TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

This looks great, but I agree with the others that the preview video is... lacking. They did it in NL2 but they didn't even use the RMC mod, much less any 3ds. I'm half tempted to offer to make them a better video myself just to show off what I'm sure will be a great ride!

I take it that Adventureland (Iowa) didn't trademark the name Storm Chaser?

I can't say this for a certainty, but I believe names are trademarked along ride types. Since that was not a roller coaster, and this is, it is okay for both to utilize the same name. If that is incorrect, somebody who is more familiar with Trademark Law can pitch in, and clarify!

Wow. WOW.

Just consider this design in relation to something like an old John Allen Wooden, or a small GCI or CCI...or on the steel side it really is comparable in size to Zierer, Pinfari, and mid-2000s Gerstalauer rides. And they got THAT layout out of 100 feet of height.

RMC is like the exact opposite of that thread "Which element could the designers have done better." RMC and Intamin continue to be leaps and bounds over everyone in creating "enthusiast" coasters. They know how to build forceful and innovative.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this as there has been a lot of new pages since the announcement, but with one of the sides of TT completely removed that really opens up a lot of new expansion space. I really like that as KK is kind of limited on space.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this as there has been a lot of new pages since the announcement, but with one of the sides of TT completely removed that really opens up a lot of new expansion space. I really like that as KK is kind of limited on space.

KK has a lot of expanding space that can be used....

I can't say this for a certainty, but I believe names are trademarked along ride types. Since that was not a roller coaster, and this is, it is okay for both to utilize the same name. If that is incorrect, somebody who is more familiar with Trademark Law can pitch in, and clarify!

No that's incorrect. It's by industry.

Damn that is a really awesome looking layout

The Kingdom will have quite the two punch combo now, and I also love that they are matching the name with Lightning Run. I really hope we see more of these inverted drops in the future!

The Kingdom will have quite the two punch combo now, and I also love that they are matching the name with Lightning Run. I really hope we see more of these inverted drops in the future!

No kidding there--Lightning Run is an insane airtime machine. If Storm Chaser lives up to past RMC rides . . .

I also thought the demolition of one side of the Twins would open up a lot of space, but after looking on Google Maps, much of the coaster sits in the same "box". In other words, the parts that will still be standing will form the same outline as TT now.

I was hoping that maybe in the future they would be able to use the dragster area as a place for a launched coaster as was rumored to go in TTs spot for awhile, but it just looks really crowded in that area.

IBeeler, could you elaborate on what locations are available for KK to expand? I always heard rumors about them being able to expand into the parking lot by 5D theater, but never saw anything that would confirm that. The one spot I thought they could expand to, the parking lot behind Chang, they blocked off with a lazy river and slides.

No kidding there--Lightning Run is an insane airtime machine. If Storm Chaser lives up to past RMC rides . . .

I can only imagine the thigh bruises that are in store for a day on these two!

I also must say, as a big fan of the colors blue and green, I really dig the trains for Storm Chaser as well!

Those won't be the trains though, correct? Aren't those standard no limits trains?

Hmmm... How do you explain both coasters being the same name then? I'm assuming Adventureland must not have trademarked it, but does that mean KK can't either?

Whoa!

With only a 100 foot tall coaster you get:

Barrel roll drop

9 moments of what will probably be extreme airtime

Crazy Looking Transitions

I will need to visit Kentucky Kingdom in the next few years

I'm constantly amazed with how varied the layouts of RMC conversions are. It's just so cool to see them take an old structure and remix it with extreme airtime and crazy laterals. It's nice to see a more "classic" out and back L-shaped layout. That ending bit looks like it's gonna throw riders around a lot. Now to see what Dollywood has in store!

I have to say, this layout seems very unimaginative and boring compared to the other RMCs. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and a world class ride, but we've seen what RMC can do and this just looks half-assed next to it. Almost like something somebody designed in nl2

Quoted for Stupidity

Hmmm... How do you explain both coasters being the same name then? I'm assuming Adventureland must not have trademarked it, but does that mean KK can't either?

Easy explanation... Storm Chaser at Adventureland is a Wind Seeker, not a roller coaster.

Easy explanation... Storm Chaser at Adventureland is a Wind Seeker, not a roller coaster.

Well, that's what I suggested up above, but was told it was "incorrect." That certainly makes more sense to me than Adventureland simply not trademarking the name!

Well, that's what I suggested up above, but was told it was "incorrect." That certainly makes more sense to me than Adventureland simply not trademarking the name!

Sorry, I was only answering your last post where you said they were both coasters.

The first drop on that ride looks insane! I love how twisty the rides looks. I have never been on an RMC creation before that off the axis air time hill looks like it is the right balance between floater and ejector airtime! I have never thought about going to Kentucky Kingdom but I think living in MD this now my closet RMC so I might think about going.

I also thought the demolition of one side of the Twins would open up a lot of space, but after looking on Google Maps, much of the coaster sits in the same "box". In other words, the parts that will still be standing will form the same outline as TT now.

I was hoping that maybe in the future they would be able to use the dragster area as a place for a launched coaster as was rumored to go in TTs spot for awhile, but it just looks really crowded in that area.

IBeeler, could you elaborate on what locations are available for KK to expand? I always heard rumors about them being able to expand into the parking lot by 5D theater, but never saw anything that would confirm that. The one spot I thought they could expand to, the parking lot behind Chang, they blocked off with a lazy river and slides.

These are the areas I was talking about.

888094473_2015-07-2112_00_27.thumb.png.7b14ed823af8206d5b229f4d6d42629a.png

1366718636_2015-07-2112_01_20.thumb.png.067cce3a6d4dfc5c7ba5277593b8ea61.png

341763794_2015-07-2112_02_12.thumb.png.1646b65eedc6bd65456086482460cfc1.png