TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

it's not Chang or 150 ft. tall but it looks like a blast.

Thank God it's not Chang!! Six Flags removing Chang is the best thing they could've ever done for KK, IMO. I despise stand ups, and while it was better than most, it was still pretty "meh". Lightning Run looks great!

Now if only they would remove T2! I am one of the few that actually enjoys most SLCs, and even I thought T2 was terrible.

I wish they would remove T2 as well. As it has already been mentioned, it is the only dry ride in that area of the park now. Also removing it and replacing it with a different Coaster would be far more beneficial for KK. And another benefit, removing it would open up yet more space for the Water Park.

^As much as I do like what they're doing with the water park, I'd rather that spot be replaced by a dry ride like a roller coaster or a large footprint flat ride. Before any of that happens though, I'd love to see how any new Vekoma trains would perform on its tracks.

^As much as I do like what they're doing with the water park, I'd rather that spot be replaced by a dry ride like a roller coaster or a large footprint flat ride. Before any of that happens though, I'd love to see how any new Vekoma trains would perform on its tracks.

Before the announcements came and people thought KK was getting a frisbee instead of the drop tower we're actually getting, someone said they hoped it was a HUSS Giant.

...I absolutely love maXAir/Delirium, and if KK were to replace T2 with one of those they'd have my money in a heartbeat. They already kinda do; I certainly wouldn't mind a quick trip to KK from here in Nashville, or on the way to GrAm or KI!

I don't want them to replace T2 because I need the credit!

Seriously though, SLC's might be terrible rides, but they make for easy marketing as a big time thrill ride. So long as it is reliable for the park, I can't imagine it going anywhere for awhile.

^ And unfortunately, T2 is considered one of the worse SLCs. I say that Kentucky Kingdom should just scrap it, because there is plenty of better use of that real estate.

It's not that easy to just scrap a ride especially for a "new" park. Kentucky Kingdom will need rides to attract interest, even if the rides don't appeal to enthusiasts. The GP still love anything that goes upside down.

Also, not does would it cost money to build something new, the cost for coaster removal is not cheap.

When Ky. Kingdom opened for it's very first year, the Bumper Cars were in the building that they're moving them back too. I can't wait to ride Lightning Run, the train is ultra cool. The ride layout looks fun and I think it's perfect for a new opening, yeah it's not Chang or 150 ft. tall but it looks like a blast.

I Purchased my Season Pass last night, come on Summer!

I thought I remembered them in that building. Thanks for confirming it for me.

^ And unfortunately, T2 is considered one of the worse SLCs. I say that Kentucky Kingdom should just scrap it, because there is plenty of better use of that real estate.

Yeah, I still say scrap the thing and use the property for a new better Coaster, or more Water Park Expansion lol!

I think that if T2 is getting this much work done on it, then it will be a great ride! I wonder why the other bad Vekoma SLCs don't get this treatment, haha! Personally it seems odd to me that a park/company works on improving a ride and after, the ride still sucks.

Yeah, I still say scrap the thing and use the property for a new better Coaster, or more Water Park Expansion lol!

I think that if T2 is getting this much work done on it, then it will be a great ride! I wonder why the other bad Vekoma SLCs don't get this treatment, haha!

There is no evidence that this treatment makes the ride that much better

^^ I hope they don't paint it like that again, it looks terrible imo.

I think that photo only gives the ride a yucky strong "glow" to it. Compared to its current solid black, any color is good color, even if it's going to be painted another solid color... Makes it look fresh, especially if they add new trains.

Edited by Midgetman82