TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^I don't really get it either. You would think that, after this happened to all these rides, parks would be aware of whatever the problem of a fast lift might be right from the start.

^I know that B&M did it because of that, but I don't really see why the speed would matter much. Maybe they just thought the layout was "too intense" (and putting too much stress on the train, wheels or track)?

My thoughts were either to reduce the work for the motor (since it's soooo hot out), or to help shave off some of the time the second train has to sit on the last block....but those other suggestions make more sense.

I am glad there has been a nice healthy turn out for the park so far, hopefully they can continue that over the next several years. I'd really like to see a few special events like haunts return since those can be pretty big draws for the GP. It's understandable having that absent since Ed had very limited time to get the park ready and open.

On the topic of twisted twins, people want the iron horse treatment but that would be strange considering that it already has steel supports, so it would just be a steel coaster that looks like a wood coaster

^I think you would be right. RMC doesn't claim their Hybrid coasters as wood, so there would be no marketing issue there trying to convince the everyone that it is a woodie. I think it is just going to be one monster of a coaster!

I would be interesting to see what RMC could do with Twisted Twins. That ride never was very good to begin with but it did have unique concept for the dueling aspect. It's also not that big and the existing layout is fairly dull, so maybe RMC could breathe some life back into it. It would be the smallest RMC coaster to date (I think), I usually think of their product as being a good fit for larger coasters that haven't aged well (Rattler, Texas Giant etc.) but I guess they could make a smaller coaster just as insane.

It would be interesting to see what they do with a smaller layout. Although, it isn't that small if they were to combine the two tracks together and make one coaster. I think New England's Cyclone is the real question of this if the rumors are true that is will get the Iron Horse treatment.

^^The finished Medusa Steel Coaster is just 98ft, down from 105ft but by all accounts is an amazing ride. i'm sure RMC could work wonders with Twisted Twins existing 80ft height or extend the lift/drop for additional length.

They always get every coaster of theirs to be fun and thrilling no matter what circumstances. I really have no doubt that the restored twisted twins will be great . . . that is if they do get the Iron Horse treatment. I has not n=been completely confirmed by the park. We can't get ahead of ourselves . . .

^In the future I think they need to add a large coaster like a B&M or something.Do they have room for a large coaster like this?

I think that they can expand in some of where the parking lot is now

^ Let's not forget that they also have the Top Eliminator Dragsters area that, while small, would provide room for a new small coaster, area with some flat rides, or even just extra space to expand Twisted Twins into if the park wants.

They are adding something else New next year along with T3 and Raging Rapids. Maybe we will see a Frisbee ride go in Top Dragsters spot, it would fill in a void between Thunder Run and Raging Rapids. It couldn't be too big because the flight path goes over that area, but it would be a nice addition.

^In the future I think they need to add a large coaster like a B&M or something.Do they have room for a large coaster like this?

I think that they can expand in some of where the parking lot is now

They would have to get permission from the Fair Board for that first, and seeing how much they use of the parking lot for the State Fair and how full the parking lots get for all the conventions and shows that happen I don't see the Fair Board allowing them to do that.

They are adding something else New next year along with T3 and Raging Rapids. Maybe we will see a Frisbee ride go in Top Dragsters spot, it would fill in a void between Thunder Run and Raging Rapids. It couldn't be too big because the flight path goes over that area, but it would be a nice addition.

Where did it say they were adding something new?

It would be awesome to see a zamperla air race.

Ed Hart has said it plenty of times, "Its all about the rides". He has said the park will add a new ride every year because that is what keeps people coming back. He learned this back in the 90s, and Holiday World had learned from Ed Hart. The park reopening T2 along with the Rapid Ride is obviously not enough for 2014 IMO. You always have to have something NEW because that is what interest people. I would love to see a coaster be added to the park next year. If that doesn't happen, then 2 Major new flats and maybe a new waterslide. Ed Hart likes to be unique, so Kentucky Kingdom could see something that is not found in the Ohio Valley ( within Kings Island, Holiday World), or something that none of us know anything about just like past rides he have added.

It would be awesome to see a zamperla air race.

Ed Hart has said it plenty of times, "Its all about the rides". He has said the park will add a new ride every year because that is what keeps people coming back. He learned this back in the 90s, and Holiday World had learned from Ed Hart. The park reopening T2 along with the Rapid Ride is obviously not enough for 2014 IMO. You always have to have something NEW because that is what interest people. I would love to see a coaster be added to the park next year. If that doesn't happen, then 2 Major new flats and maybe a new waterslide. Ed Hart likes to be unique, so Kentucky Kingdom could see something that is not found in the Ohio Valley ( within Kings Island, Holiday World), or something that none of us know anything about just like past rides he have added.

I really don't think that they will add another coaster until all existing rides are open

When I was riding Thunder Run, I managed to take a few looks around the unopened areas of the park and I saw the area between Rapids and Twins that a Dragster ride used to be, plus I also saw the old area that the Zeppelin ride used to be and a few extra buildings. Methinks that when it is time to refurbish Twins, they should also refurbish the surrounding area as well. I don't know what they will do, but based on how these currently unused buildings are constructed, I can see an old Kentucky theme going there.

I guess I gotta wait and see, wait and see . . .