TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^ I think another issue is that riders could have thier body flown forward due to the forces in some parts of the ride and have their backs lunched over the lap bar which could end up getting people injured.

EDIT: Like this:

Edited by 3Mutts

^^^The thing is SLCs were designed to have OTSR and I'm not sure how "tight" some of the gaps are but, for instance, gatekeeper, which has those key holes (or any other ride with OTSR and near misses for that matter) couldn't just be switched to lap bars as riders then would be able to reach out further.

^ I think another issue is that riders could have thier body flown forward due to the forces in some parts of the ride and have their backs lunched over the lap bar which could end up getting people injured.

True. That's why, usually, rides with lap bars have more reclined seats (to make sure you don't go forward) while on some with OTSR you sit practically straight.

Random idea concerning the amphitheater:

If Cardinal Stadium gets demolished, Kentucky Kingdom should have another gate between the amphitheater and the rest of the Exposition Center property, and then one between the amphitheater and the rest of the park. The State Fair could use it for the concerts currently held at Cardinal Stadium, and the park could use it the rest of the season. This might even make it possible for Kentucky Kingdom to bring in events outside the operating season for the park. The only downside is that the amphitheater would probably have to be expanded past 5,000 seats, as some of the free concerts can draw over 10,000 people themselves. Height shouldn't be an issue given that Plummet Summit is one of the neighbors.

I'm not exactly sure where Dominator would have went at KK, I've actually heard a number of things like the parking lot that was out in front of Chang's first turn would be given over to the park from the Fair Board for use. I'm not sure it was going to be Dominator's exact layout, but it was going to be a floorless.

Well, from what I've just heard Dominator was indeed made for Kentucky Kingdom. Dominator was supposed to be built in the vampire old spot as well as the squids dry slides spot. Steel Venom could as well been originally planed for the park as well. Looking at Dominator Design/map below, their is space for a impulse coaster right behind Dominator. Steel Venom would occupy the spot Greezed Lighting occupy today. It seems things changed as soon as Six Flags purchased Geauga Lake. So as soon as that happen, Six Flags quickly purchased Road Runner Express, and In 2001, Six Flags added Sky Coaster to fill the blank space in the park.

I wish, Dominator, Steel Venom, Skycoaster, Chang, Thunder Run, Twisted Twins, and T2 would have made the park awesome!

^With where Dominator is positioned in that photo, you wouldn't have a SkyCoaster!

^^Sounds nice on paper, until you realize the amphitheater is on the complete opposite side of where the Exposition center is. So there's no possible way to directly connect the exposition center with it.

I wish, Dominator, Steel Venom, Skycoaster, Chang, Thunder Run, Twisted Twins, and T2 would have made the park awesome!

I think Lightning Run and the refurbed Thunder Run are good steps in that direction. It'll be interesting to watch this reborn park as it continues to develop.

I think Lightning Run and the refurbed Thunder Run are good steps in that direction. It'll be interesting to watch this reborn park as it continues to develop.

Yes, agreed we can only hope for an RMC conversion for Twisted Twins

A RMC refurb of Twisted Twins would be interesting. That would be the smallest coaster they have worked on to date so it would be interesting to see what kind of transformation they could provide for a ride that size. Twisted Twins only had like a 70 foot drop and honestly wasn't a very exciting ride when it was new, i'm sure RMC could breathe some life into it but I'm not sure there is enough there to turn it into a major thrill ride.

Then again, a really fun smooth dueling family coaster with some air time and over-banks might be a great option for that park.

There would be an odd segment in the middle that RMC would have to deal with (I'd imagine it being like Colossus' 2nd lift hill), but that would be awesome to see (and another slap to the face of Six Flags). If they keep on drumming up good crowds during season, and RMC isn't slammed with tons of projects in 2015, a conversion could totally be done by 2016.

A RMC refurb of Twisted Twins would be interesting. That would be the smallest coaster they have worked on to date so it would be interesting to see what kind of transformation they could provide for a ride that size. Twisted Twins only had like a 70 foot drop and honestly wasn't a very exciting ride when it was new, i'm sure RMC could breathe some life into it but I'm not sure there is enough there to turn it into a major thrill ride.

Then again, a really fun smooth dueling family coaster with some air time and over-banks might be a great option for that park.

They can always add height to the coasters structure.

Not in that location. I believe that ride actually exceeds the current height restriction in that part of the park as it was grandfathered into a new restriction.

Not in that location. I believe that ride actually exceeds the current height restriction in that part of the park as it was grandfathered into a new restriction.

Oh, I did not know that. I knew it was different in certain areas of the park. Sucks it isn't located near the front.

^That's a pretty low height limit. I didn't know they could get that small.

Yeah, not the best of situations with so much land available back there for a great new construction. That land sits right on the glide slope for the main runway at Standiford Field. I would really like to see something like Helix (with one launch instead of 2) or even a Eurofighter (even though I find them incredibly rough) instead of a structure that completely blocks the view of the park from Crittenden Dr. What should be a showcase of the park, mostly looks like a scrap yard for the neighboring auto shops.

I truly think this park could develop into one of the more unique parks in America, if it focuses on unique rides. To think that it will ever compete with Kings Island is a bit far-fetched, but I definitely think it can compete with Holiday World's dry park.