TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^That does seem like a pretty strange move on their part, where a much larger ride could have been placed there. Meanwhile, look at the old Superman location in the top right...why not expand the kiddie area onto that space instead? I doubt it's ever going to be used again otherwise. Same thing for Fearfall...its placement compared to how you actually get to it just seems strange to me.

Of course, Ed Hart understands the park better than I do. Good thing I'm not in charge. Case in point: I thought it was strange to place a Flying Scooter ride at the front of the old Wild Mouse pad, but 2015 comes around and it turns out there will be a ride placed on the rear part as well.

As for the Rio Grande train moving...dare I say it? A Larson 22' Giant Loop would probably fit in its old space.

Yeah, that would be a little thing we call "rust".

If they are moving the kiddie train to the kiddie area (from near Bluebeards), does that me the train site is going to be home to something else?

The kiddie Tea Cups also have an enormously large ride pad (old bumper cars size I think), so i wonder how long they will sit there before they are moved.

If you are talking about the Mad Hatter (Zamperla midi Tea Cup), it's a Permanent Mounted Model, like Lagoon's and Hershey Park's.

Yes. That one. Notice it in the overhead shot: the Mad Hatter (left side) seems to sit on a very large ride pad (the old Dodgems pad), and I've got to wonder if it may move again some time in the future as they begin filling the park back in. I think the train tracks are going where the car ride was, near the Breakdance on the right:

It doesn't make sense to spend the money installing a ride into the ground (Park Mount) when you are just going to move it, when you could have installed it above ground.

It doesn't make sense to spend the money installing a ride into the ground (Park Mount) when you are just going to move it, when you could have installed it above ground.

Yes, I understand, but it would make sense to buy a "small" ground-mounted ride to place temporarily (2 or 3 years) as the initial cost of the ride is less. Parks move stuff as they grow.

^ Ok, let me get this straight. Kentucky Kingdom spends the money to Install the Ride, Poured a Foot of Concrete around it so it has Ground Level Loading, just to move it in a couple years leaving behind a small pit? If that were the case, they wouldn't have spent all that money on concrete to bring the grade up to the same level as the platform and would have left it like those at Waldameer, Quassy, and Luna Park.

In Ground:

10452951_795718823795625_3154723358120783465_o.jpg

On Ground:

468617_10150704686164399_1102357985_o.jpg

^ Ok, let me get this straight. Kentucky Kingdom spends the money to Install the Ride, Poured a Foot of Concrete around it so it has Ground Level Loading, just to move it in a couple years leaving behind a small pit? If that were the case, they wouldn't have spent all that money on concrete to bring the grade up to the same level as the platform and would have left it like those at Waldameer, Quassy, and Luna Park.

Oh, I'm sorry. You're right. I haven't been to the park since reopening and from the aerial view I saw, I was thinking it was centered on the pad like Quassy's. It does seem like a really large ride area, though, doesn't it?

Can someone tell me why they're getting rid of the car ride?

I don't think they have said that it is gone. That have posted a photo showing the site being empty but does not mean it can't be moved somewhere else. I atleast hope it can

Oh, I'm sorry. You're right. I haven't been to the park since reopening and from the aerial view I saw, I was thinking it was centered on the pad like Quassy's. It does seem like a really large ride area, though, doesn't it?

That has had me scratching my head since it's installation. I mean, had they used all Diamond Plating Around the Turntable, it might suggest a future purchase of a Full Sized Tea Cup Ride. i can't think of any other Zamperla Ride that could use that small Pit, if the ride were to be re located.

Didn't the park already have a ride very similar to it... Or did that one tilt?

The one they already have is blimps and doesn't go up as high as this while this has balloons. I think the blimp one does tilt but I am not for sure.

They actually do have the tilting version ("Samba Balloon") as well:

kentucky_kingdom_6_15.jpg

(Credit goes to chadster for the photo)

There's an in-park photo of the ride on Kentucky Kingdom's Facebook page:

11073276_950179398349566_8727631210819024266_n.jpg?oh=beb4efdd1c72d4da19bb6438d350bdc4&oe=557B7F94

According to the comments, the Samba Tower is being installed in the former Rainbow location. Based on the caption KK gave the pic, I'm assuming the ride's name is Up, Up and Away.

Dang, I didn't even know they had the other one as well. I didn't spend much time at all in that area so that would explain why. I Kind of wish they would have gone with a different style of the samba tower to differentiate between the tilt version in the park.

They are going to have to scratch out Kingdom 7 and change it to Kingdom 8 now. They are airing commercials here locally now saying they are up to 8 new rides this season.

One of KK's Facebook posts actually had the hashtag #SevenOrEight in it.

The photo of the Rio Grande track says "Laying down some track. Any ideas? 7....8....lay them straight."

They mentioned 7 or 8 eight days ago they are so sneaky

Anyone know if this is skycatcher (KK fb post from today)

That's something to ponder about. They said Skycatcher is fully erected. So, what could this be? . . .