TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

This looks great and I love that first drop into the airtime hill. The only thing I'm bummed about is the fact that the other side will be torn down. If they had enough money to keep both sides this could have been an epic dueling coaster, but for what it is it's great and should bring a lot of business to the park.

Are they using the Lola side?

It looks like it starts of on Lola's side and then comes back on Stella, with some of the remaining track missing. Like the cut the ride in half and connected it in a turn, which is cool because Lola had the better first half(drop/airtime hill) and Stella had the better end (circle).

Also I love the naming throwbacks with the new coasters. Greased lightnin -> Lighntning run; Starchaser (the park's first coaster) -> Storm Chaser. And keeping with the weather theme for the coasters. T3 meaning storms are terrifying haha.

Thrilled to have a RMC 5 1/2 hours away from me now - this looks perfect for Kentucky Kingdom and will easily the best ride in the park.

Also, I like the name, Storm Chaser, because it fits in with the 'storm' theme that the park has going on with Lightning Run and Thunder Run. I would have preferred a different color track, but the red will pop well on the existing (and added) steel structure!

This looks great and I love that first drop into the airtime hill. The only thing I'm bummed about is the fact that the other side will be torn down. If they had enough money to keep both sides this could have been an epic dueling coaster, but for what it is it's great and should bring a lot of business to the park.

Are they using the Lola side?

It looks like it starts of on Lola's side and then comes back on Stella, with some of the remaining track missing. Like the cut the ride in half and connected it in a turn, which is cool because Lola had the better first half(drop/airtime hill) and Stella had the better end (circle).

Also I love the naming throwbacks with the new coasters. Greased lightnin -> Lighntning run; Starchaser (the park's first coaster) -> Storm Chaser. And keeping with the weather theme for the coasters. T3 meaning storms are terrifying haha.

That's actually really smart of them to use the better part of each ride.

And now we have 2 RMC's themed to storm chasing: This and Wicked Cyclone

Are you sure they used both Stella and Lola to make this ride? It looks more like it uses solely the Lola side to me.

As confusing as it is to use only one side and tear the other down, I gotta say this looks like one awesome ride.

I'm a big fan of the layout. I like the classic hills juxtaposed with a few odd turns and the corkscrew. Like all of RMC's creations, it's going to be a well thought out ride experience.

I understand some trepidation due to the bland no-limits concept art. Outlaw Run's concept art was also pretty bad and I was actually bummed about how bad it looked when it came out, but the actual ride blew me away like nothing I had ever experienced. This will be similar for those of you in the area who haven't been on an RMC yet, I'm sure.

Are you sure they used both Stella and Lola to make this ride? It looks more like it uses solely the Lola side to me.

As confusing as it is to use only one side and tear the other down, I gotta say this looks like one awesome ride.

It looks like just the Lola side to me too, which I always thought was the better side. Lola had some good airtime hills. Stella had more and tighter curves which weren't comfortable in those old Gerstlauer trains.

I can't wait!!!

Looks like a really awesome coaster for KK!

I definitely wish it was more like TC but it is fine how it is. My guess is they will keep up most of both track supports for reinforcement. The track may even use the other side supports at some points.

Does it really matter that much which side they are using? At the end of the day, they're just whoring out those sisters to use their structure. It's going to be a totally awesome new and different ride and doesn't resemble anything much of the old ride at all. And I'm totally ok with this.

I have to say, this layout seems very unimaginative and boring compared to the other RMCs. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and a world class ride, but we've seen what RMC can do and this just looks half-assed next to it. Almost like something somebody designed in nl2

^ This is possibly the stupidest post of the day.

I think Storm Chaser's layout is fan-freaking-tastic! They packed in a ton of unique elements into a pretty average wooden coaster's former layout. This coaster wasn't Texas Giant or Rattler, which had enormous structures. This was an average sized woodie that was probably even smaller than Riverside Cyclone. RMC hasn't let us down yet, and for almost every one of its creations, they have exceed expectations. So quit calling this coaster "half-assed". In someways, this layout looks even better than Twister Colossus' layout. (Yeah, its too bad that they didn't keep both "twins" but, oh well, that's life.)

A first drop with a barrel roll, two air time hills, two overbanked turns, a corkscrew and a double-up/double-down among many other features. Looks anything BUT unimaginative and boring.

Huge kudos to Kentucky Kingdom for taking such a huge risk to put the park back on the map again. They couldn't have made a better decision by going with RMC and yes, the layout is awesome!

It looks like just the Lola side to me too, which I always thought was the better side. Lola had some good airtime hills. Stella had more and tighter curves which weren't comfortable in those old Gerstlauer trains.

I can't wait!!!

Okay I looked at it again and it looks like its mostly all Lola. Its been forever since I've been on either haha. I wonder if they're going to actually tear down all the rest of the ride? It would be cool to leave some of the other track and structure to make it look like a storm came though and that pieces of track are missing. Either way, this will be sweet!

I have to say, this layout seems very unimaginative and boring compared to the other RMCs. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and a world class ride, but we've seen what RMC can do and this just looks half-assed next to it. Almost like something somebody designed in nl2

^ This is possibly the stupidest post of the day.

Agreed. Putting that post in the "ignore" pile.

Storm Chaser looks pretty good to me and in my opinion it's always a good thing when another RMC creation is brought into our lives. Having this and The Voyage so close together is making me ponder a trip to King's Island/KK and Holiday World or maybe hit KK on the way home from Carowinds/Dollywood next year.

Somebody earlier said RMC half-assed this ride... I think not. They may have not been able to afford or use both sides, so they took the option of only using Lola. As much as I would love to see them duel - it's life.

As much as I miss the rumored dueling aspect, those hills should give some good ejector time. This layout sort of reminds me of El Toro - lots of camelbacks and some twisty bits here and there.

This looks like a great layout chocked full of some really cool elements. It's great to see some RMC work ouitside of Six Flags parks for a change. This gives me some hope that Gwazi at Busch Gardens may still have hope of a RMC makeover. Hey I can dream can't I?