TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

They will have to be pretty extreme to top Lightning Run's. Does anyone else thing they need to have the entrance go under the corkscrew as a nod to Chang? I always thought that was cool. It would not be to difficult based on its placement.

Lol the name sounds like it's Wicked Cyclone's sister, but I love the classic layout feel! That along with the cool inversions and trick track (gg, rmc!) Will definitely add up to a crowd pleaser

Edited by PixelRush

They will have to be pretty extreme to top Lightning Run's. Does anyone else thing they need to have the entrance go under the corkscrew as a nod to Chang? I always thought that was cool. It would not be to difficult based on its placement.

I think they will join the main entrance to the former Twisted Twins along to the former Top Thrill Dragster, in a new entrance under the " Cork Roll" and do away with the former along Thunder Runs turn.

I have to say, this layout seems very unimaginative and boring compared to the other RMCs. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and a world class ride, but we've seen what RMC can do and this just looks half-assed next to it. Almost like something somebody designed in nl2

He's just a CP fan boy , who is upset because Kentucky Kingdom is getting something unique, besides a " Dive Coaster"

Ok let me say that this layout looks amazing. I think the reason people think the layout looks boring is that it doesn't look cool and wrap around itself 100 times. The layout is pretty spread out and straightforward and a little short, but it looks like an airtime machine!! This thing looks to be like Magnum with its airtime. Though one thing I'm wondering is when we will get a good video and maybe an animated pov. When other parks announce coasters they have awesome videos showing off the parks skyline with the new addition. Then they'll go all out and have a website for the coaster that lists info and stats. KK doesn't have to do this but it would be a nice touch if they had animated off and on ride videos that weren't no limits. I'm also interested in seeing the train designs. All the RMC coasters have awesome train designs, wicked cyclones being my favorite.

I have to say, this layout seems very unimaginative and boring compared to the other RMCs. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and a world class ride, but we've seen what RMC can do and this just looks half-assed next to it. Almost like something somebody designed in nl2

So I was just able to watch the video and this comment is even more stupid after seeing that! Yes, it does look like someone designed it in NL2. And that someone is a very sick, deranged personal and I cannot wait to ride! Seriously, it's just one messed up action element after another. Anyone who watches that video and says the layout is boring is blind. Honestly, WTF???

A few things:

1.) I love this addition for KK. They are definitely going with quality rides over plug and plays that many smaller parks go with as filler.

2.) I really think they need to take this construction cycle to clean up the area on Crittenden Dr. to make the park look more inviting. This coaster is going to look amazing from Crittenden, it would be too bad if that view was tarnished by how ugly that fence row looks.

3.) I'm assuming the $15M figure includes the demolition of the unused structure and area improvement, as $15M seems high for the height and length of this coaster compared to others.

I'm really looking forward to this addition and the direction in which Ed Hart is taking this park.

2.) I really think they need to take this construction cycle to clean up the area on Crittenden Dr. to make the park look more inviting. This coaster is going to look amazing from Crittenden, it would be too bad if that view was tarnished by how ugly that fence row looks.

3.) I'm assuming the $15M figure includes the demolition of the unused structure and area improvement, as $15M seems high for the height and length of this coaster compared to others.

2. Yes, I agree.

3. That makes me wonder why they didn't just go for the dueling aspect. Wasn't the Texas Giant conversion 10 million? And that was a large prototype... So for a little more total cost they may have been able to use both sides?

I really like how everything at this park is small and has good quality. All you need for some good +forces is a quick speed through the element, and that is exactly the thinking of their rides.

I love the huge airtime hill near the beginning and the smaller hills near the end of Storm Chaser. Everything else in between I'm sure will not disappoint, and more likely it will turn out absolutely crazy.

2. Yes, I agree.

3. That makes me wonder why they didn't just go for the dueling aspect. Wasn't the Texas Giant conversion 10 million? And that was a large prototype... So for a little more total cost they may have been able to use both sides?

Or it could be price and demand, when NTAG/Outlawrun they were a new company far as doing more then just retracking. Now they're on FIRE!!! and with that comes premium pricing look at B&M almost ALL of their coasters seam to start at damn near 20 mil lol. Yet I'm sure in that 15 mil KK is spending it includes some type of budget for making things look nice around the area.

2. Yes, I agree.

Or it could be price and demand, when NTAG/Outlawrun they were a new company far as doing more then just retracking. Now they're on FIRE!!! and with that comes premium pricing look at B&M almost ALL of their coasters seam to start at damn near 20 mil lol. Yet I'm sure in that 15 mil KK is spending it includes some type of budget for making things look nice around the area.

Yeah, but as far as ROI goes, wouldn't dueling be far better (and crazier looking, getting more of the GP's attention)? Somebody correct me if I am wrong, although I know it would have double the capacity.

Yeah, but as far as ROI goes, wouldn't dueling be far better (and crazier looking, getting more of the GP's attention)? Somebody correct me if I am wrong, although I know it would have double the capacity.

Doubling ride capacity and attracting more interest does not increase ROI. Increase ticket and season pass sales increase ROI. It takes years to see a positive ROI from a large investment.

Some might think a $15MM investment can be returned through 375,000 additional attendees paying $40 per admission. This is quite different then just an increase in attendance of 375,000, because many of the return attendees are season pass holders, who are not contributing an additional $40 every time they visit the park.

Also, the whole additional attendee admission cost doesn't go straight to the bottom line, as more attendees mean more overhead for the park. But of course it is up to the park bean counters to determine all those figures.

Though one thing I'm wondering is when we will get a good video and maybe an animated pov. When other parks announce coasters they have awesome videos showing off the parks skyline with the new addition. Then they'll go all out and have a website for the coaster that lists info and stats. KK doesn't have to do this but it would be a nice touch if they had animated off and on ride videos that weren't no limits.

I don't think KK has the time or marketing team capable of doing something like that, or the cash to bring-in a third party to help do it for them (somewhat like Thunderbird, which I'm certain was one you had in mind). KK hasn't really done any super-special announcements since the Lightning Run reveal, usually it's just press conferences for the media and then posting images/videos/press release online.

He's just a CP fan boy , who is upset because Kentucky Kingdom is getting something unique, besides a " Dive Coaster"

Also, I tend to use the sentence "something somebody designed in NL2" as a compliment nowadays. There's some freakin' mind-blowing concepts made in that simulator that I would LOVE to see produced in real life.

Better version (kind of )

Yowza, that person was ready to recreate it!