TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I am REALLY REALLY hoping they keep it a true dueling coaster instead of removing a gigantic portion of the footprint and connecting the two halves together like TC. I'd also want them to keep some laterals in there but this being RMC I'm not getting my hopes up about that (and I mean real, underbanked turn laterals, not rotational force laterals from twisting track).

Laterals are interesting thing. They seem to be far more common on wooden coasters (especially 90's era) than modern steel, which makes me think RMC will stay away from laterals for theirI-box conversions. Their ground up wooden coasters just seem to massive and speed/airtime/inversion focused to even attempt any good laterals.

Then again, look at some of the top ranked coasters out there. There's a much greater focus on airtime/positives/speed and height rather than laterals. Probably not a coincidence, IMO.

I honestly enjoy strong laterals basically as much as I enjoy airtime. It feels out of control and like the train is going to be ripped from the tracks. The helix on the Legend is great but the real special moments are the three crazy turns that follow it. It's disappointing to me that people have such a strong preference for vertical Gs and the only manufacturers who will give you both is GCI and TGG. It's like a painter deciding to only paint in warm colors.

The hype is building, it's great knowing that we could see an announcement in the next two weeks. I've had my doubts concerning TT s height but I'm sure that RMC can transform it into one of their best creations.

^^ don't mean to be rude, but does anyone else immodestly shut the sound of on their videos?

I definitely make sure to wear my most revealing clothing (if any at all) when I'm shutting the sound off on their videos!

Honestly, my auto corrects have been if lately!!

Sorry about that. But that was a great reply!

Yeah, auto-correct can be vicious sometimes!

I don't usually believe in nit-picking people's posts, but I saw an opening there and I took it!

Now, I know we are still in the process of getting all of KK coasters operational again, but with that being said, I wonder how long it will be until KK has another new coaster addition? I'm sure there will be more focus on the water park in the next couple of seasons.

Went this weekend and finally got to ride T3! It was a blast. It is definitely not smooth, but its rough in an aggressive-fun way instead of painful way. I rode it a few times in a row, something that you couldn't have paid me to do with T2. The new restraints are great; you can even put your hands up. The line was packed as the day went on, so ride it early if you go. It desperately needs another train. Hopefully that is in the works

Also, all the new attractions were really fun. Enterprise still makes me sick, and the new taco place is GREAT! 3.99 for chips, queso and a drink. Nice to be able to get a snack and not break the bank. Cyclos seems like a huge hit. And the park was PACKED all weekend, more crowded than I have ever seen it.

Some things that could be worked on: Ride ops. They weren't bad per-se, but so slowwww for everything. Every ride seems to have a complicated, overly done safety procedure. It's even worse in the water park. They literally make you SIT on the inner tube in the lazy river; no laying on your stomach, no feet in the water, no sitting up, ONE approved position. Thats pretty ridiculous.

Also the clothing policy needs to be reworked. You have to change into clothes to ride the swing ride thats in the waterpark? Put clothes on to walk by T3? Go back to the locker to put clothes on to get wet on raging rapids river ride? I'm not sure the reasons behind it, but if it was possible, I would make it to where you could wear bathing suits everywhere across the bridge, except for restaurants and roller coasters. I think that would be a good compromise.

Other than that the park was great. Good selection of rides, the food is very good, the twins are progressing nicely, the landscaping looks great, and people seem to be loving it.

I think the next step that will be taken coaster wise will be a true replacement for Chang. I'm thinking some sort of large B&M. But this will probably take a long time to happen. They could also use a nice family coaster to fill in the gap between roller skater and the rest of their lineup. What I really want is a nice, moderately tall coaster (maybe 130-140ft). That is inversion oriented, stands out, and will dominate the skyline. I remember going to SFKK when I was a small child and seeing Chang from really far away as we were going to the park. LR, T3, and TR form some presence of a skyline. But are hard to see until you are right beside the park. I want a coaster that dominates the skyline, and has as much of a presence as the Ferris wheel does now.

someone posted on KK Fb page of a possible Eurofighter coaster to go into Blackbeard's bounty place. has anyone else seen this rumor?

If it were to happen, I think it would be 2 or 3 years away. I think it's pretty set in stone that something is happening with TT for next year, and if it is as extensive as I believe, I don't know if KK will invest the money or waste the hype cycle on 2 coasters in one year.

I had heard some rumors about a launched Eurofighter in place of TT in order to stay below the new height limit, but I figured those are out the window now that it appears TT is being rehabbed.

Eurofighters are good for a cheap coaster addition, but I wouldn't really get that excited for that addition. I haven't ridden a Eurofighter that was an enjoyable experience.

I saw that rumor, but it is to specific and doesn't seem to have any credibility behind it. It would be cool to have a 200 ft eurofighter, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not sure KK will ever see a 200' coaster because of height restrictions, but I don't know how the restrictions breakdown by areas of the park. KK is in a unique situation with where they are situated, but many of my favorite coasters are shorter than 200' tall. I think they can carve a market out of making fun, smaller rides like LR.

I saw that rumor, but it is to specific and doesn't seem to have any credibility behind it. It would be cool to have a 200 ft eurofighter, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not sure KK will ever see a 200' coaster because of height restrictions, but I don't know how the restrictions breakdown by areas of the park. KK is in a unique situation with where they are situated, but many of my favorite coasters are shorter than 200' tall. I think they can carve a market out of making fun, smaller rides like LR.

And they really don't need to build tall. Look at all the really great parks that don't have anything over 200 ft. Dollywood and Holiday World both haven't built that high, and their rides are fantastic. It may require some creativity, but the height restrictions aren't that limiting really.