TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

It looks really good. I thought it wasn't going to be a great coaster when they presented it (it looked like it was designed in the 90's) but it has changed my mind to the point that now I love it. With that cheap price I could see a lot of them coming.

Looks awesome! I also heard on the radio this morning that Kroger is selling season passes for $69.95 (online they are $99.95). After seeing the video I just might have to do that instead this year!

I think it looks a little bit rattly, I hope it's because of a bad camera mounting. Otherwise it seems to haul A$$ after it enters the high speed curves.

The camera mount does seem to be a little loose; we will know Saturday how LR rides though.

It does seem loose as even on the lift hill it shakes a bit.

The pacing looks pretty good! And so does its twistyness!!!

^^ The abrupt airtime doesn't surprise me.....if Phantom's Revenge taught me anything, it's that Morgan can do abrupt airtime!!

Lightning Run looks quite awesome!! I love how fast it tears through the course. And the airtime does appear to be quite strong, which is of course a great thing! I also like the look of those quick turns right before the final bunny hops. Just looks like a real winner overall. Hopefully it rides as wonderfully as it looks like it does! I also dig the look of that metallic purple train!

Now to somehow find my way to Kentucky......

I'm probably going to open up a can of worms, but...

Sheesh, those lap restraints look restrictive. I'd rather have trains with closed fronts instead of those shin bar thingies.

Wow, if this is the cheaper alternative to the Intamin Mega-Lite, I won't be surprised when it starts popping up at parks around the world. High quality for a lower price than the competition - nothing could really make for a more competitive option.

I'm not sure how it would compare to the megalite price wise. There's no transatlantic shipping to consider, and also the deal is fully done in the same country as it is built. If these were to be considered they would probably end up similar in costs.

But it is definitely a great opportunity for Chance to conquer the US market, even though I wish you get a megalite soon.

Wow, that purple sure does pop.

What I'm hope that happens is, with companies like Mack and Chance Morgan showing they can create awesome 'lite' designs and parks showing an openness to purchasing these coasters, maybe Intamin will start to push their Megalite models a little more to stay ahead. We could be on the verge of a bit of a coaster war again, instead this time the idea is smaller instead of taller.

I'm probably going to open up a can of worms, but...

Sheesh, those lap restraints look restrictive. I'd rather have trains with closed fronts instead of those shin bar thingies.

They are almost completely identical to Outlaw Run and that ride kicks a$$.

Just watched the ridercam . . . the ride looks even more intense from that angle! This coaster seems to get MORE intense as the coaster goes on, so the riders should slam into the brakes with a smile on their faces - definetely no letdown.

Anne, from Irvine Ondrey Engineering (those in charge of the electrical aspect of Lightning Run), tested the ride and here is her review :

it's in my top ten now. You come into the brake run wide eyed and open mouthed because it's relentless, suprising, and intense to the very end. Absolutely breathtaking. Seriously. Not just saying that because it's our client, this is the coaster geek in me talking here. -Anne