TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^^My only worry on that is capacity since it runs one train, and it usually takes a while for people to get the vests on and checked by ride ops considering other Vekoma flyers out there with slow operations (i.e., Firehawk). I think a Sky Rocket coaster sounds pretty appropriate for a park like KK, actually.

My pipe dream is for either a mega-lite, or an extended SkyLoop like Abismo!

^^My only worry on that is capacity since it runs one train, and it usually takes a while for people to get the vests on and checked by ride ops considering other Vekoma flyers out there with slow operations (i.e., Firehawk). I think a Sky Rocket coaster sounds pretty appropriate for a park like KK, actually.

My pipe dream is for either a mega-lite, or an extended SkyLoop like Abismo!

Actually, I'd love to see what a 2nd gen Flying Dutchman would look like and think one of these could possibly be a good fit for KK. I actually like the old ones and Firehawk, when I rode it as X-Flight the opening summer, was operating 3 trains as designed. I have confidence that a new Vekoma flyer would be pretty good.

Actually, I'd love to see what a 2nd gen Flying Dutchman would look like and think one of these could possibly be a good fit for KK. I actually like the old ones and Firehawk, when I rode it as X-Flight the opening summer, was operating 3 trains as designed. I have confidence that a new Vekoma flyer would be pretty good.

There is a new generation available, it would look like this, and have the new track system, and the same new train as the Stingray.

It's pretty dope if you ask me, and I would love for it to be built somewhere near me (or just somewhere!).

Source

There is a new generation available, it would look like this, and have the new track system, and the same new train as the Stingray.

It's pretty dope if you ask me, and I would love for it to be built somewhere near me (or just somewhere!).

Source

I wouldn't expect a Flying Dutchman considering their close proximity to Kings Island. Even though that would be nice.

New Facebook photo of land clearing for the waterpark expansion (The old Chang site, taken from T2)

Now things is starting to get real interesting!

^ I've also noticed that Vekoma did not improve the lift hill design. But then again, who doesn't want to be torched in 100+ degree weather by blinding sunlight

It's because Vekoma believes it's better to have people on their back, rather than hanging, in case of an emergency evacuation on the lift.

^^^^^^ Holy cow, they totally obliterated a whole line of trees and practically expanded the park's footprint! There was an unused spot way back there that had dirt covered concrete and was probably used as a parking lot overflow, I assume, many years ago. Last I was there, I was able to grab photos of T2.

A quote from kentucky Kingdom Facebook

I apologize for the late posting, but we've been extremely busy these past few days getting everything ready for the announcement, which will be very soon!

I was just thinking if the announcement doesn't happen soon, is it perhaps a new coaster concept that will be revealed at IAAPA. They have been able to do a good job with keeping this coaster a mystery.

I'm not expecting anything big. But their marketing department sure is doing a good job keeping people hooked...

I'm expecting a reasonably major coaster, considering they've lost their two major steel coasters (Chang, Greased Lightning). I don't think it'll be anything ground-breaking, but hopefully it'll be a launched Premier coaster or some type of Intamin. Whatever it is, we'll apparently find out tomorrow.

Looks like a custom version of one of those Chance/Morgan hyper-lites! It looks pretty fun actually, really hoping I can make it to the park next year.

Lightning will strike at the Kingdom in 2014! This new ten-story steel coaster starts off with a pulse-pounding, 100-foot, 80-degree drop! That’s almost straight to the ground! Check out a video preview of the thrills Lightning Run has in store for you!

Looks like there will also be a new freefall, bumper cars, flying scooters, and a 5D theater. Among the many rides that they are restoring.

Edited by robbalvey

The coaster looks good, but the other announcements are even better.

122 foot tall world's largest waterslide

A new drop tower

$60 season pass, $45 day ticket

A bunch of new water slides and family attractions

I think this park has a good future.