TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Not at all Robb. Now it would be weird if they just put a single grab bar smack dab in the middle...

My thoughts were less about the grab bars and more about this area...Untitled-1.jpg.0865ed92ecd94f5e0cd9f26393069f17.jpg Just looks a little cramped to me...

Edited by robbalvey

Not at all Robb. Now it would be weird if they just put a single grab bar smack dab in the middle...

My thoughts were less about the grab bars and more about this area...[attachment=0]Untitled-1.jpg[/attachment] Just looks a little cramped to me...

I was going to say the same thing. The right arm is a tight squeeze around the bars, and I imagine it might be easy to jab your arm into the bars. Not to mentioned the joystick-like grab bars--not a complaint at all, just unusual.

My thoughts were less about the grab bars and more about this area...[attachment=0]Untitled-1.jpg[/attachment] Just looks a little cramped to me...

Looks similar to the new Kumbak trains Movie World put on their SLC. Those didn't strike me as being particularly cramped, and they're certainly much more rideable than the typical Vekoma train.

I may or may not have tried to make a brief trip to the park today to see if I could ride it... Turned into a huge flop as they couldn't get it open to the public until closer to the end of the day thanks to the large downpour we had today. I couldn't stick around that late, so I left. I did see ride operators and maintenance workers make multiple laps around and survive it (even larger-sized workers). A park fan on Instagram who waited it out and got on says it's fairly smooth and enjoyable.

Any planning on going sometime this weekend, get to the park early (or don't go at all, considering it's a holiday weekend...). They're still running one train, so it's bound to be a lengthy wait until the second one arrives someday.

Definitely looks like it could cause some arm-brusing unless you keep your elbow close to your body. Looking forward to the reports on how it is to ride. I have never seen this amount of enthusiasm for an SLC opening, one of the very first ones even. But if it's able to satisfy the GP (and maybe some enthusiasts even) I guess it's money well spent...

Good news guys I just saw a review on Instagram from an enthusiast saying that this ride is pretty damn smooth. Not B&M butter smooth but relatively smooth and pain free. It also seems to be pretty forceful, and has forces you can actually enjoy. This guy had nothing but positive things to say about the ride. So to all you naysayers, this is probably the first good/decent SLC.

^If you're talking about the "Mystic Coasters" guy, he's probably the biggest Kentucky Kingdom fanboy I've ever seen. It may be a decent and smooth ride, but I think we should wait for some more reviews before claiming it's the best SLC ever (although that's not saying much).

So to all you naysayers, this is probably the first good/decent SLC.

Great Nor'Easter is pretty decent, and it's been that way since...2007? (EDIT: 2008.)

I have ridden T3 and have to say that it is pretty smooth, the headbanging is gone, and the trains are very comfortable and roomy. When the ride was over I was completely pain free and actually enjoyed it, which is quite an accomplishment for an SLC.

Rode it today. Really liked it. It wasn't by any means as smooth as a brand new steel coaster, there was still some back-and-forth jerkiness, but that didn't bother me. I didn't have any problem with wiggle-room for my arms. The best part was the double barrel roll, really enjoyable without my head and neck being beaten to death. I saw no evidence of a second train. One hour wait with one switchback full.

This is some good news guys, and to address norEaster I have still heard mixed things even with its new trains. I believe they aren't KumbaK. But Arkham Asylum could be as good as T3 though.

I had another go at riding T3 on July 5th, and that I did, 4 times! For my first lap (about 35 minute wait), I opted for my usual row of choice when I remembered it as T2, which was the back but one row forward. Safe to say the ride was very enjoyable! The ride shuffles your body around quite a bit, but it felt more like an enjoyable kind of shuffling (if you're okay with that...). Apart form that, it's smooth and free of any pain! I hopped back in line to give the front row a try. The extra-length queue for the front row came to be about 50 extra minutes (when it was filled all the way). Took a total of 1 hour 20 minutes to get through it all. Unfortunately, the very-front row offered a less pleasurable experience for me with the feeling of getting a few swift jabs to the lap...

Nonetheless, I will say I survived it with no headaches or major pains. For the last two rides, I sat in the very back row, and still got a fairly kick-a$$ experience out of it. Even folks in line who remembered the experience of old T2 mentioned that the new trains were a huge improvement.

