TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Entertaining, funny ride ops.

It's not really THAT funny but I thought I'd mention it anyways. On The Bat at CW, while going up the first lift hill the guy on the mic said "Dropping you in 10....9....8...." like they do on Drop Tower. The only thing was that he dropped us at about when he got down to 4 or something. That really caught me off guard!

Thought I'd bring up this one too. Those of you who went on the West Coast Trip probably know it. On Boomerang at SFDK, right after the "All clear, dispatch!" the lady on the mic said something like "We are going to take you 125 feet up into the air and drop you to go through 3 inversions before you go through it all again backwards!"

I don't think anyone really paid attention to that except me that day.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered another Xcelerator ride op. that was funny.

A lady sitting behind me got on with her boyfriend, then she got really freaked out when she pulled down her lap bar and begged a ride op. to let her off. He just stared at her for a while then let her off. When she and her boyfriend got off they walked the wrong way and every single ride op. told them to go the opposite direction and follow the exit signs. It took them a while to finally turn around.

I vote for the various crews on Ninja @ SFMM...

"Enjoy your ride on the Ninja HI-YA!"

It's best when everybody in the train starts saying "hiYA!" back to the op and then it goes back and forth until the train leaves the station.

Also... there was a guy dispatching Goliath @ SFMM a few months ago that just kept going "ohhh yeaahhhhhh" for no reason. It was funny.

I vote for the various crews on Ninja @ SFMM...

"Enjoy your ride on the Ninja HI-YA!"

It's best when everybody in the train starts saying "hiYA!" back to the op and then it goes back and forth until the train leaves the station.

Ninja's crew was definitely my favourite. And the guy on Tatsu kept humming to the theme song playing in the station... then started asking people if they'd bought a copy of the Tatsu Soundtrack.

The ride op on Xcelerator kept saying "Once you're finished on Xcelerator, make sure you try out Ghostrider. It's quite the ride..."

I always like the guy who runs the Polar Express Himalaya ride in Coney Island, he has some pretty good lines. For example, instead of saying that the ride is going to go backwards next, he'll say something like "Don't move, don't get up, don't you dare get out; I'm gonna slow you down, take you around, take you backwards baby, part two is coming up!" And whenever he slows the ride down he'll go "eaaaasy Polar, easy Polar, eezay!" It's like he's trying to calm it down or something. lol

Also... there was a guy dispatching Goliath @ SFMM a few months ago that just kept going "ohhh yeaahhhhhh" for no reason. It was funny.

LOL.

Last two times I went to SFMM (which was the first week of August), the dude at Tatsu goes...."ya boi".....on and on and on....with every train dispatch...like "enjoy your ride on the Tatsu.......yea boy!!!"

There was this awesome guy who was running Joker's Jinx at SFA. He kept saying random quotes from Batman: The Dark Knight and dispatching it ta split second after he finished. He also had various ways of counting down to scare riders. For example, one way was: Joker's Jinx will launch in 5...4..3 (launch)...2...1...LAUNCH! And the best part was that he would launch at 3, but keep counting down like nothing ever happened. It was funny to see the reaction of guests in the station. He was actually smart and did something different every time so people wouldn't catch on. He was awesome!

The go-kart/bumber boat ride ops at Little Amerricka where really cool. they were teens probably getting money for college. Anyway they talked to everyone waiting and we got in a conversation of who would win in a fight to the death the Jonas Brothers or 3 Zac Efrons. Also one kid kept asking when we could go so they decided everytime he said that the people racing would get two more laps. Cruel but funny. They were also pretty funny when they told us how to race and kinda made fun of my friend when they said to put your foot on the gas and he put it on the break. The Meteor ride op was also pretty funny. He wouldn't let my friend on because he said the ride sucked. At the end of the day he gave us 10 laps without getting off which made him even better.

Have you guys seen the black guy operating Goliath at Magic Mountain who's absolutely ripped and ask's everyone who's your daddy.

He is a really nice guy. He is so funny. Just a little too much sometimes. He worked at Disneyland Resort for about 25 years. I haven't seen him in forever. He always says all sides clear and then stares to the right with a big smile.

• 1 month later...

The best ride ops I have experienced were at BGE in 2008. It was in Griffon's station and whenever the ride op dispatched a train, she remixed "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie to a song about griffon. It was awesome and she had a great voice too. She was always smiling and talking with guests and even got asked out on a date!lol.

During the regular season, one of my coworkers at the Racer stopped the trains at the back of the station and did a little Kanye West spoof before advancing them.

"Red train, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but blue train is much more awesome than you and should have won."

During the regular season, one of my coworkers at the Racer stopped the trains at the back of the station and did a little Kanye West spoof before advancing them.

"Red train, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but blue train is much more awesome than you and should have won."

That is just the best. Ever.

I really like the crew on Acrophobia, mostly because of the songs and other silly stuff they say on the mic as the ride is operating. I remember one day when the ride op was singing an Acrophobia version of the Gilligan's Island theme. It was awesome.

A ride op. on Tower of Terror (DCA) was giving everyone in the elevator a devilish grin and when he came to one guy he stopped and just stared at him. The ride started and when we got back he was in the same position still staring at him. It looked like he didn't even move. It was really eery and the guy screamed. It made the ride that much better.

Anyone ridden Prowler this year and gotten the kid who makes all the rhymes about Prowler (arms down, head back, the big black cat is about to attack), and then as the train is leaving he says "enjoy your ride on Prowler, chomp, chomp, RAWWRRR!!!" Hysterical.

I think they all do that as during the 3 days I was there for Con they would do some rhyme every time the train was dispatched. Same with Mamba's crew.

A ride op. on Tower of Terror (DCA) was giving everyone in the elevator a devilish grin and when he came to one guy he stopped and just stared at him. The ride started and when we got back he was in the same position still staring at him. It looked like he didn't even move. It was really eery and the guy screamed. It made the ride that much better.

I met that exact same guy! He was pretty cool.

When I was @ SFMM 2 days before TS:TR Media Day, a ride op for Goliath was saying "Enjoy your ride on Goliath, OH YEAH!" We found out that he actually used to do local Kool-Aid commercials and that he was a TPR Member. If you're out there somewhere, those weird easily entertained Washingtonians would like to say hi!

A few years ago I was at DL about to go on the haunted mansion. These people in front of me were complaining that the ride was not scary(they were kind of @$$e$). Right before the elevator room the people were still talking about the lack of fear, and the person in the front of the elevator room jumped out at them and yelled BOO! The people all screamed and the op said "The 999 ghosts are in the mansion, I am number 1000(in a creepy way with a creepy laugh) it was creepy and also awesome. I hope he did not get in trouble though, it was not really disneyish for the ride op- to scare people.