TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

A girl in line for the Cinema began discussing how her mother was a pro****ute and how CPS was trying to take her away from her. Who talks about things like that so loudly?!?!

Daughters of prostitutes, mostly.

Nicknamed by "Big Mistake" by their mothers and "Not My Problem" by their baby daddy's.

I'm hoping to make another trip to the park this season, but I'm still not sure about my work schedule yet.

This was from a couple of days ago. Apparently the park instated a policy that wheelchair users were not allowed on to 16 out of the 30 rides due to employee inexperience and concern of the safety of the wheelchair users. A local news station reports that the policy has since been reversed. I was completely unaware that this was an issue at the park, but I'm glad they got it taken care of.

Read more: http://www.wnem.com/story/25855369/kentucky-kingdom-overturns-wheelchair-policy-after-troubleshooter-investigation

This was from a couple of days ago. Apparently the park instated a policy that wheelchair users were not allowed on to 16 out of the 30 rides due to employee inexperience and concern of the safety of the wheelchair users. A local news station reports that the policy has since been reversed. I was completely unaware that this was an issue at the park, but I'm glad they got it taken care of.

Read more: http://www.wnem.com/story/25855369/kentucky-kingdom-overturns-wheelchair-policy-after-troubleshooter-investigation

That seems really odd. I'm surprised that they didn't have it all figured out before they opened.

^Who said it was stuck and not parked there for a reason?

-Brian

Agreed. As a ride operator, I HATE the word "STUCK."

I usually say "stuck" during normal times when people are aboard and "parked" during testing.

Thanks guys. About that hill into the brakes, I'd definitely say it was the most violent and surprising part of the ride. The combined vertical and horizontal forces were just whoa. I got a few different shots of that part of the track and every single one of them has at least a few noteworthy facial reactions.

After going to the park many times i want to say that the park has come a long way. Everything feels new again and the staff is very friendly. There are lots of security officers and twice I saw them handling situations with rowdy people. There are a lot more families at the park and food is very reasonable. You can get two slices of pizza for 6.50 with a season pass.I did encounter a few minor hiccups, like when they started the carousel when my mom and grandmother were not on it as there did not appear to be a mirror, but overall the park was clean, friendly and efficient.

Great shots zachclarke2!

My work schedule changed so I have not been able to go to the park since opening weekend; anyone that's been there in June how has it been? Has there been a healthy crowd or has attendance appeared to slip? From those photos the park seemed to be empty; since it's so hot I figure most people would probably be at the waterpark but was wondering what people that have actually visited the park recently observed.

I was there this past Thursday and the crowds are still there. LR had a 30 minute wait, with 1 train and I waited a hour for Deep Water Dive. Hurricane Bay/Hurricane Bay Beach Club was packed and the park was moderately packed. I've been 5 times so far and each time it has been packed.

I noticed that Lightning Run now slows down before it crests the top of the lift hill instead of just rocketing over it. What's great about it is that the coaster builds more anticipation before the drop now! I was a little concerned about capacity issues or it making the ride more tame, but I haven't really noticed anything changed from how it originally ran.