The new trains did a TREMENDOUS job in making the coaster far more tolerable than it used to be! I can also 100% confirm that it was done by KumbaK due to the fact a guy with a collared-shirt that had the KumbaK logo on it was on his laptop in the station occasionally watching and making adjustments to it throughout the day.

IMG_6630(Edited)(800x).jpg.9968e8ee1720b1d7dd623ff1a11adde0.jpg

The only "decent" photo from the day. :-P

I had another go at riding T3 on July 5th, and that I did, 4 times! For my first lap (about 35 minute wait), I opted for my usual row of choice when I remembered it as T2, which was the back but one row forward. Safe to say the ride was very enjoyable! The ride shuffles your body around quite a bit, but it felt more like an enjoyable kind of shuffling (if you're okay with that...). Apart form that, it's smooth and free of any pain! I hopped back in line to give the front row a try. The extra-length queue for the front row came to be about 50 extra minutes (when it was filled all the way). Took a total of 1 hour 20 minutes to get through it all. Unfortunately, the very-front row offered a less pleasurable experience for me with the feeling of getting a few swift jabs to the lap...

Nonetheless, I will say I survived it with no headaches or major pains. For the last two rides, I sat in the very back row, and still got a fairly kick-a$$ experience out of it. Even folks in line who remembered the experience of old T2 mentioned that the new trains were a huge improvement.

The new trains did a TREMENDOUS job in making the coaster far more tolerable than it used to be! I can also 100% confirm that it was done by KumbaK due to the fact a guy with a collared-shirt that had the KumbaK logo on it was on his laptop in the station occasionally watching and making adjustments to it throughout the day.

This is really encouraging to know and now with the renovations to Twisted Twins, this park will have a great coaster lineup.

The only time I've ridden an SLC (Lethal Weapon at Movieworld Australia), I actually really enjoyed the layout and even the roughness... it was just the head banging that made me not ride it again. This looks like it would eradicate that negative so I think I'd like it!

This is really encouraging to know and now with the renovations to Twisted Twins, this park will have a great coaster lineup.

A renovated TT & LR alone would be a 1-2 punch of a line up. I was so impressed by LR. It far exceeded my expectations.

Good to hear somewhat positive comments about T3. I rode Nor'easter a few weeks ago and even though there's nothing to bang your head on, the ride was still very jerky (think:whiplash) and not fun at all. I realize it has Vekoma trains. Hopefully the Kumbak trains don't get rough as they age (or KK take better care of them).

A renovated TT & LR alone would be a 1-2 punch of a line up. I was so impressed by LR. It far exceeded my expectations

Next summer will be my first visit since it has been reopened. I'm not a huge fan of waterparks, so I'm pretty stoked for such a solid lineup.

Yeah, there's definatley something goin on here, this will be an interesting porject to follow. I personally have not been on any RMC coasters and was a little skeptical about how Twisted Cyclone would turn out since it's only 110 feet tall, but seems like they turned that thing into any awesome ride. WIth that being said Twisted Twins is 30 feet shorter at 80 feet and has a layout that never was very good to being with so it should be interesting to see what those guys can do with this thing.

Every refurb RMC has done to date has started with a coaster that atleast had some major potential with the existing layout (Rattler's drop, Colossos's length and size, Texas Giant's layout, even Cyclone had a dense structure to work with), but Twisted Twins never was very good even when it was new, so we'll see. I'm hoping for the best but I'm sure they'll transform it into something unique at thevery least.

It sure did have a lot of laterals, so there's a start. Lots of those strong turns could become overbanks or camelbacks. Plus when you consider the entire second half of Wicked Cyclone, you can bet the company can still make an insane ride from tiny bunny-hops and ground-hugging barrel rolls. Add in the dueling aspect and possible Mobius loop, and you've got a potential hit for the park.

Of course, this is just me finally jumping on the speculating bandwagon.

I am REALLY REALLY hoping they keep it a true dueling coaster instead of removing a gigantic portion of the footprint and connecting the two halves together like TC. I'd also want them to keep some laterals in there but this being RMC I'm not getting my hopes up about that (and I mean real, underbanked turn laterals, not rotational force laterals from twisting track).