TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bay Area Bash! Six Flags Discovery Kingdom!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- 10:15 - 10:30 - Early rides on Medusa!

Is that a typing error or are you really only getting 15 minutes?

Awwww....is 15 minutes no enough for you? Ohh, boo hoo...

We could go back to have *NO* ERT on Medusa!

It honestly took me quite a bit of back and forth with the park to convince them to let us have a little bit of time on Medusa in the morning before the public came in.

You know, I didn't have to put forth that effort.

You know, I could have just left it as no ERT on Medusa.

You know, you could just wait in line with the public like everyone else.

You know, you don't have to now.

Quit your bitching.

expeditioneverestfan, you do realize one of the reasons we DO NOT open up more TPR tour days to the public is because of comments like yours. We put in SO MUCH work into these tours and events only to have rude, obnoxious comments like yours ruin it for us. (us meaning Robb & Elissa - the people who spend HUNDREDS of hours putting this stuff together so all of you can have fun.) We can only take so much complaining from so many people that we finally just say "fuck it! Let's not invite anyone who isn't part of the official tour! It's just too much of a headache!"

The members who sign up for the tours and pay the higher price premium for the ENTIRE tour absolutely understand the work that goes into these trips. If they didn't, they wouldn't be paying for them.

But it seems like EVERY TIME I open up one of our trip days to the public forum I get some kind of obnoxious comments like "What, you mean there is *ONLY* 15 minutes of ERT on Medusa???" "What do you mean there is no season pass price?" "Hey Robb, Sorry, I can't make it to the park when the tour bus shows up, can I just show up later? Can you just stop what you're doing and run up to the front of the park and meet me because I can't be bothered to drag my a$$ out of bed to meet up with the tour? Would you mind going that extra mile for me? And you know, I'll only complain about something later? PLEEEEAASEE?"

It really does take a TON of time and effort to put together these events with each park. The best way to describe it is like each day is sort of like putting together a wedding.

You have at least 50 guests. You're dealing with event management, group sales, catering departments, special arrangements, photographers, transportation, accomodations, etc, etc... Some people have special needs, there are going to be special requests, each park is different from another and you have to deal with different methods of payment and for many of our trips - several different currencies. Some parks require sending insurance forms, some parks want you to fax everything, some parks work via email, some parks work via phone calls. All of this has to be coordinated.

Some parks I have logged over *FIFTY* different phone calls or emails to get everything settled. And that is just for *ONE* park!

Those of you who have put on a wedding you know exactly what I mean.

Now try doing that 55 times a year!

It's really, really, really freaking TIME CONSUMING!!!

So if I'm getting bent out of shape by someone saying "Wha? 15 minutes of ERT? Are you kidding? THAT FREAKING SUCKS!!!!" This is why.

Seriously, we would open up each day of our trip to the public if it wasn't for the additional headache it would put on us. And to be honest, it saddens me that is the reality of things.

I hope you all can understand and appreciate my little rant. But I just felt it was important for all of you to know exactly why we do what we do, and why we don't open up our days to more people when we come through town.

Honestly, I just want everyone to come to this event have HAVE FUN! That is why we do what we do. Having to field complaints like this just makes it really hard for us to keep putting on events.

Thank you for listening.

--Robb

I am *really* looking forward to this now.

It's not just 15 minutes of early rides on Medusa, it's 15 minutes of early rides on Medusa after a 45 minute exclusive tour and with another hour of ERT on other rides in the evening - and in case you didn't get enough time on Medusa earlier on, half price Flash Passes for the rest of the day!

Oh, and I forgot, lunch and plenty of hours to see the rest of the park, and all for about the same price as normal admission.

I almost didn't post here because it felt like things were getting a little bit heated but I thought I really had to point out that it's actually pretty obvious, even without being there, that masses of effort goes into organising these events.

So, thanks Robb and Elissa, looking forward to meeting you for the West Coast Tour next week!

As always, the people complaining are not even going to the event! Typical.

