TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Is there no cat walk up the lift ill? Doesn't look like there is any railing either on the small part on the top of the lift hill.

Those will probably be added later. There is still alot of work to do.

^^ And no. There is no train in the station. Look hard enough and you'll see

I took the image into Photoshop and changed the brightness and contrast. It actually looks like something might be sitting on the tracks if you "look hard enough".

1421680621_ScreenShot2014-04-24at1_55_53PM.thumb.png.1ba9ad5369db8d3c32af0cd543af41e9.png

Is there no cat walk up the lift ill? Doesn't look like there is any railing either on the small part on the top of the lift hill.

Those will probably be added later. There is still alot of work to do.

^^ And no. There is no train in the station. Look hard enough and you'll see

The harder I look, the more I see something...I don't know if that something is a train or not but there is something.

I think the transitions looks very good, nothing awkward.

You guys should be thankful that this thing is not on Lightning Run, hopefully not on T2 as well.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398360962.840907.jpg[/attachment]

God! That shouldn't be acceptable anywhere! Even for a knock-off SLC!

Eh, considering this is designed by Alan Schilke, I think it will be fine! Those RMC coasters are silky smooth. I think the awkward track style just makes it look that way.

I'm pretty sure that is only speculation, we only know for sure that Alan has been involved with the trains.

The transitions on Lightning Run look like the ones on a Newton-y NoLimits Coaster. If you've "ridden" one in NL, you know that those rides, although their transitions look horrendously ugly, have zero lateral forces, and are actually smooth. Pretty sure this will be the case on this ride. I honesty believe this ride will be pretty smooth!

^ They were never coming to SFKK, not enough room and Height Restrictions.

The Height restriction for the park in 200ft in certain areas. There was plenty of room, and there still is.

Dominator was supposed to go where sky coaster and Road Runner sits...If you look at the lift hill on that ride, it was designed that way because it was going to be along side Ring Road.

Steel Venom was going to be located where Greezed Lightning is located.

I am not sure about the flying coaster.

Also...several kids rides and the thriller bees ride where all transferred from Kentucky Kingdom to Geauga Lake.

IIRC (which is a big IF) X-Hawk Fire Flight was going into the parking lot. Not sure if it was going in the lot in front of BKF/SUF/pirate ship, or the huge lot that's always been underdeveloped for possible KK expansion...

image.jpg.b11df41432e17a8e70dec29664797bdf.jpg

(1A is the current lot used for the Thrillway at the KYSF, C is the rest of the area; pay no attention to 1B or D!)

It's not a huge secret BKF was originally intended for SFKK though; don't even have to look hard to see how BKF's layout fits into that section of the park. But the past is the past; just glad to see this park attempting another revival instead of going the SFNO route. I will definitely be there opening day rain or shine, grass or dirt!

Just because he designed a different type of coaster doesn't mean it will be smooth.

I heard a rumor that many of Gueagu Lake's rides were meant to be sent to KK. Such as Dominator, Steel Venom, and X-Flight. Is there any truth to this?

X-Flight was originally going to go to Paramount's Kings Island but Paramount's parks was having trouble with stealth so Six flags bought their orders for twp Flying Dutchmen. Dominator would not have been able to fit into the park. I think Steel Venom was meant to go to Geauga Lake. They were going to retheme Chang to Riddler's Revenge and T2 was going to be Batman: The Ride.

I'm by the park now and did not see any trains anywhere on the track of Lightning Run. I did get a clear view of the flying scooters though, and the top portion of the park's tallest slide had been installed and boy is it TALL!

Like I said much earlier, this slide is BIG. Oh, and surprise, it's a 70 degree drop capsule slide!

1221186734_IMG_1221(Edited)(1000x)(WaterSlideDatabase).thumb.jpg.c0fd6aaebc8a094495d2a36f48572726.jpg

Deep Water Dive's 121 feet, compared to T2's 101.7 feet.

3746585_IMG_1229(Edited)(1000x)(WaterSlideDatabase).thumb.jpg.599733bbda0cb81858d0a2330a7e031b.jpg

Sorry, no ski lifts found here.

178215572_IMG_1245(Edited)(1000x)(WaterSlideDatabase).thumb.jpg.95c6febe894872b1f9eb9956b6653085.jpg

The other slide (blue) is also coming together and will start on a platform far below DWD. (Imagine the airtime you'd get if they connected from where they're at though. O-O )

1337933990_IMG_1247(Edited)(1000x)(WaterSlideDatabase).thumb.jpg.0ef97910ad8094396f330156687a26b8.jpg

I dismissed this being a drop capsule slide long ago... but yet, this happens!

There was a crane moving stuff around near the bottom of Deep Water Dive, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had just installed the thing this morning. That entire slide section has to be lowered into the structure and bolted into place!