TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I sill cant help but think you guys are getting your hopes up. There is nothing so far to indicate that RMC's involvement is a complete overhaul of TS, it could be a refurbishment such as ThundeRun...I'm cautiously optimistic...

There would not be any steel spotted on site if it was just being retracted like thunder run was

You do realize this is a steel structure with wood track right? Of course not... the ride was closed before you kids were born..

But if KK is just refurbishing TT with no layout change, there is no need for more steel scaffolding, unless the scaffolding needs to be replaced. I'm not really sure how well those steel supports age.

I sorta follow this on busy days:

If you plan to arrive right when the park opens, you can probably sneak a ride or two on Cyclos with minimal lines. Other than that make the water park (and the back-half of the park) your first priority. Most slides are walk-ons within the first 2-3 hours the park is open, especially Deep Water Dive. If you return to the front-half around 2pm-3pm, most folks will have moved towards the back-half and be in the water park. If you're staying until close, know that the most popular rides start closing within the last hour of operations (i.e. Cyclos: 1 hour before close; Lightning Run: 30 minutes before close).

Now, if the day isn't crowded and you're not waiting 30+ minutes for most rides (especially if they're walk-ons), then I'm sure you'll have plenty of time for re-rides on a couple of major attractions.

---

A couple notes from a visit I had today.

-The threat of rain all morning kept queues at walk-ons early in the day and still short lines the rest of the day! This left me the ability to ride Cyclos 3 times back-to-back before tackling virtually the entire park, with plenty of re-rides on my favorites!

-Cyclos is now my personal favorite ride in the park. Yes, above Lightning Run.

-T3's train sits fully in the station without a cable holding it back, and most of the the new brakes were installed, and they were working on the rest.

-Looking from Mile High Falls, I saw all track connecting to the station of Twisted Twins were indeed torn-out. Brake sections, pre-lift section, and the supports to those parts. I looked around for steel (even driving by that corner after leaving) and didn't see any steel, other than large pieces that looked to have been torn from the ride... did I miss something?

-Enterprise is starting to frighten me a little. The ride shakes and rattles a lot and doesn't get enough speed to keep the carriages from swinging quite a bit when it is rising and lowering.

I know, I LOVE Cyclos! Idk if I like it more than Lightning Run but it's definetly my second favorite. That feeling when your upside down always freaks me out cause I'm not even touching the seat, but it feels awesome at the same time. About halfway through it I go "OK, THAT'S ENOUGH!" but it never is...

Enterprise is starting to frighten me a little. The ride shakes and rattles a lot and doesn't get enough speed to keep the carriages from swinging quite a bit when it is rising and lowering.

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure if Ed thought something was unsafe he'd do something about it. Also while I'm talking about Enterprise...

Just a note: If your a smaller person like I am it's probably a good idea to ride with a partner. When your by yourself, it ends up pushing you forward in the carriage, and because of the force, it's alot harder to move back than you might think...

Hello all!

I'm planning a DAY trip to Kentucky Kingdom. I plan on spending time riding most of the rides both in the theme park and water park.

Any suggestions so I can try and ride everything in a day? I'll be going to the park on a Friday.

Step 1) Arrive at the park before opening

Step 2) Enjoy the ride you most anticipating first

Step 3) Head to water park

You never want to skip the most anticipated ride since you can't predict breakdowns (and the weather could also play a part)

I sorta follow this on busy days:

If you plan to arrive right when the park opens, you can probably sneak a ride or two on Cyclos with minimal lines. Other than that make the water park (and the back-half of the park) your first priority. Most slides are walk-ons within the first 2-3 hours the park is open, especially Deep Water Dive. If you return to the front-half around 2pm-3pm, most folks will have moved towards the back-half and be in the water park. If you're staying until close, know that the most popular rides start closing within the last hour of operations (i.e. Cyclos: 1 hour before close; Lightning Run: 30 minutes before close).

Now, if the day isn't crowded and you're not waiting 30+ minutes for most rides (especially if they're walk-ons), then I'm sure you'll have plenty of time for re-rides on a couple of major attractions.

---

A couple notes from a visit I had today.

-The threat of rain all morning kept queues at walk-ons early in the day and still short lines the rest of the day! This left me the ability to ride Cyclos 3 times back-to-back before tackling virtually the entire park, with plenty of re-rides on my favorites!

-T3's train sits fully in the station without a cable holding it back, and most of the the new brakes were installed, and they were working on the rest.

-Looking from Mile High Falls, I saw all track connecting to the station of Twisted Twins were indeed torn-out. Brake sections, pre-lift section, and the supports to those parts. I looked around for steel (even driving by that corner after leaving) and didn't see any steel, other than large pieces that looked to have been torn from the ride... did I miss something?

-Enterprise is starting to frighten me a little. The ride shakes and rattles a lot and doesn't get enough speed to keep the carriages from swinging quite a bit when it is rising and lowering.

Did you drive up the little side street next to TT And the auto paint shop? that's where I saw the crates.

Edited by lbeeler

Twisted Twins is missing huge pieces of track and construction has started. RMC is already confirmed through job-posting services. This conversion's a done deal.

Lightning Run, Thunder Run, Twisted Awesomeness and Deluge are a hell of a reason to put this park on the map, for me that top line is better than even KI's.

Thank you all for your information regarding my future trip to Kentucky Kingdom!

I'm actually going on a Thursday now.

So the first ride I want to do is Lightning Run. Will I have time to ride it once in the front and once in the back before going to the waterpark?

Should I ride Deluge first for the water park?

I also plan on riding Thunder Run and T3 (if it is opened by then).

Any other tips?

Lightning Run, Thunder Run, Twisted Awesomeness and Deluge are a hell of a reason to put this park on the map, for me that top line is better than even KI's.

Replace Thunder Run with FearFall. Then you'd be correct.

Even with the amazing rides, I didn't have that great of a time at the park last year. However, I've heard really positive things about the park this season, so if an RMC is coming, KK will be a must visit for me next year as well.

When I was at the park today I too saw water dummies in the train, but only saw one train. I could also hear them opening and closing the brakes and there were workers on top of the track that the brakes were on.

Well, it will be impossible have any headbanging issues on the new trains.

For all we know they could be the worst-tracking trains in roller coaster history, even with the previous example set by Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy. Just because there's no head banging doesn't mean that the train will run glass smooth. I'd rather have a little bit of head banging than a constant vibration.

Well, it will be impossible have any headbanging issues on the new trains.

For all we know they could be the worst-tracking trains in roller coaster history, even with the previous example set by Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy. Just because there's no head banging doesn't mean that the train will run glass smooth. I'd rather have a little bit of head banging than a constant vibration.

Thunderbolt at Coney Island taught me you don't need OTSR to have headbanging.