TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Just left the Park, while waiting in line for Deluge, they were testing T3. Maybe it will be open by the weekend.

They were actually letting the train run etc? I know it's a dumb question to ask, but in the past my definition of testing is different from others..

I hate to double post, but while doing my weekly Googling of Kentucky Kingdom, I saw that Hurricane Bay is to be featured in a episode of Xtreme Waterparks on the Travel Channel. It is mainly focused on the deep water dive. It will be aired June 28th.

More information: http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/community/2015/06/23/kentucky-kingdom-hurricane-bay/29157635/

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/xtreme-waterparks/video/deep-water-dive-in-kentucky (sneak peak)

I don't know whether anyone would care or not because it is not a coaster, but it is cool to see..

^It seems harsh in some pictures, but the green of the trees around it balances it out sorta.

cool. I wonder if they will make a big deal about it or just quietly open it during the week. If it is open this weekend I am tempted to make a trip to the park Sunday...

Hopefully they'll make an announcement via Social Media (and maybe newspaper) before this weekend, and watch people flock to the park just to ride it. I'm crossing my fingers for this weekend as well.

Just left the Park, while waiting in line for Deluge, they were testing T3. Maybe it will be open by the weekend.

They were actually letting the train run etc? I know it's a dumb question to ask, but in the past my definition of testing is different from others..

Yes, they sent the Train around 4 laps while we were in line.

Yes, they sent the Train around 4 laps while we were in line.

The trains looked real good from the Eway

^^^ It's because the quicker that shake and bake opens, the sooner lines for LR thin out...not to mention all the focus will then go to TT and all it's speculations. Personally, In the last car of the train, I found T2 to be "aggressive" more than rough aside from the really intense lateral shuffle on the hill before the sidewinder.....any other seat was a no go, especially the front though.

^I didn't think they'd be able to do 10 cars per train given the original reason they shortened the first trains to 7.

-Enterprise is starting to frighten me a little. The ride shakes and rattles a lot and doesn't get enough speed to keep the carriages from swinging quite a bit when it is rising and lowering.

Ummm, every HUSS Enterprise I've ridden does this, including the one I operated.

Enterprise is starting to frighten me a little. The ride shakes and rattles a lot and doesn't get enough speed to keep the carriages from swinging quite a bit when it is rising and lowering.

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure if Ed thought something was unsafe he'd do something about it. Also while I'm talking about Enterprise...

Just a note: If your a smaller person like I am it's probably a good idea to ride with a partner. When your by yourself, it ends up pushing you forward in the carriage, and because of the force, it's alot harder to move back than you might think...

This is why there are Foot Plates on the Edges.

I hope this thing is announced in early July like some sources have confirmed. But I saw somewhere yesterday that someone said it would be announced in late July. I'm not really sure what to believe, but it's not that big of a deal anyway.