TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bay Area Bash! Six Flags Discovery Kingdom!

Theme Park Review invites you to our first ever Bay Area Bash!

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Friday, August 7th, 2009

Download the flyer for more details!

To Register for this event, click here:

REGISTER FOR BAY AREA BASH!

Bay Area Bash 2009 includes:

- Morning backstage tours of SFDK’s animal attractions! Get up close and personal with the park’s wildlife

- Night time ERT on Roar, V2, and Tony Hawk!

- Group Lunch!

- Q&A Session with Six Flags Discovery Kingdom management!

- TPR Trivia with prizes!

- More TPR Fun to be announced soon!

The cost of this event is a flat fee of $35 for everyone! You do not need a season pass to attend. You do not need to buy a separate admission ticket. The $35 event fee includes admission, lunch, backstage tours, ERT, and MORE!

You need to be a registered member of Theme Park Review to attend. Your guests, however do not have to be members of the site. If you do not have an account with Theme Park Review, register now...it's *FREE*

www.themeparkreview.com/register

If your guest is a past member of Theme Park Review that has had their account deactivated or banned, they will not be allowed into the event and your account/membership may also be subject to being deactivated or banned and you may also not be allowed into Bay Area Bash 2009..

This event will go on rain or shine. There will be no refunds in the event of bad weather. Tickets WILL be limited so get yours now before they sell out!

See you at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom on Friday, August 7th!

--Robb

bayareabash_2009_flyer.pdf

Bay Area Bash Flyer!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Adobe keeps crashing, but all I wanted to know from the flyer is the deadline to complete (pay) registration? I just registered anyways, but I don't want to pay until I'm 100% positive we can take the time off work.

You've got until August 3rd.

--Robb

Whoo!! This works out perfectly for me, I was planning to visit SFDK for the first time this summer.

This will be my first ever TPR trip; I wanted to attend WCB, but I wouldn't have enough time to make that much money.

I might bring my mom as a guest, I made her promise that she would ride a roller coaster at least once in her life. In return, I have to provide her a hand to crush and mangle during the ride.

Its probably high time to introduce myself:

I'm Adam, a 16 year old coaster lover from Maryland, who has lived in California for the past three years. I'm the only one in my family who enjoys roller coasters (although there may still be hope for my mom. We'll see August 7th) so I'll finally be among my fellow enthusiasts for the first time come the seventh!

Hi everyone!

hah!

you might actually have the pleasure of my company for this one - have lived up here for 2 years and haven't yet gone to SFDK (how embarrassing!) so maybe this would be a good time to do it...

isn't like i'd recognize anyone anymore, though...

You've got until August 3rd.

--Robb

Great! I should know well before than. Thank You!

And now I know. We wont be able to make it to this event due to Sarah's new job training.

Sarah and I both love Discovery Kingdom, and we are bummed we can't make it!

Oooohhh, a TPR event that I can possibly make it to!!! It looks like this question was already answered for Calicoasters, but I'll ask anyways just to be sure. I think that I will be able to attend, but I won't know if work will be a prohibitive factor until later this month (certainly well before August 3rd). Can I sign up, but wait to pay until I find out if I will have to work then? Like I said before, I would know for sure well before the August 3rd deadline. Thanks for the information. I do hope I can make it out there, as I would love to meet all these crazy people from this site and FINALLY make it out for a TPR event.

-Doug

Dammit!!!! I was so excited to see this happening and thought I could simply take the day off work and finally meet everybody for the first time. Alas, we have vacation blackout for that day and I will not be able to attend. I live in Fremont, CA which is only about a 45 min. drive to SFDK so that makes it all the more disappointing.

Have a great time everybody. Perhaps some other day when there's a California's Great America meet or maybe next year at SFDK. I'll meet you all some day!

~JayBe

Oooohhh, a TPR event that I can possibly make it to!!! It looks like this question was already answered for Calicoasters, but I'll ask anyways just to be sure. I think that I will be able to attend, but I won't know if work will be a prohibitive factor until later this month (certainly well before August 3rd). Can I sign up, but wait to pay until I find out if I will have to work then? Like I said before, I would know for sure well before the August 3rd deadline. Thanks for the information. I do hope I can make it out there, as I would love to meet all these crazy people from this site and FINALLY make it out for a TPR event.

-Doug

Here's the thing - you can "sign up" but if you're not paid up, and we sell out of tickets to people who have actually paid up, we cannot honor your registration, sorry!

--Robb

^Makes sense. In that case, I'll sign up. Then, I'll hope that the event doesn't sell out before I get confirmation work-wise. Thanks for the info! I sure hope that I can make it...I've wanted to be a part of one of these events for a long time.

-Doug

I'm guessing it was the park's decision to hold the event Friday as opposed to say, Saturday?

Actually, it was our decision. The Friday worked better for our West Coast Trip and this event ties into that trip.

Also, we try not to hold events on Saturdays, especially if it's mainly for locals of a park for a number of reasons -

- Frist off, if we have morning and night ERT does anyone REALLY want to be at a park ALL DAY on a busy Saturday?

- Saturdays are usually parks busiest day in terms of group sales, catering, etc, so we often find we can get MORE from a park by avoiding Saturdays.

Those are really the top two reasons.

--Robb "We hope you can make it!" Alvey

Im in. funny I was gonna ask at the Terminator event if you guys were gonna do anything up my way with SFDK. My unasked prayer has been answered. Kinda sucks that I bought a season pass but I'm still paying to get in.