TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

There's a Matterhorn ride there that looked pretty boring, but they also have a different Himalaya as well. I rode that one, and it was actually pretty decent, with one of the bumps giving slight airtime! My neck was a little sore from keeping my head up, though.

The video finally finished uploading if anyone's interested. 8 minutes of all of the major rides from this year.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kentucky_kingdom.htm

Everyone is wondering just what kind of coaster Kentucky Kingdom may bring in to replace the void left behind by the departure of Chang. While I’ve been wondering if Ed Hart may be looking into buying Time Machine from the closed Freestyle Music Park, other rumors suggest that he may also be in talks with Intamin over buying the first Intamin Mega-Lite for North America.

If you aren’t familiar with it, the Intamin Mega-Lite is an off the shelf but very intense junior sized hypercoaster style layout, but one that has proven to be very popular with enthusiasts due to a fast and very intense ride experience.

Meanwhile Kentucky Kingdom has now set up their own YouTube channel so they can quickly update everyone on the latest progress and ride testing taking place in order to reopen the park in time for 2014. This week’s episode focuses on the renovation of the waterpark.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

If it wasn't going to be Holiday World to get one, then Kentucky Kingdom would. Obviously I wouldn't oppose them in trying to fit one into the park. I thought they mentioned a family coaster, though? These things don't seem very "family-friendly" to me.

It would be interesting if Kentucky Kingdom does get the first Mega Lite in the US.

Didn't they also have the first SLC in the country too, the one called T2? I rode that

back in 1995 when it was all red and shiny new.

I would put my money on Time Machine. I would think they want to get the most bang for there buck and that fits the bill. I used coaster is going to be way cheaper then a new one. Still hope that somewhere in the US a megalite gets installed!

I would put my money on Time Machine. I would think they want to get the most bang for there buck and that fits the bill. I used coaster is going to be way cheaper then a new one.

We don't even know if Time Machine is for sale, it's been sitting there for a few years now, why all of a sudden would they want to sell it?

But as you said, it would fit the bill perfect.

Time Machine if it were to come to KK, it would have to go where Chang was; which the waterpark expansion will be utilizing. It's too big to fit where the current coaster will be going (not to mention TM's elements are mainly focused on the left hand side of the lift hill which would either place it right over the road or they'd have to take out a good chunk of that side of the park). I would love to see a megalite, and it seems like one could fit in the space with maybe a little customization, but I'm still thinking Euro-fighter or S&S Launch.

A mega-lite would definitely be welcome but I also like the looks of the latest Premier LSM's. Either way, as others have mentioned, I'm just psyched to have a chance to visit this park. A few years ago that looked pretty unlikely.

Anyone know what the height restriction for the mega-lites is?

The New Coaster is going where Greezed Lightning, Roadrunner and the Sky Coaster where. Think compact

If designers were to get really creative, it would involve taking up space above Tin Lizzie's trail (antique cars that ran underneath the bridge and Greezed Lightnin's queue). Adding in the possibility of that space, and I don't think you'd necessarily have to think very compact, except for height.

How about a RMC that is smaller than Outlaw Run? Outlaw Run cost $10,000,000 and a smaller RMC could cost less. As for the space, It is RMC! They can build Goliath at SFGAm, why couldn't they fit a coaster into Chang's area?

But I think RMC will start to raise the price. They make fantastic rides with a really competitive price to Intamin and B&M. Raising the price in a reasonable range won't influence them but would influence a park like this.

They can build Goliath at SFGAm, why couldn't they fit a coaster into Chang's area?

The new ride won't go in Chang's spot, the new water park is going there. The new ride will go where the Schwarzkopf, that is now removed, stood.

How about a RMC that is smaller than Outlaw Run?

Rumour says that the Twisted Twins will be getting a makeover by RMC, so they will probably have nothing to do with the new for 2014 coaster.

Personally I hope for Intamin here. It would be nice for them to build a smaller coaster in the states, it's been a while now.

A standard Megalite will not fit the space given, but I know that they can custom the crap out of those things!