TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Methinks the solid color scheme of red on T3 could be their tribute to their local college - The Louisville Cardinals. We may be only seeing one part of the picture; we know the color of the layout, but what about the color of the trains? And will the trains be the same color or will one train's color be different from the other?

Wait and see, we'll just wait and see.

T3 - IT CAME BACK!

^They'll paint the trains a solid red. Restraints, seats, bars, wheels, bearings, bolts, everything. Riders will be given a red morph suit, one size fits all. In 2016 they'll repaint the concrete, fences, and plants around the ride a solid red. The park map will showcase a red blob instead of the location of a coaster. This is only phase one.

Kentucky Kingdom shot back on the lawsuit.

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/2014/10/22/evans-roller-coaster-inner-tube/17743165/

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- Kentucky Kingdom is firing back and blasting a lawsuit against the amusement park.

A woman sued, claiming she and another person fell out of a double inner tube on a water slide and got hurt.

Ed Hart said the woman who filed the lawsuit had her season pass revoked after failing to wait for a lifeguard's OK to go down a water slide.

The park said later that same day, Felicia Evans jumped a fence near a roller coaster and went into a restricted area.

A month after Evans' pass was revoked she filed the lawsuit.

Kentucky Kingdom also denies claims that lifeguards weren't properly trained.

Evans' attorney declined to comment.

I... don't think there's a reaction picture that could justify the level of face-palming right now... People can be so stupid.

Edit: The other person that sued the park was interviewed, saying he only wants his medical bill covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6XbT12btHw

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/2014/10/22/evans-roller-coaster-inner-tube/17743165/

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- Kentucky Kingdom is firing back and blasting a lawsuit against the amusement park.

A woman sued, claiming she and another person fell out of a double inner tube on a water slide and got hurt.

Ed Hart said the woman who filed the lawsuit had her season pass revoked after failing to wait for a lifeguard's OK to go down a water slide.

The park said later that same day, Felicia Evans jumped a fence near a roller coaster and went into a restricted area.

Haha! That's pretty awesome. However, in this country there are plenty of juries/judges stupid enough to still give the "victim" some money.

Did a quick swoop by the park for a look at the paintjob on T3. Just a couple buckets short of completion it seems!

IMG_9598(Edited)(800x).jpg.f9590a6b3c6198222daa690de852cf13.jpg

The single color palette will definitely make it easier to spot from a distance a train running the track.

IMG_9600(Edited)(800x).jpg.3d7f82a1c8a7bb2f603764f01747a222.jpg

IMG_9601(Edited)(800x).jpg.072e86d9d1a2dd9ff48f82073c217744.jpg

IMG_9602(Edited)(800x).jpg.926aa1db8cd155736067e182c7ca3aa3.jpg

IMG_9604(Edited)(800x).jpg.8623cb2d8ecdadef7e0fdb200ea20de5.jpg

IMG_9617(Edited)(800x).jpg.f4a42b3169e011ffcfd9ace0e98db4ce.jpg

IMG_9624(Edited)(800x).jpg.b567b7d0eacc38cb74653fee1f4e509b.jpg

The bright afternoon sun made for a badly exposed shot, but I wanted to point out how the park is introducing quite a bit of color into the lineup of rides. The blue/green/dark-green/purple of Lightning Run, the orange and red of Deep Water Dive and blue of Wave Runner, and now the red of T3, plus whatever color the new Skycatcher will be (possibly green?).

^They'll paint the trains a solid red. Restraints, seats, bars, wheels, bearings, bolts, everything. Riders will be given a red morph suit, one size fits all. In 2016 they'll repaint the concrete, fences, and plants around the ride a solid red. The park map will showcase a red blob instead of the location of a coaster. This is only phase one.

Sounds good!

^

Years ago I also rode a slide without the Lifeguards OK. Fortunately nothing bad happened and I didn't get my pass revoked. I've learned my lesson.

He didn't say. It came about from an interesting conversation where Ed brought T2 up and I think Elissa and some other folks suggested scrapping it. The back and forth between Elissa and Ed was pretty entertaining. The conversation ended with Ed saying the new trains wouldn't be Vekoma's.

He didn't say. It came about from an interesting conversation where Ed brought T2 up and I think Elissa and some other folks suggested scrapping it. The back and forth between Elissa and Ed was pretty entertaining. The conversation ended with Ed saying the new trains wouldn't be Vekoma's.

I like Vekomas new trains, the Kumba trains look funky haha

I'm pretty sure SF took the trains

If that's the case then It really should be getting Vekoma trains IMO, wheel boogies have not really been a strong side of KumbaK. I wonder if there is someone else who would be interested in manufacturing trains for SLC's, Premier comes to mind.