TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Did he really say he wants to add say Twisted twins and Thinder run together? Or just add on to Thunder Run in 2016? Or is it just another gimmick for the public?

I think he wants to connect the two sides of the Twisted Twins together into only one coaster

That world's longest wooden coaster could easily turn into the world's longest pain ride if the don't maintain it.

Kentucky Kingdom has such an ambitious construction schedule! I'm sure the project managers are on top of things, but part of me just doesn't think everything will be ready by opening day.

How do they plan on opening in time? By having ACE members help...

Kentucky Kingdom Klean-Up

Sat. April 5 (rain or shine)

Volunteer Duties: Working with horticulture department, park services (sweeping and general light clean-up), stocking building, etc. (**Release forms required for all volunteers.)

https://www.facebook.com/ACEMidwest

I'm slightly confused - the park has a huge amount of people turn out for jobs but turns to local community to volunteer? Perhaps this is more of a goodwill play on ACE's part but still a little strange.

Volunteer Duties: Working with horticulture department, park services (sweeping and general light clean-up), stocking building, etc. (**Release forms required for all volunteers.)

I'm slightly confused - the park has a huge amount of people turn out for jobs but turns to local community to volunteer? Perhaps this is more of a goodwill play on ACE's part but still a little strange.

Or maybe it's a new exercise program for ACErs...

I'm sorry, but I had to say it. This is pretty interesting though.

This would be a great photo opportunity.

Or maybe it's a new exercise program for ACErs...

I'm sorry, but I had to say it. This is pretty interesting though.

Shots fired!

Just to let you know, we are hard at work to meet the opening date for Lightning Run. I stopped by our panel shop today to check on progress of the control system cabinets and everything is coming along nicely. Here are a few shots as the panel guys are laying out the hardware for the control cabinets according to our specifications. We will keep updating our facebook page as ride construction progresses!

IMG_0511.thumb.JPG.afe721bce07150cefc082170cbda4850.JPG

Main disconnect panel

IMG_0512.thumb.JPG.292ed7c046dc2513c3529d11d0625ccd.JPG

Cabinets waiting for equipment to be installed

IMG_0513.thumb.JPG.7dd7dbf46f8858fee5874d4b52654f45.JPG

Motor control panel

IMG_0514.thumb.JPG.b0e89c9acfbbcdfc75bae9d2e973dafa.JPG

PLC panel

-Brian

Volunteers are free, you have to pay employees. Lol.

Like what's on Arkham Asylum? If yes, then I sure hope so. That'd make T2 the top coaster in the park when it opens, if what the few reviews of it are to be true (unless the roughness is just too overpowering, considering it shakes your entire body than just bobble your head around). Great to have reassurance of this happening, and great to see one of the new water slides near completion of layout!

A lot of Ace members, or people in general that really enjoy a local theme park, would love to help that park fix their stuff and grow. This gives the park an opportunity to get good pub, gives those people a chance to be able to say, "Yeah, I helped them open!" and gets them free labor, it's really win-win.

I wouldn't put any stock into this being a huge money thing. Wouldn't you love to be able to say that you helped your childhood park reopen?

^ Great news! Maybe it will use KumbaK trains?

More likely redesigned Vekoma trains like the ones that run on The Great Nor'easter.

You don't often see this many smiles on an SLC, but the new trains really did make a difference!

Edited by jedimaster1227

I figure they're going to be using the new Vekoma trains too, since I have a feeling they'll be working with them anyways getting the whole coaster back into a decent shape.

The Kumbak trains look nice, but I've heard they were quite pricey, even without the on-board audio and theming, they also had to install a new magnetic braking system as well. I've also seen some strange modifications done to their trains from what's seen on their promotional images. For some reason on the SLC trains, there's a new strap that attaches to the restraint arm and the strap closet to it, like it's almost there to prevent you from raising the outside arms. Rather strange looking. Was trying to see if I could find a picture of it, but couldn't find one.