TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Anne, from Irvine Ondrey Engineering (those in charge of the electrical aspect of Lightning Run), tested the ride and here is her review :

it's in my top ten now. You come into the brake run wide eyed and open mouthed because it's relentless, suprising, and intense to the very end. Absolutely breathtaking. Seriously. Not just saying that because it's our client, this is the coaster geek in me talking here. -Anne

Another good sign! I really need to get to Kentucky Kingdom this year.

Those leg restraints look annoying, hopefully the other chance versions of this that pop up wont have them. But that ride looks amazing!

I don't see a maximum rider height listed on the KK page, but I am concerned. Outlaw Run was almost unbearable for my 6-5 son. He's all legs. The shin restraint was like a bear trap. The coaster is a masterpiece but he couldn't enjoy it.

I realize that he's taller than 99 percent of the population, and no manufacturer can accommodate all body types. However, since then we are wary of lap bars with shin guards.

I know that. I'm just starting it since I'm just as surprised as you. Then again, Holiday World's water park has been operating since yesterday as well.

I'm also really glad to see rides operating from afar again, including the Ferris Wheel.

Does anyone have a beat on discounted tickets to the park? Gonna visit the Sunday after HoliWood Nights and $39.95 seems just a bit steep as I'll be skipping the water park.

I'll scour the web but figured some here have already looked.

I got to ride this today. One ride only, unfortunately. The line for the "coaster clubs" was over an hour due to one train operation and six to eight minute dispatch intervals. I assume the line for the Amazon employees (whose bosses had rented the park for the day) would be far longer, there were thousands and thousands of them. It was so busy I was not able to ride the newly repaired wooden coaster but it was reportedly running very well.

Lightning Run is spectacular.

If you like ejector air time, you will love this ride. There wasn't any "floater" air.

The transitions were very smooth. Not a bump anywhere. Very re-rideable.

I had a middle of the train seat and it was ejector. Front and back must be even better.

I've never been on a "mega light" but this must be the USA equivalent.

I can see a lot of parks buying this who don't have $20 or $30 million for a big B&M or Intamin, and it's as good as any of them. It's not as fast as i305 but it has more airtime.

You do get "stapled" on the ride and it has seatbelts, too.

If anyone makes a trip to ride this, I recommend a detour to visit Mammoth Cave, about 100 miles / 160 km. south, one of the wonders of the world. A "culture and nature credit." And Kentucky Rumbler isn't far from the cave.

I got to ride this today. One ride only, unfortunately. The line for the "coaster clubs" was over an hour due to one train operation and six to eight minute dispatch intervals.

And this is EXACTLY why TPR limits the amount of people we allow on our events and trips based on the operations of a ride. It's not "ERT" when you wait an hour plus and only get one ride on a coaster.

Glad to hear the ride is a WIN, though! I'm really looking forward to riding it after the Scandi trip.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

I got to ride this today. One ride only, unfortunately. The line for the "coaster clubs" was over an hour due to one train operation and six to eight minute dispatch intervals.

And this is EXACTLY why TPR limits the amount of people we allow on our events and trips based on the operations of a ride. It's not "ERT" when you wait an hour plus and only get one ride on a coaster.

Glad to hear the ride is a WIN, though! I'm really looking forward to riding it after the Scandi trip.

--Robb

Half of the problem was volume of people and the other half was very slow, one train operations. Supposedly the second train hadn't been certified yet for operation, but even if they had both trains today it wouldn't have sped things up at all. But it was the very first day, hopefully it will be better once they get some practice.

The park looks like it will be a success and will be flooded with customers all summer.

There were a bunch of people in the station wearing "Chance" branded jackets who looked very pleased. My guess is they will sell several of them soon (say that three times fast).