People really don't realize the INSANE amount of work Robb & Elissa put into these trips and events. Trust me, most of you would not be able to do this. I know I wouldn't be able to do it. It requires more effort and work and time than you can possibly imagine. And opening these trip days up as an event makes ever MORE work for them! The lack of appreciation some people have amazes me.

The trips are awesome fun, and I always recommend them to people. But it makes me nuts when people whine about stuff, especially when it's something where something was set up to make the trip/event BETTER. It's like getting a bag full of money, and then complaining that there are too many $20 bills. I do not get it. Then again, some people just have to complain about everything.

I think anyone at the event that complains should be fed to the tigers that morning...

dt

I'm sorry my question became so heated. I really want to just forget about it. I never meant to be rude so I'm really sorry if it came off as that. I know that Robb puts a lot of work into these trips and events and they turn out great. I only asked because the next thing wasn't for a while so I thought it might be a typing error. Ok? That's the only reason I asked. I thought if someone who was going was wondering about it too, that I clear it up. I've never been on a TPR trip or SFDK so I don't know how much you can done in 15 minutes. Yes, I now see that I should have worded my question differently. I'm sorry this whole thing started. And I completely understand what you said Robb. I'm really really sorry.

As always, the people complaining are not even going to the event! Typical.

I'm not complaining. I was trying to ask a simple question. I understand I should have worded it differently but I was never complaining!

I'm not complaining. I was trying to ask a simple question. I understand I should have worded it differently but I was never complaining!

The fact that everyone who responded after you posted thought you were complaining says that perhaps you should read, and then re-read your post before you click "submit."

While you didn't THINK you were complaining, clearly it was taken that way. And who are you going to blame? The original poster or everyone else who thought your message was something different than what you intended it to be?

I accept your apology. Thank you. But please try to understand how your words can affect others in the future.

--Robb "Think before you post..." Alvey

But why would you even take the time to ask the question, if you are not going to be at the event? It comes across as either you are pointing out that Robb made a mistake (and you want to be the one to catch it) or it is a back-handed compliment. Neither one is good.

If you were that interested, you would have clearly read that this is a pure bonus on top of the nighttime ERT.

Enabling the TPR Group to be first in line on a ride before the park opens is just another way Robb and Elissa go above and beyond to provide incremental value for TPR members.

Everyone needs to think before they just make posts. We've seen a lot of senseless questions on TPR lately.

Robb, despite the comments, I hope you and Elissa know how many people do appreciate what you do and how much work you put into these trips and events.

I know I do, and am very much looking forward to this and future events.

Also, I'm sure that everybody doing the actual event was already planning on going to Medusa as soon as the park opened anyway. I know that we were. Not only will that extra 15 minutes allow everybody to get a ride or two, but it will also allow there not to already be a full-queue when the GP get's in.

It's a win/win all the way around. And again, something that Robb didn't have to ask/work for and the park didn't have to give.

^I'm going to be very unappreciative if you don't wear a cape at some point during the trip...

dt

I wore a cape today whilst having my barnet sorted!

Ahh, I deleted Piers' post instead of quoting! Sorry!

WTH is is a barnet?

Robb, despite the comments, I hope you and Elissa know how many people do appreciate what you do and how much work you put into these trips and events.

I definintely appreciate the trips. Even though I haven't been on one, I really enjoy reading them. You guys (Robb and Elissa) should keep that in mind when you feel everyone's complaining.

15 minutes or even just getting the opportunity to get into the line before the gp is a HUGE perk.

I have now been on three trips with the Alveys and on all at least two of them there have been perks like this (I can't remember one on Scandi, but that doesnt mean we didnt have one). Getting 15 minutes was more than we got on a few of the coasters, on Silver Star, Bandit (Movie Park) and Big Thunder (Paris) we literally got to get on the ride JUST before the GP and we got at least two rides on each of them. Two rides we didn't need to wait for. Two rides that developed huge lines instantly. Two rides that were hard fought and won by Robb and Elissa. Bandit sucked and I wouldn't have wanted to wait for, and actually wouldnt have had time to ride because of when it opened to the public and the length of the line.

Any perk is something to be thankful for and 15 minutes is definately a perk.

