TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^me neither, the track color is okay but the supports kind of ruin the scheme. Regardless the ride will be fantastic.

I agree.

A solid white, black or yellow would work. Or pull a Leviathan with near identical colors.

I wonder if other coaster sights devote this many posts arguing over the color of a coaster?

This is pretty astounding. Here and (classic) Kings Island fansites are arguing about what true color the ride is. Who gives a flying f%ck? I'm interested in how the ride runs! I'll be there this summer to experience the ride, not paying really any attention to the ride's color scheme or what type of blue/green it is. I like to pay attention to what type of airtime/restraints/forces a coaster has.

I wonder if other coaster sights devote this many posts arguing over the color of a coaster?

This is pretty astounding. Here and (classic) Kings Island fansites are arguing about what true color the ride is. Who gives a flying f%ck? I'm interested in how the ride runs! I'll be there this summer to experience the ride, not paying really any attention to the ride's color scheme or what type of blue/green it is. I like to pay attention to what type of airtime/restraints/forces a coaster has.

Why would a KI thread---ours or elsewhere---care about the color of this ride? And why are you posting about it here?

Back row, anyone??

Aye.

Lovin' the look of that first drop so far, and can't wait until the whole track is completed soon! I'm feeling a lot less doubtful about whether they can get it chained, hooked up, and testing on time.

This ride really looks promising. I have a question regarding its engineering. Does Chance calculate the forces or is it done by Ride Centerline Inc.(Alan Shilke's firm)? I read that Shilke is designing the trains and at the same time I know the company's older coasters were designed by Steve Okamoto. If Shilke is involved I think it's safe to say he's become the Werner Stengel of the United States.

Wow. This is getting me excited. I have never been to Kentucky Kingdom but I have always been cheering for it. I always hate to see a park die and I am so happy to get to see the re-birth of this park. I really believe that KK is going to be a success story. I really wish I could take some time off this summer and drop by. Lightning Run looks amazing. I think any park in the country would gladly have a coaster like this one. Kentucky Kingdom is lucky.