Construction, brought to you by the same guy who took the Lightning Run Photos a few years ago.

Mark Brunner Storm Chaser Photos

Maybe it's because I'm on a mobile device but the link doesn't appear to work.

ah, try this one Mark Brunner Storm Chaser Photos You need to sign in to Facebook mobile to view the photos.

So I'm planning to go to the Kingdom tomorrow. Does anyone know if the advance tickets are still available from local Krogers? (Is there a Kroger close to KK? My knowledge of Louisville is so outdated that Winn-Dixie was my grocer of choice there.) Thanks in advance!

The closest Kroger is near Papa John Stadium, on the other side of the bridge and only a couple blocks from the State Fair Grounds.

3165 S 2nd St

Louisville, KY 40208

I don't know if Kroger does advance discounted tickets.

So I'm planning to go to the Kingdom tomorrow. Does anyone know if the advance tickets are still available from local Krogers? (Is there a Kroger close to KK? My knowledge of Louisville is so outdated that Winn-Dixie was my grocer of choice there.) Thanks in advance!

The closest Kroger is near Papa John Stadium, on the other side of the bridge and only a couple blocks from the State Fair Grounds.

3165 S 2nd St

Louisville, KY 40208

I don't know if Kroger does advance discounted tickets.

Thanks! We're hitting the road now- although I'm going with littles in tow, I hope to be able to hit the Runs at some point!

So... I went to the Kingdom today to catch it before end of season next week. I'd been once before in the waning Six Flags days- was profoundly unimpressed and memories of that stupid bridge and dead ends. I was hopeful and sure that nothing could be worse than how it was. My quick thoughts-

Only hit Thunder Run out of the big coasters. That airtime is super crazy! My oldest niece went with me- she's 8 and this was her first time at an amusement park and her first coaster. I've created a monster- she grabbed a park map and started planning for next year.

We rode a lot of flats because of my nieces' ages. Even the kiddie rides we did had a decent amount of thrills. We also did the Wizard of Oz show at my sister's request. It was probably the 'worst' thing we did all day, but was on the side of pointless more than actually bad. You have to know the story to get anything out of it.

This was my first time on Flying Eagles (or Professor John's). I admit to having a fear of heights, but this was so fun that I kept trying to climb higher. My niece asked me how to control her rudder, and on her second time, managed a snap! I'm so proud.

I didn't sample any real food (got the girls Dippin' Dots) and only peeked in one shop- the merchandise wasn't thrilling me, so no souvenirs today. I do have to give props to the KK team members- all friendly to a one and smiles on faces.

In all, we had a good time, I'm glad it doesn't suck anymore, and I look forward to next year and experiencing Storm Chaser! (Freaky to see it all halfway dismantled, even knowing what's coming.)