Is that a typing error or are you really only getting 15 minutes?

Are you serious???

Let's see, if you did this on your own:

Park admission - $44.99

Parking - $15

Oh wait! Since you're listed as being 12, you probably wouldn't have to pay for parking. My bad.

Picnic lunch - NOT AVAILABLE - But you may buy your own lunch, so let's go conservative and say $12.

The cheapest Flashpass - $26 - But you probably wouldn't pay for that either to save money. Besides, you probably enjoy standing in lines all day long.

Meet & greet with animals & trainers - NOT AVAILABLE

Getting in 15 minutes early to ride Medusa - NOT AVAILABLE

An hours' worth of ERT on 3 coasters - NOT AVAILABLE

Q&A with park management - Maybe, if you happen to know who they are and see them walking around the park the day you happen to visit.

A few extra "surprises" that will make your time there more memorable - Well, you might get gum stuck on your shoe, or line jumped by two dozen kids pushing you around - we'll call that a draw.

So, to recap your day:

You've spent about $57, depending on your eating habits over a 10 hour park visit (plus $15 if you did have to pay for the parking, for a total of about $72).

You DIDN'T get a "meet and greet" session with the animals and their trainers.

You DIDN'T get 2-3 rides on Medusa before the GP even entered the park.

You DIDN'T get an all-you-can-eat lunch.

You DIDN'T get a discount on Flashpass to get multiple rides on pretty much everything.

You DIDN'T get a 45 minute Q&A session with park management. (You were too busy waiting in line for a ride when you saw them walk by!)

You DIDN'T get an hour's worth of ERT on ANYTHING!

Yeah. For the low, low price of $57, I'd say YOU got YOUR money's worth.

Now for rest of the poor saps going to the "Bay AREA BASH" hosted & arranged by Robb and Elissa with SFDK, they're forced pay the OUTRAGEOUS fees of $35!! (And the ungodly total of $48 if they choose the Flashpass option!)

Do you really think you can just go to any parks management team and say your bringing in X amount of people to spend the day, what can they do for you? You'd get laughed right out of town!

Without the hard EARNED reputation of Robb and Elissa, and the insane amount of hours talking with, and negotiating with parks ALL OVER THE WORLD, events like this WOULD NOT HAPPEN!

Even the almighty "ACE" couldn't pull off a single day event of this magnitude for under $40! (Realistically $50)

Thinking is fundamental! Thank goodness that they've been doing this for so long, all I have to do is ride their coattails!

And I ALWAYS appreciate ANY perks they they can arrange.

You can wait at the entrance for those 15 minutes. I'll get in 5 rides before you even get back there - Thanks to Robb and Elissa!

JJ

We can only take so much complaining from so many people that we finally just say "fudge it! Let's not invite anyone who isn't part of the official tour! It's just too much of a headache!"

--Robb

I really hope that bad apple (who complained about 15 mins of ERT, which honestly is the most ridiculous comment anyone could make on a PERK!) isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back! I'm kinda looking forward to any available meet ups you guys might have for people not officially attending the West Coast trip. By the way just in case you don't hear this comment enough... !!!THANK YOU!!! Robb and Elissa for all the time, work and effort you guys put in TPR!!!

Robb and Elissa, I hope you know, (and I'm sure you probably do), that a great many of us sincerely appreciate all that you do for the members of TPR. I have yet to be able to see my way clear to make it on a TPR trip, but I have immensely enjoyed the 3 single-day SFMM events that I have attended thanks to them being made available by TPR (and Ride World, in the case of WCB) .

I've only spoken with you briefly at each event, but you've always asked how our day was going and have seemed genuinely concerned that everyone is having a good time. I am truly impressed by all the work you do to make it possible for so many other people to have a great time. Trust me, we have had some of the best theme park experiences ever when we attend TPR events.

I can certainly understand that opening up certain days of your trips to the rest of us involves extra work for you. I just want to make sure that you know that there are a lot of us that don't take that for granted.

Here's looking forward to seeing a bunch of CRAZY TPR people having an AWESOME time a week from tomorrow!