TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I happened to do a little digging, and found out that the original proposal did include a KrakenRacer.

Also, assuming the proposal costs still hold true, renovating Twisted Twins will cost about 5 million, and the swing ride costs half a million.

There was once an entire PDF file with many pages on what would have come to the park, including 3D renderings of slides. Some of it included quite a number of speed slides, including this complex...

sfslbozaipipelinecleartubes.jpg

Of course, none of them would have stood out among other water parks in the region, and we wouldn't have gotten the monstrosity that is Deep Water Dive.

he didn't know what they would do but he said they had an idea, and it its going to be first of its kind!! IDK what else they have left to do that's not been done?

First of its kind!?! I'm very intrigued.

As am I. Ed and his team always have something up their sleeves that makes the park a little more worth visiting, which is what I love about them!

he didn't know what they would do but he said they had an idea, and it its going to be first of its kind!! IDK what else they have left to do that's not been done?

First of its kind!?! I'm very intrigued.

As am I. Ed and his team always have something up their sleeves that makes the park a little more worth visiting, which is what I love about them!

Agreed. Kentucky Kingdom does unique things that make them Kentucky Kingdom.

I hate to be a downer but I think you guys are getting your hopes up with Twisted Twins. I mean KK is a small park with not a lot of money. I think if you're expecting anything even close to something like Twisted Colossus you are going to be let down. But who knows, they seem like they're really trying to shape up the park.

I hate to be a downer but I think you guys are getting your hopes up with Twisted Twins. I mean KK is a small park with not a lot of money. I think if you're expecting anything even close to something like Twisted Colossus you are going to be let down. But who knows, they seem like they're really trying to shape up the park.

I don't think money will be an issue with an investment like that. it would provide tons of revenue.

You actually kinda proved the opposing point here. A new coaster costs a hell of a lot more then an RMC retrofit. So, in reality, by using RMC a smaller park CAN have bigger standout attractions.

You actually kinda proved the opposing point here. A new coaster costs a hell of a lot more then an RMC retrofit. So, in reality, by using RMC a smaller park CAN have bigger standout attractions.

exactly!!!!! and where is the nearest RMC coaster???

Iron horse on a Steel lattice work frame would be a first....just saying.

I'd have to see if I can find it but I believe it was mentioned in some local news the amount of money they planned to spend on TT....it wasn't the same figure from Ed's first two proposals. IIRC it was drastically lower than anything that seemed to indicate a major overhaul and more like a retracking. Then there was the Business First Louisville article shortly before the park reopened that stated a "rumor" that Ed wanted to actually merge TR and TT to create the longest wooden coaster in the world and make other modifications.

With this park's current plans constantly being adjusted (aka all the new rides to try and cope with HW's new coaster) and the request to free up more money from the state, who knows what they really have in store over the next two seasons.....which reminds me, I still need to renew my pass.....LIGHTNING RUN <3

I noticed that in the park proposal it states the twisted twins will cost 4 million dollars. Does anyone know if that is a price that would cover an RMC makeover?

4 million is nowhere near how much it would cost to I-Box the Twins. Then again, plans change, so maybe those numbers were reported before they chose to do I-Box track.

^^Goliath at Six Flags Great America, about a five hour drive north. After that is Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City, over 7 hour drive west.

ok so that's a nice distance.

The closet RMC I-Box coaster is at Six Flags Over Texas. And thats 12&1/2 hours from here so thats even better

And 99% of parks guests don't care and/or have any idea what RMC and I-Box mean.

I noticed that in the park proposal it states the twisted twins will cost 4 million dollars. Does anyone know if that is a price that would cover an RMC makeover?

4 million is nowhere near how much it would cost to I-Box the Twins. Then again, plans change, so maybe those numbers were reported before they chose to do I-Box track.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that they were spending nearly 6 million dollars on it...

I don't think we'll know what's happening with this coaster until it becomes obvious/announced. That being said, it's a small coaster. Perhaps, because of its small size, if RMC were to I-box it, they could combine the tracks and shorten the layout for around $6 million. Anythings possible at this point.

I don't think we'll know what's happening with this coaster until it becomes obvious/announced. That being said, it's a small coaster. Perhaps, because of its small size, if RMC were to I-box it, they could combine the tracks and shorten the layout for around $6 million. Anythings possible at this point.

Although I have no real knowledge of these things, I think 6 million seems doable. I mean Lightning run was 7mil and they had to remove an old coaster. With this one, they would not have to do much, if any, footer construction. Plus they get to reuse some of the existing support structure. But I'm sure there are lots of variables that make this kind of project more expensive/difficult as well. One this is sure though; when they start on it, we will get to take plenty of construction update pics since its right on crittenden haha.