TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bay Area Bash! Six Flags Discovery Kingdom!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pikbud, did you find a ride?

I am considering going, and I would be driving up from san jose. While I would normally take the east bay side up, I wouldn't have a problem heading through SF.

How many of you are there though?

Hi skaunit. We found a way to get there with public transit using the 511 site as a backup, it takes like 2 hours, but we really wanted to attend this event. There are three of us, me, and my roommates Anthony and Jess. She's very excited about the animals and he loves the coasters. If you can fit us in your car, that would be great. Just let me know. Like I said, we'll cover you parking and get you a snowcone or something.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I have just got word from Lo-Q (the company that supplies Flash Pass) that the Flash Pass system will be 50% of during Bay Area Bash!

So if you want to get a Flash Pass (Q-Bot) all you need to do is go to the Flash Pass office and show your Bay Area Bash Credentials (You'll have either a wristband or lanyard) and you will receive 50% off your Flash Pass purchase!

If you haven't used this fantastic virtual queue system yet, now is your chance to try it out!

And if you haven't registered for the event yet, you can do so here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=45

--Robb

Hey Robb I have a few questions. I looked through the whole thread and couldn't find an answer so sorry if I'm just blind and didn't see it. I would love to go but don't want to ask for it off from work considering it's only my 2nd month at my job. Is there anyway I can register and pay and if I end up working that day get a refund? Also if I do end up going are we required to stay the whole day? Since It's my home park I would like to go for the morning backstage stuff and lunch. Than during the day maybe go back home and come back for the night ERT. Could that be a possibility? Thanks for any help to my questions.

P.S. How many spots are left till this event is full?

Hey Robb I have a few questions. I looked through the whole thread and couldn't find an answer so sorry if I'm just blind and didn't see it. I would love to go but don't want to ask for it off from work considering it's only my 2nd month at my job. Is there anyway I can register and pay and if I end up working that day get a refund? Also if I do end up going are we required to stay the whole day? Since It's my home park I would like to go for the morning backstage stuff and lunch. Than during the day maybe go back home and come back for the night ERT. Could that be a possibility? Thanks for any help to my questions.

P.S. How many spots are left till this event is full?

I am going to try to make event packets available at Will Call, but I don't have that sorted out.

So if you want to come for just part of the day, you would be able to.

It would still be the same price, though.

--Robb

Hey everyone!

I did get some news from the park about event packets being left at Will Call.

If you arrive at the park AFTER the registration you CAN pick up your event packets at Will Call.

So if you want to come for the entire event, or just part of it, you can still pick up your packet later in the day.

If you have not registered for Bay Area Bash yet, do it now! There are still a few tickets left:

--Robb

Yes there are quite a few bird exhibits. There is the butterfly habitat walk through area, Lorikeet aviary(buy a cup of food & they will all come to you),they have a flamingo area,& penguin exhibit. Don't miss any of those. Oh also the Bird Drop In show. I am going again in August but it won't be on the TPR day.

Well, try as I might, I will not be able to make it to this event

I "reserved" a space via a TPR Store purchase, but held off on paying until I was sure I could make it. Since I won't be able to, do I need to do something more to cancel my unpaid reservation? Thanks for offering this new TPR get-together. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it in the future. Ride Medusa 'til you puke!!!

-Doug

i have a broken ankle so i can not attend . If you guys get a chance the Sonoma county fair is going on the 28th of July thru the 9th of August. it will include 3 credits a 80 foot drop tower it has a huge flower show. which very cool i might go opening day in my wheelchair and take some photos its only 45 minute drive from sfdk and you could stop at winery's if it your cup of tea.

I have a question as far as lodging is concerned. I've checked out reviews on Yelp and Tripadvisor and all the reviews, even for the "nicer" ones have been really bad. I don't have a ton of money to spend, but I don't want to stay at a nasty place either.

When I did my East Coast trip last year I spent some time at Motel 6's. Some were bad, but none were so horrible I couldn't stay there. The reviews for the Motels 6's in the Vallejo area are not exactly the best. But sometimes reviews are deceiving. Maybe they are not bad for what you pay.

Does anyone have recommendations on where to stay, where to avoid, etc? I was even looking at surrounding cities. I wouldn't mind driving in 30 mins if it means I can stay at a cleaner, safer place. Some of the reviews said "I got my car broken into." Heh.

Thanks

The hotels right there certainly have issues, but we've stayed in them before and never felt 'unsafe' or had our car broken into. Loud, dirty, certainly not great, but fine for a bed, shower, toilet, and park the next day!

If you're interested though, I may be able to get some additional rooms down in Santa Clara where the West Coast Trip official group is staying. It's somewhat of a long drive that morning, but you'll pretty much be with the group at least!

I'll be at Santa Cruz on Thursday. So, staying in Santa Clara might not be a bad idea. At least I'd know I'm staying at a decent place, in a good area. Depending on the cost of the room, I'd be interested in staying in Santa Clara wherever you have rooms. Thank you much for the quick reply and offering to help.

I Pricelined in Santa Clara and got the Wyndham for $50 per night for Thu, Fri and Saturday. Something to consider as well.

We've only stayed at the Days Inn that is in Vallejo, and as Elissa said, not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in (or booked and not stayed in **cough**HotelForHaunt**cough**) but nothing worth writing home about.

Bay Area Bash! Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Friday, August 7th, 2009

Hey everyone!

I have some good news! We have added a few 'extras' onto our schedule for Bay Area Bash and a few extra "surprises."

If you have not registered for Bay Area Bash yet, click here:

This event is only $35 per person!

- 8:30 - 9:15 - Event registration

- 9:30 - 10:15am - Backstage tour of SFDK's Animal Attractions -

Get up close and personal with Odin's Temple of the Tiger!

Including an animal "meet and greet", Q&A session with the

Animal Trainers and MORE!

- 10:15 - 10:30 - Early rides on Medusa!

- 12:00 - 1:30pm - Group Picnic - There will be some awesome

surprises at our group picnic that you will not want to miss out on!

- 1:30 - 2:15pm - Q&A session with park management with some

very special guests!

- 8:00 - 9:00pm - ERT on Tony Hawk, Roar, and V2

- 9:10pm - Tram back to the parking lot

Some additional notes -

- If you cannot make event registration in the morning, don't worry! Your event packet will be held for you at Will Call.

- Flash Pass powered by Lo-Q is 50% off for this event! Simply go to

the Flash Pass office and show your Theme Park Review wristband for the

discount.

- If you have any other questions, please email me now!

We look forward to seeing you at Bay Area Bash!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

I have a feeling this is going to end up being the - Don't Miss It! - event this year for Northern California theme park enthusiasts. My daughter, who wants to work with animals someday, is particularly excited for the early part of the day. Thanks for all you do to set up great events like this for all of us here at TPR.

My daughter, who wants to work with animals someday, is particularly excited for the early part of the day. Thanks for all you do to set up great events like this for all of us here at TPR.

Even as just a coaster enthusiest I was looking forward to the backstage part the most!

I'm still super bummed that I wont be able to make it! I hope this event turns out so good that it happens again in 2010! Have fun everybody!