TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

So with three weekends remaining, I'm wondering when the park will get (or has gotten) the new trains for T3 to start testing, and when assembly for the new Cyclos might happen. I'm assuming they might be bringing parts for the latter starting sometime this week or weekend if they're going to have it ready by opening.

I wish I could run by the park to have a look at progress and snap some photos, but I've been kept pretty busy at my college.

Check this out. The 6th ride is of course "Up Up and Away" and 7th ride is a swing ride called "FlutterFly" and 8th is a new movie in the theather which is Wizards Of Oz http://www.whas11.com/story/entertainment/television/great-day-live/2015/04/06/new-rides-at-kentucky-kingdom/25356953/

I'm not sure how I feel about "Flutterfly". The park already will have 4 other swing rides and I had my heart set on Kraken Racers in Hurricane Bay.

Flutter Fly is another Zamperla ride addition to KYKingdom. It seems like there is a strong business relationship between Zamperla and KY Kingdom at the moment. The Zamperla ride is called "Magic Bikes". The height of the bike is determined by how fast or slow riders peddle. Here is a link to a Zamperla video overview of the ride.

Well, you gotta have enough for the big and little ones to enjoy. Nice addition, and great that they're refreshing the theater film.

Edit: So to refresh people on #KingdomEight:

1. T3

2. Cyclos

3. Sky Catcher

4. Enterprise

5. Raging River Rapids

6. Up, Up, And Away

7. Flutter Fly

8. Wizard of Oz Film in 5d Cinema

^Good thing you'll have SIX other new rides to enjoy that are actually being added with you in mind.

Hey, I didn't mean to come off as being upset with the additions to KK. I love all that they're adding I just was upset because I thought that they were getting Kraken Racers and because I thought that Flutterfly was going to be similar to PJ's or Flying Dutchman, but after seeing the video it does look fun for families. And I'm not selfish...

I would think Flutterfly would be in King Louie's Playland, but that area is pretty well full. The areas that seem to be the most open for the taking are in front of Lightning Run near the Rio Grande Train, and between Skycatcher and Circle of Champions. There may be enough space near the Tin Lizzies behind Cactus Jack's.

With Twisted Twins being revived for 2016, maybe there's a possibility for a Kraken Racer as well. There's plenty of space for some flats between Thunder Run and Twisted Twins.

Is the WOZ film going o be the actual full movie from 1939, a segment of it, or sMe remake of sorts? Also, did the park owners ever confirm RMC Twisted Twins for 2016?

Most likely a remake of sorts. And no it hasn't been confirmed yet but it's the most likely the way to restore the ride and make it more interesting plus it would be the thing along with LR and the awesome waterpark that puts KK on the map.

^Oh thanks. How did they get the rights now that they aren't owned by six flags and is a smaller park (kind of)?
Any park who's contacted RMC can get coasters from them, Six Flags has just been keeping them busy enough that other parks haven't had much of a chance yet.

^Oh thanks. How did they get the rights now that they aren't owned by six flags and is a smaller park (kind of)?

RMC has stated before that six flags doesn't own the rights to the Iron Horse it's just that since they are a relatively new company they can only build 2 or 3 total coasters (Remakes or New) a year and that Six Flags is the first to buy and that also 2 other non Six Flags parks have bought RMC coasters to be made in the next year or two and I believe that KK was one of them. Also, being a small private park doesn't matter as long as you have the money... And if Ed Hart could get a B&M stand up here he can get an RMC Iron Horse here...

LG&E provided them with Rio, so I wouldn't be surprised if they provided them with this film as well.

And if Ed Hart could get a B&M stand up here he can get an RMC Iron Horse here...

Quoted for truth, not forgetting the fact it broke 5 world records when it opened.

Ok everyone, Cyclos preview time. Here are POV and off-ride vids of the same model at Luna Park in Coney island. The same Zamperla ride is operating there, and is known as "Luna 360". Honesty the POV made me sick, so I think a lot of people are going to be nauseated during/post this ride. Anyways enjoy these videos. Soon this will be at KY Kingdom.

POV

Off-Ride

Have there been any reports on T3 testing? I know yesterday when I pulled into Kings Island for my Ride Operator interview (i got the job!) they where testing Diamondback and Windseeker.

haven't seen any testing..... I go by the park everyday I haven't even seen any trains