TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Yeh, I think we are assuming the 2015 is the SLC getting updated and 2016 would be the Twister Twins overhaul. Since the location on the park map matches their current locations.

The twisted twins getting an RMC overhaul would be amazing, however I agree with Elissa, lets scrap the SLC.

Let's hope when the SLC says 'coming soon', that they will actually just put some other coaster in that place!

Yeh, I think we are assuming the 2015 is the SLC getting updated and 2016 would be the Twister Twins overhaul. Since the location on the park map matches their current locations.

The twisted twins getting an RMC overhaul would be amazing, however I agree with Elissa, lets scrap the SLC.

But 2015 will be T2's 20th birthday, shouldn't the glorious SLC reign supreme for at least 20 more years?

Let me do an "official" New Website is UP post!

Hurricane Bay:[/b]

New Wave Pool!

New Adventure River!

New Plummet Summit Family Raft Ride!

New Speed Slide Complex w/ America's tallest water slide!

New WIKIWIKI WAI SLIDE COMPLEX!

New WAIKIKI WIPE OUT (Bowl)

New KILAUEA (Proslide Tantrum?)

Americas tallest water slide.... wow something bigger is coming than the one schlitterbahn is building already?

We'll I hear this slide is 121 ft tall. Schlitterbahn kc's verruct is planned to be 180 ft tall. So I'm not quit sure what they were thinking but maybe the didn't know about schlitterbahn

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet....

While *I* personally think it's great, does anyone else think it's sort of weird they are adding a drop tower for their re-opening year? Seems to me that's just asking for the press to bring up the accident. And that's only because the press are dumb and would be looking for a headline...

Maybe they're trying to prove it was a freak accident, and they believe that their drop towers are all very safe.

I noticed that the old attitudes gift shop (the one that chang's corkscrew went over) is one of the few buildings not to be numbered on the park map. I wonder if it will just be used for park storage now. It seems like it would be more usefull selling waterpark things, but maybe not.

This is a much better Coaster than I expected, so I'm pleasantly surprised! The Water Park looks nice, and I'm sure it will make a lot of guests happy. I wish the Drop Tower had been placed in a different location, but still a nice addition. I look forward to visiting KK next Summer!

I'm really surprised about the Morgan... But it looks like a great ride! I really like the layout. It looks like it will have a good mix of laterals and airtime.

The drop tower looks awesome too! I find it funny how the Larson/ARM are the more budget friendly towers but are far better than Intamin and S&S ones that are double their size.

^Looks like it will be very fun. Not intense, but FUN. Some people are disappointed that it isn't an Intamin Megalite, but it should offer a similar experience. I was really excited when the Chance Hyperlite concept first appeared on the boards, and I'm very excited one is being built. I think the ride could be a big hit, I should be able to make a stop in Kentucky this summer and I'm really looking forward to this one.

^^It is kinda weird, but I think since this drop tower is so significantly different from the one that the accident occurred on, people may be able to tell the difference. Then again, people and the press are stupid so there may be some controversy.

Never underestimate exactly how dumb the press can be or the people who listen to them.

Remember, I was on that panel for Headline News about the Texas Giant accident and how many facts and figures did they get wrong? Including often showing a completely different ride than the Texas Giant and people still convinced there wasn't "two clicks."

I just worry that someone will pick up on this and bring back the old drop tower incident.

Never underestimate exactly how dumb the press can be or the people who listen to them.

Remember, I was on that panel for Headline News about the Texas Giant accident and how many facts and figures did they get wrong? Including often showing a completely different ride than the Texas Giant and people still convinced there wasn't "two clicks."

I just worry that someone will pick up on this and bring back the old drop tower incident.

Maybe they're counting on some negative coverage under the philosophy of "all publicity is good publicity". Some people might be scared away by the negative coverage, while others might say, "Oh, that's right. Kentucky Kingdom is reopening."

Didn't the park have a SLC? I didn't see it on the map.....I know Chang was taken out a few years ago and GL recently but I thought they had a SLC. I think the new coaster their putting in is Chance Morgan meets Vekoma. Glad to see the park gearing up again.

Didn't the park have a SLC? I didn't see it on the map.....I know Chang was taken out a few years ago and GL recently but I thought they had a SLC. I think the new coaster their putting in is Chance Morgan meets Vekoma. Glad to see the park gearing up again.

I kind of remember hearing about the park keeping that ride closed until 2015 for some TLC.

Wow, its awesome to see a new Morgan coaster after so many years, and this one looks like its going to be a heck of a lot of fun!

I for one am excited about all the New Addition's, The Coaster looks fantastic, love the Larson Drop Towers and the thing I'm most excited for is a Sea-Lion Show " going to try and get a position in that show". I will most likely get a job there again, I worked there for 5 Season's, would really like to work with the Sea-Lion's " have worked with Wild Animals in my past", worked for 2 different Zoo's If I can't work with the Sea-Lions, I will go back into Rides. The Waterpark addition's look great also, giving Splashin' Safari a run for it's money, may just get a Season Pass here and forget about Holiday World this year.

I am very excited to see the hyper-lite come to fruition (also I love the addition of a Larson drop-tower!) I noticed the on track on LR is different than in the early hyper-lite demo. Also, the trains appear more like the ones B&M made for Steel Dragon 2000 though with the bogies/guide-wheels running on the inside of the older-style morgan track. I wonder if that's relevant or if the demo is off. Can't wait either way!

Edited by firewalk13