TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

All park chains do it, but isn't it false advertisement? They see a cool coaster on TV and a Kings Island logo pops up, or a Six Flags over Texas. They visit the park, and it's no where to be found. Shouldn't they atleast mention in a Lower section all the rides showed May not be in the park.

Its cheaper to use available stock media than to have a team go out and get original footage. Six Flags can't always hire a team for every single one of their parks to do a special commercial just for them, so they'll tend to borrow shared footage from their other parks (especially if it includes cool arial footage). It's been done for as long as I can remember, and I think almost every other park does it; including Cedar Fair and Disney at some points.

Some of Kentucky Kingdom's adverts use stock images from other parks for both Deep Water Dive and Lightning Run (I'm assuming is an image of Wild Thing at Valleyfair with Lightning Run's logo photoshopped to the front of the train).

Lightning Run looks like a great ride. I am trying to scrounge enough money together to visit KK early next week. When do kids in the Louisville area go back to school normally?

Make sure to visit before Thursday, the State Fair starts Thursday. Think School starts back the following week.

I was watching the 2012 announcement video for Six Flags and noticed they used Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom as shots for Six Flags Great America. Weird.

to be fair though Chang is now at SFGA, so they weren't completely lying.

Chang is at the other SFGA, that is Great Adventure (SFGAdv.)

Although didn't SFGAm consider moving Chang? That would have been weird assuming Chang wouldn't replace Iron Wolf (which has since went to SFA.)

Lightning Run looks like a great ride. I am trying to scrounge enough money together to visit KK early next week. When do kids in the Louisville area go back to school normally?

Make sure to visit before Thursday, the State Fair starts Thursday. Think School starts back the following week.

Thanks - I was hoping everyone would be back in school by then and the park would be dead. Obnoxious ten hour bus ride to Cincinnati (and then some) here i come

Edited by nolimits

I can imagine Six Flags doing this: [attachment=0]false advertising.jpg[/attachment]

While it is a good joke, they're not that stupid.

Ok what is the size limit you think on lightning

Run. I have made it on every ride it wanted at King's Island, every coaster at Cedar Point minus Mantis because shoulders and chest too big for harness. I have been on mantis so

I didn't try that hard as I hate the ride. I got on top thrill no problem. I saw lightning run has shin blockers though. I haven't tried Goliath at SFGA yet.

Although didn't SFGAm consider moving Chang? That would have been weird assuming Chang wouldn't replace Iron Wolf (which has since went to SFA.)

Yes. I believe track was even sent there at one point and it was on the agenda for final approval from the local government before they withdrew the application.

Sounds like I could be in the same boat. My legs are short and wide, but overall I am 5'11. Sounds like if I drop 20 pounds I am a sure thing. Right now I could be on the bubble. I am gonna loose weight I have before I just need to keep on it. Roller coasters and feeling better is important to me. I think I will actually do what I say this time and go next year and that way I'll hit up the T3 too. I should do things right not just to get credits lol. Probably skip the Mantis next year unless they ever do the changes to it to make it floorless as soon rumors say. You don't care if you can't ride a ride you've been on before that you don't like, but if it ends up being something good it will motivate you. Why should I wait till that happens.

If there's any thunderstorms, they'll most likely halt all operations until it begins clearing. I was next in line for LR once when it happened, and when the rain got light enough, they started it back up (best ride on it, by far!). If it's on and off light rain then I assume they'll keep running them, plus you might get lighter crowds that day.

sooooo I went to the park yesterday during the park buyout. I'm a BIG..... guy and I waited a hour in line for Lighting run . and I just knew that I would be told I couldn't ride. well let's just say that lighting run was everything that everyone has said it would be!!!!!!! that ride is nonstop power until the break run whew!!! but other than that the park looks great

Does anyone have any insight of how the park will be during the fair? I ended up missing the park last week but will be able to go on the 14. I know the park has been closed for several years so there is not recent data on crowds during the state fair. I just hope it isn't packed and stacked.

Does anyone have any insight of how the park will be during the fair? I ended up missing the park last week but will be able to go on the 14. I know the park has been closed for several years so there is not recent data on crowds during the state fair. I just hope it isn't packed and stacked.

First Day of the Fair is usually packed, but not sure how KK will be. It's separate admission from the fair this year, shouldn't be too bad.

Be warned that the water park will be closed and the park will only be open from 4-9 on that day due to the State Fair.

The 16th is national roller coaster day, and I had planned to be at a park that day which was most likely to be KK, even with the higher priced unlimited ride wristbands at the fair ($25 weekends, $20 weekdays) and higher crowds all over. If you go, like the others have said, go early. Gates open 7am, but the park opens at 1pm on weekends (4pm weekdays). Park closes 9pm and the midway closes around midnight. Be weary of high schoolers hanging out around the front of the midway near late hours.